What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Post your desktop (or other wallpapers)

I recently updated my computer and the background disappeared. Its just a black screen now. I need to pick another wallpaper image.
I'd rather not get updates, they can really screw up vital stuff. :verymad: but....oh well....:rolleyes:

I'd rather not get updates, they can really screw up vital stuff. :verymad: but....oh well....:rolleyes:
I know right! Updates are suppose to improve stuff, not break it. :nono:

I use a rotating slideshow of different wallpapers I have, everything from song lyrics that help me to random wallpapers I made or, in this case, two pictures of my favourite anime character, Nanachi from Made in Abyss.

Desktop.png

Thats a good idea, is that a program you installed or is it a setting on the PC?
It's a part of Windows by default, you can setup a folder on your computer, fill it with different backgrounds, then go to Personalize > Background, set it to Slideshow and select the folder and length of time between changes and it'll rotate through them :)

It's a part of Windows by default, you can setup a folder on your computer, fill it with different backgrounds, then go to Personalize > Background, set it to Slideshow and select the folder and length of time between changes and it'll rotate through them :)
Nice, I will do that!

Nice, I will do that!
It's nice, you see one background when you sit down at your computer, and when you're finished, it's a completely different image. I use it for things to help me with depression, but I can imagine filling the folder with happy, bright things or wonderful scenery, or things of that nature.

It's nice, you see one background when you sit down at your computer, and when you're finished, it's a completely different image. I use it for things to help me with depression, but I can imagine filling the folder with happy, bright things or wonderful scenery, or things of that nature.
I like it! Setting that up in a few. :computer:

My-Desktop-October-17-2022.jpg

In Memory of G4TV 😢

Whats that?
They were a gaming-central channel that merged with my all time favourite channel, TechTV, then were shut down. They made a comeback attempt with a whole new lineup of hosts and different shows, but...it's failed, so this is the end once again for G4TV.

They were a gaming-central channel that merged with my all time favourite channel, TechTV, then were shut down. They made a comeback attempt with a whole new lineup of hosts and different shows, but...it's failed, so this is the end once again for G4TV.

That sucks! Never watched it, suppose I missed out.

That sucks! Never watched it, suppose I missed out.
It was a pretty good network, though I wish they'd kept more of TechTV when they acquired it. So many good shows gone by the wayside, and even when they brought it back, they didn't bring back anything other than gaming content. It was a good channel, and it'll be missed, but it had so much more potential.

Edit -- an example of old school G4

In honor of the 18-time Grey Cup champions, the Toronto Argonauts.
My-Desktop-November-21-2022.jpg

My-Desktop-December-24-2022.jpg

My-Desktop-December-31-2022.jpg

I've been using this as my wallpaper for a while. The artist is @_Miisty on Twitter.

ss.png

And since I sometimes browse here from my phone, here is my phone lock screen. This is Richmond from The IT Crowd.

image.png

I've been using this as my wallpaper for a while. The artist is @_Miisty on Twitter.

ss.png

And since I sometimes browse here from my phone, here is my phone lock screen. This is Richmond from The IT Crowd.

image.png
Omg Richmond Felicity Avenal! Yay, love it crowd :)

Z0f7xRo.png

A screenshot I managed to grab from one of the Armored Core VI trailers that I thought was a really cool shot that nowhere actually offers as a wallpaper. It also motivated me to clean up my desktop so the mech wasn't covered since before this I had five columns of icons. XD

At the moment that is what i i use.

Onvr2vph.jpg

Here's my desktop.
yBoosW8.png

And here's my physical desktop... need to do some cable management...
tWC0voTh.jpg

Got a better picture of my physical desktop. This one includes the small tinkering space I setup on my desk... I really need to expand this or at least find a better place to put my turntable/cassette/radio/equalizer... which is hooked into my desktop for audio input.

b5DUdh8h.jpg

RwjV3f1.png

My desktop as of 2023...two 24.5 inch monitors.

I can't do it here as there is no facility on this particular quadrant but it's a picture of a young Tomas Ledin recording in the studio alongside 2 blonde female backing vocalists.

Ah the old Post-It organization system. Good to see it again after all these years :D

Better picture, includes the phone at my desk. :phonecall: Fully works too!

RcmA3lYh.jpg

System specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7900X @5.733ghz
GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX 4060 TI
RAM: 64GB DDR5 4800 MHz
Capture Card: Cable Matters USB 3.0 HDMI

My-Desktop-November-1-2023.jpg

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom