What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Go on & vent

Nebulous

Maintenance Man
Administrator
Founder

What do you need to vent about?
Tell us what's bothering you at the moment.

My back has been hurting me a lot. Actually, plenty of my body has been hurting a lot and I'm hoping a couple trips to the doctors will be able to settle this once and for all. It just sucks having so many things wrong with you and having to spend all that time and money trying to fix it.

Dee said:
My back has been hurting me a lot. Actually, plenty of my body has been hurting a lot and I'm hoping a couple trips to the doctors will be able to settle this once and for all. It just sucks having so many things wrong with you and having to spend all that time and money trying to fix it.

I can definitely relate to that. :hug:

Had my door open (with the screen closed) to get some fresh air in here and someone nearby is apparently smoking a cigarette because all the fumes wafted in here. :mad:

Closed everything up and sprayed air freshener. I hate the smell of cigarettes. :sick:

I lost a friend today, but oh well I guess...I'm not going to beat myself up over it. Me helping him with his hobby was more important. Some people can be so complicated.

There are other people out there in the world. Its no different than friends in high school, they come and go and its been 12 years since I've seen any one I went to school with.

This has been bothering me since March 21st...
In case many of you don't know, I hate the TV show Ren and Stimpy. Never have liked it, never will like it. I express how true feeling toward the show and guess what? I was lashed out at by rabid fans. One fan (I will leave named anonymous) called me childish and immature where the attacker herself was being childish by not being respectful.
Two days later, another person called me a misogynist because I replied back saying her arguments are invalid and whatnot. Not only that, he called me a disgrace to the internet and mankind and that I disgust him. He disgusts me for not getting the point. She started it! I do not hate women, I love my mother, my granny, my great-grandmother, and my sister! His argument is invalid! He's wrong for calling me that for every reason and he should just slap himself with the pimp hand of epic fail.

See folks, this is why I hate rabid fans/haters, because if you say one negative this about any popular franchise, they act like immature children and attack you for it. Back when I was a brony, when and anti-brony would say that they did not like MLP:FiM, I would be like, "Ok, it's his/her opinion, I appreciate that.", not act like a immature 5-year old. These people remind me of a certain someone, not gonna mention his name, who behave just as bad as these guys do.

Last edited:
I can't fit my hand inside a Pringle Can.

Like, what the fuck, so, four inches in, and I'm done, no more chips for me? How's that fair? Then, I tried to tip it and the crumbs spill all over my face. Also, did Pringles want to be a tennis ball company at first?

I can't fit my hand inside a Pringle Can.

Like, what the fuck, so, four inches in, and I'm done, no more chips for me? How's that fair? Then, I tried to tip it and the crumbs spill all over my face. Also, did Pringles want to be a tennis ball company at first?
You must dump them out of the can and into your hand;)

My childhood friend who knows I've been transitioning and knows my name asked if she could send me a Christmas card. I said that it was fine, and the card came in today. Well she signed it with my damn dead name! She's sent me a card either last year or the year before with the correct name in the card, but not on the envelope... I threw it away immediately. I don't know if I should confront her about it or not. She also didn't address it to my spouse this year, but previous years she did.

My childhood friend who knows I've been transitioning and knows my name asked if she could send me a Christmas card. I said that it was fine, and the card came in today. Well she signed it with my damn dead name! She's sent me a card either last year or the year before with the correct name in the card, but not on the envelope... I threw it away immediately. I don't know if I should confront her about it or not. She also didn't address it to my spouse this year, but previous years she did.
I hope it wasn't done with malicious intent :hug:

Someone who knew you for their entire life and called you by a certain name probably will have trouble training their brain to call you by a different name 100% of the time. It was probably just a fluke.

Yeah that's what I was thinking that it was a fluke. We've known each other for 20 years now, it did take a bit for my parents to come around too and use the right name, so it's understandable. It did still stung a bit, not gonna lie.

Yeah that's what I was thinking that it was a fluke. We've known each other for 20 years now, it did take a bit for my parents to come around too and use the right name, so it's understandable. It did still stung a bit, not gonna lie.
Of course, that's a name that causes pain, that's not who you are, and doesn't 'connect' with you as a person. I understand, completely, and fingers crossed it was an honest mistake.

Some people that believe that just because I don't have children, that means I should not be busy. That I have all the free time in the world or I should always been the one to stay pass my work shift because I have no children meaning I don't have a life.

sucksss. I had to sell my car last year because times are really rough. and I still get people periodically telling me "just saw your OLD car around town! :D"
but I'm not really sure why. maybe they thought i'd like to know its still being cared for. but still heartbreaking for me to relive the day I sold it loll

life not fair
it is a bad day, actually been like that few days, ...also didn't sleep for over 3 days

I have been having allergies for a few months and I can’t hear well. I hate school and the verbal abuse of it all. I’m so tired of going to school every damn week. :censored:

I lost a friend today, but oh well I guess...I'm not going to beat myself up over it. Me helping him with his hobby was more important. Some people can be so complicated.

There are other people out there in the world. Its no different than friends in high school, they come and go and its been 12 years since I've seen any one I went to school with.
"lost" as in no longer friends? or "lost" as in passed away?

I was expecting a package yesterday. I checked tracking when I got up in the morning and it was on the truck for delivery. Purolator usually gets to my place early to mid-afternoon so I figured I had plenty of time to go to the gym. I was heading out to my car at 11:00am when I saw a Purolator truck drive into the parking lot (I live in an apartment complex). Since it was Friday, I didn't want to miss the delivery because then I'd have to wait until Monday to go pick it up. So I turned around and went back to my apartment so that I could receive the package and then go to the gym after that.

I sat on my couch and waited...and waited...and waited. I guess that truck wasn't carrying my package after all but at that point it was around Purolator's usual delivery window so I figured it would be coming any time. I ended up wasting the entire afternoon waiting for Purolator to show up. I would check tracking every now and then and it still showed as on the truck for delivery. It was approaching 6:00pm when I checked tracking again...and it showed as having been delivered at 4:50pm. What??! I went to check, and sure enough, there was box sitting in front of my apartment door. Delivery person never buzzed my apartment or even knocked on my door to let me know they were there.

So that was really annoying. :coffee:

There was a customer at my work place today that was being super rude to me over the phone, he heard me call him an asshole as I was hanging up. Maybe he should grow up and realize that you can't treat people like shit and not expect them to have dark thoughts and low opinions about you when you disrespect them.

Guess what. I had to do I Ready. It was very confusing and worst of all, the teachers see everything that I do. So now they think I am struggling but I am not. It is just the way they make the problems…

My cat bothering me she is sleeping next to me and she's snoring

It’s pouring outside and I got all wet

What do you need to vent about?
Tell us what's bothering you at the moment.
I'm upset that my trust was betrayed by someone i held dear. I'm angry that when i attempt to talking it through with them, that they become highly defensive and angry with me. And now i am stuck in a limbo of what to do, because i can't work through this and gain back anything i might have had with them, unless they communicate with me. It has upended my life. Thrown me and I'm scared for my future.

I'm tired of my parents asking me the same goddamn question everyday.

A long time ago, my mother used to do this all of the time and I found it to be very upsetting. It'd be the same round of questions that I had answered the previous day before and it was annoying. I felt like I was talking to someone who had dementia. I quit talking to my mom for almost a year because I felt like she didn't care and it was a waste of my time.

A long time ago, my mother used to do this all of the time and I found it to be very upsetting. It'd be the same round of questions that I had answered the previous day before and it was annoying. I felt like I was talking to someone who had dementia. I quit talking to my mom for almost a year because I felt like she didn't care and it was a waste of my time.

Did you ever try to figure out why your mom did this?

Did you ever try to figure out why your mom did this?
Presently we're on good terms. It's taken a long time for us to get there.

On this particular subject, no I haven't asked her. But we did talk about why we conflicted so much and that's because she was upset with what I did when I was a little kid to a young adult. She said I would always embarrass her because I was always in trouble at school and I never did as I was told. She said it took her a long time to get over a lot of the things I did. She's not lying, but I wish she would have gone about it differently.

Presently we're on good terms. It's taken a long time for us to get there.

On this particular subject, no I haven't asked her. But we did talk about why we conflicted so much and that's because she was upset with what I did when I was a little kid to a young adult. She said I would always embarrass her because I was always in trouble at school and I never did as I was told. She said it took her a long time to get over a lot of the things I did. She's not lying, but I wish she would have gone about it differently.
I think a lot of ppl can be troublesome in their teens though. Not a legit reason to disown anyone IMO.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom