What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

What Are You Currently Reading?

War Master's Gate.
Well, I just about finished it today, but still.

Currently 80 chapters in and it's still interesting and I'm quite curious about the world. My only real peeve is a recurring grammatical mistake :p

Right now I'm reading Burial Rites. So far it's pretty boring and all over the place but hopefully it picks up soon.

Yea, All the covers are awesome!
145674-ml-916538.jpg

And there is another one but google and work computer aren't playing along!

Just started this last night
9202591.jpg

^ Good book. Should reach Contact Harvest if you haven't already. It's about the first, unofficial meeting between the Covenant and humanity before the war.

I'm reading Rising Tides by Taylor Anderson.

Crucible of Gold by Naomi Novik and have been devouring a story every day from Dreamsongs I by George R.R. Martin.

Dizzy said:
^ Good book. Should reach Contact Harvest if you haven't already. It's about the first, unofficial meeting between the Covenant and humanity before the war.

I'm reading Rising Tides by Taylor Anderson.

Oh cheers will have to look out for that, just making my way through the series at the moment.

Are you enjoying it at all?

Reading American Gods now.

Evil Eye said:
Are you enjoying it at all?

Reading American Gods now.

If your question was directed towards me yes I am enjoying it :yes:

Are you enjoying your book '' American Gods '' ?

It was and good. People don't tend to enjoy their required reading, in my experience :p

Yup, I'm enjoying my book.

The Untold Legend of the Batman by Len Wein
The Sherlock Holmes Collection by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Hereward: The Devil's Army by James Wylde

LegendHidden said:
I have to read Romeo and Juliet.
I do believe that William Shakespeare is possibly the most overrated writer in the history of literature, while simultaneously having some of the brightest ideas in the craft so far. His writing is labeled literary brilliance when in-reality, the writing is written so pretentiously that it feels more like a bore to read. I really do believe at that time, skilled writers were oftentimes defined by how big of words they could use and not the quality of their work. All the same, and Romeo & Juliet is a good example of this, William Shakespeare had a lot of really creative ideas. It feels as though there are so many layers upon layers when it comes to the depth of the characters.

A large majority of the population that have heard about Romeo and Juliet will likely described it as being a tale of true-love, but for those that actually read it, there is a lot more going on there. Romeo is your average teenager that was previously lusting over some gal named Rosaline, then, minutes later, he falls in lust with Juliet. Then, they engage in teenage rebellion at its finest. There is other little dimensions as well, such as the allegations that Mercutio had homosexual feelings toward Romeo, in-fact, in a recent uptake for the story called "Romeo + Juliet" with Leonardo DiCaprio, they actually made him a cross-dresser.

The book itself was written with stylization that made it feel more like a choir than anything else, but the ideas that were implemented are absolutely golden.

Big Dog Ink's Penny For Your Soul: War Volume 1. Fantastic read.

Someone To Watch Over Me - Judith McNaught

Ecofeminism by Maria Mies & Vandana Shiva and Proud to be Right: Voices of the next Conservative Generation edited by Jonah Goldberg.

I haven't been keeping this quite up-to-date, it seems.

I'm reading Pact.

Moby Dick - Bathroom reading.

Ideal for bathroom reading as the chapters are so very short. Sometimes as short as a single paragraph.

The Complete Sherlock Holmes volume 1 by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

I'm not very far into it yet, but it's been good so far.

Currently reading Think Like a Freak by Stephen D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner.

They also wrote Freakonomics, which was quite a thought-provoking read.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I've been reading it for a couple of months haha, well haven't touched for weeks but I'm near the end.

I'm currently reading The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson.

telling tales by anne cleeves

http://www.anncleeves.com/vera/tales.html

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom