What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

What Are You Currently Reading?

Nebulous

Maintenance Man
Administrator
Founder

What Are You Currently Reading?

Currently reading Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

The Dante Club by Matthew Pearl. I think. Serial killers in Boston in time before.

Roll of Thunder - Hear My Cry

smile.png
Sad book.

Except for reading books related to school from time to time, I'm not currently reading any book.

In the Minds of Murderers: The Inside Story of Criminal Profiling - Paul Roland.

Yay, serial killers.
smile.png

I am reading The Decisive Moment

The Decisive Moment, Jonah Lehrer arms us with the tools we need, drawing on cutting-edge research by Daniel Kahneman, Colin Camerer and others, as well as the world's most interesting 'deciders' â?? from airline pilots, world famous sportsmen and hedge fund investors to serial killers, politicians and poker players. He shows how the fluctuations of a few dopamine neurons saved a battleship during the Persian Gulf War, and how the fevered activity of a single brain region led to the sub-prime mortgage crisis. Lehrer's goal is to answer two questions that are of interest to just about anyone, from CEOs to firefighters: How does the human mind make decisions? And how can we make those decisions better?

http://www.waterstones.com/waterstonesw ... ku=6672691

I'm Only Being Honest - Jeremy Kyle

Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte

The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne

Irvine said:
Reading Digital Fortress by Dan Brown

That's a really good book. You'll like it.

I just finished all my books. I finished the Lost Symbol a week ago, and some crap school related book today.

The lost Symbol was really good. If you liked Angels and Demons and Da Vinci Code, check it out.

I'm not reading anything right now. I want to read The Catcher in the Rye again, for like the fifth time, but I can't find my book.

The Catcher in the Rye is a book I've wanted to read to read for a long time, but I don't want to yet, I'm scared I won't understand it. It was the same with the Alchemist, it made me cry but I didn't even know why.

Reading the Getting of Wisdom now, by Henry Handel Richardson, which is a pen name. She went to my old school.
biggrin.gif
The book is set there. And nothing much has changed.

Problem is that I didn't understand Donnie Darko either. Time travel is too complex. I hate ambiguous endings, they make a nasty dig at my intelligence.

Mind Hunter - John Douglas and Mark Olshaker.

Although I don't know what Olshaker did, except take a few photos. Oh well. Yay, more serial killers! How to Lose Friends and Alienate People.

Not really reading anything at the moment, though I do have some books I need to finish before the next batch at Christmas comes around.

Was working on finishing The Living Dead anthology about I'm sure you can guess.
biggrin.gif

I never thought I'd say this, but...I'm reading too much.
dry.gif
It's getting in the way of my sleeping and my schoolwork. Oh well.

Finally started reading the Catcher in the Rye. Now I wish I hadn't, because I seem to be a lot like Holden, and that is a depressing thought. It's by J.D Salinger and it is a lot easier to read than I had expected. I thought it'd be something really confusing and awesome, but it actually makes a lot of sense. Still awesome though.

Yeah I believe it.
biggrin.gif
We're all growing up.

This is making me so sad because I'm just too much like him and I don't think that's a very good thing. I think I could have done without this book, it's kept me up all night. It's just that I like to talk about my books, I don't think I could do this one with my psych and no one even reads anymore, it's sort of funny I guess. I was reading Veronika Decides to Die again and it just made me feel that way.

Romeo and Juliet is a wonderful play.

Currently re-reading Texas--James Michner.

The Same Stuff as Stars (Not sure who by, we are reading at school.)

Frankenstein - Mary Shelley.

Romeo and Juliet has wonderful language. Shakespeare = metaphor = awesome. But god I HATE ROMEO AND JULIET AS CHARACTERS. THEY'RE SO IRRATIONALLY FOOLISH.

Romeo and Juliet sucks. Hamlet is God Awesome though.

By the way Kacz, you can talk to me about The Catcher In The Rye. =D

Discord said:
Romeo and Juliet sucks. Hamlet is God Awesome though.

By the way Kacz, you can talk to me about The Catcher In The Rye. =D

Yay, you will run away in horror though. Hamlet, Macbeth, Julius Caeser, King Lear...anything is better really. Teenage love is infatuation.

The Swiss Family Robinson - Johann Wyss.

Dug out this book, got it in 2005 and never finished reading it. Apart from the preaching and the praying,

Elyon by Ted Dekker.

What Americans Really Want... Really by Frank Luntz

And my Economics textbook......

Still reading Romeo & Juliet. On Act 3, scene 3. Long play!
laugh.gif

Jughead said:
Still reading Romeo & Juliet. On Act 3, scene 3. Long play!
laugh.gif

I hope you're reading out loud. It's a play! It's like poetry!

Disconnected - Sherry Ashworth.

Minus the alcoholicism thing, I am exactly like the main character; regarding schoolwork, parents, friends, everything. Pretty sad.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom