What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

What Are You Currently Reading?

"Extreme Teen Bible"
"Conversations with God Book 2" by Neale Donald Walsch
"Chicken Soup for the Soul: Think Positive" by Jack Canfield, Mark Victor Hansen, and Amy Newmark

"The Paleo Diet" by Loren Cordain

Golden Age of Chicago Children's Television by Ted Okuda & Jack Mulqueen. Great book!

Golden Age of Chicago Children's Television by Ted Okuda & Jack Mulqueen. Great book!
Did chicago have its own childrens programming that the rest of the country didn't have?

Did chicago have its own childrens programming that the rest of the country didn't have?
Yes. We had great kid shows like Garfield Goose, Bozo, Gigglesnort Hotel, Ray Rayner, Mulqueen's Kiddie A Go-Go and lots more.

Bozo was seen in other markets across the country, but our Chicago version lasted 40 years.

I am currently reading Emergency Care in the Streets 8th edition.... It's two huge textbooks for paramedic school. It's all I"m reading haha.

early-christian-fathers-9780684829517_hr.jpg

Early Christian Fathers -- interesting book on the early leaders of the Christian church c. 1st-2nd century A.D.

Haven't picked up the book in a little while, but I'd still like to finish: You Are a Badass

I am mostly reading books related to my classes. I have misplaced one of my textbooks though as I recently moved house. Hopefully can find that over the next few days. :banghead:

Last edited:
"Precious Moments Holy Bible"

"Anne Frank: Diary of a Young Girl" by Anne Frank.

Unlikeliest Of Marriages; the second book of my fan fiction story.

The-Andromeda-Evolution-bookshot-e1582840652986.png

...somewhere Crichton is smiling from the Great Literary Hall in the Sky..... :)

'Human Instinct' by Robert Winston.

'The Lyrics' by Paul McCartney. I'm on book 1 of the two-part set. Loving it so far.

Psychological Types by Carl Jung
A Companion to Cognitive Anthropology edited by David B. Kronenfeld

I am enjoying the Companion to Cognitive Anthropology more, which surprises me. As I thought it was going to be the opposite. While it is definitely a subfield of social anthropology I am weaker in, I am surprised how many of the anthropologists being referenced that I recognize or in some cases have even read some of their work. One or two of them I even reference a lot in assignments at uni and didn't even realize they were cognitive anthropologists.

Psychological Types by Carl Jung
A Companion to Cognitive Anthropology edited by David B. Kronenfeld

I am enjoying the Companion to Cognitive Anthropology more, which surprises me. As I thought it was going to be the opposite. While it is definitely a subfield of social anthropology I am weaker in, I am surprised how many of the anthropologists being referenced that I recognize or in some cases have even read some of their work. One or two of them I even reference a lot in assignments at uni and didn't even realize they were cognitive anthropologists.

Is that for school or leisure?

I just finished reading the Ice children

I just posted about it in another thread

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom