What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

How did you find us?

I've been trying to find active forums off and on for a while now but never any luck. I haven't used reddit much in years but the reddit drama this week caught my attention, stirred a lot of thoughts and made me more determined to find a more traditional message board. So what I did this time was go to the proboards website and browse the most recently created forums until I found one that had affiliate banners. I hopped through the affiliate banners site to site to progressively more active forums, then found this one mentioned in a post somewhere. (I think that was itself a "how did you find this forum" thread...someone there said they came from here.) This wasn't the fastest operation, I visited a lot of empty forums on my way lol. So far I'm happy I landed here, it fits what I was looking for.
I was wondering if the whole Reddit thing was gonna bring people back towards classic message boards! Especially since I feel like Reddit is one of the things that led to their loss in popularity in the first place. I saw a few people on there mention that they missed the classic experience but we'll see how many of them actually follow through with leaving there. I was glad to find this place too.

I've been trying to find active forums off and on for a while now but never any luck. I haven't used reddit much in years but the reddit drama this week caught my attention, stirred a lot of thoughts and made me more determined to find a more traditional message board. So what I did this time was go to the proboards website and browse the most recently created forums until I found one that had affiliate banners. I hopped through the affiliate banners site to site to progressively more active forums, then found this one mentioned in a post somewhere. (I think that was itself a "how did you find this forum" thread...someone there said they came from here.) This wasn't the fastest operation, I visited a lot of empty forums on my way lol. So far I'm happy I landed here, it fits what I was looking for.
Hi Torque!
I hope that you will find some 'kindred spirits' here. :!!: Welcome to this forum!!

I was wondering if the whole Reddit thing was gonna bring people back towards classic message boards! Especially since I feel like Reddit is one of the things that led to their loss in popularity in the first place. I saw a few people on there mention that they missed the classic experience but we'll see how many of them actually follow through with leaving there. I was glad to find this place too.
Yes, I started wondering how many redditors would end up seeking small time message boards as they started flooding Tumblr during the blackout. Thinking about Tumblr's self-admitted lack of profitability, Twitter's past year of pure nonsense, and the Reddit thing brought to a head some thoughts I've been having about the sustainability of a site that is so large it can't exist without exploiting or annoying its users - made all the worse by a desire to not only exist, but to profit. And I think a lot of other people surely must also be noticing these trends and deciding there's an inherent problem with scale.

But I decided a lot of people are too addicted to the buzz of a huge, multi million active user site even if they wouldn't admit it.

Hi Torque!
I hope that you will find some 'kindred spirits' here. :!!: Welcome to this forum!!
Thanks @passenger!

Your search is over! We aren’t the most active forum on the internet (those forums that are so large that you feel like you’re lost in the crowd / shouting into the wind are for the birds anyway). But we do have a lot of cool people here!

:grouphug:

Your search is over! We aren’t the most active forum on the internet (those forums that are so large that you feel like you’re lost in the crowd / shouting into the wind are for the birds anyway). But we do have a lot of cool people here!

Yeah I reeeeally didn't want yet another void to shout into. Plenty of websites out there do that very well without even trying.

Also I am on the slow side replying and need threads that don't move 3 pages and generate 14 new inside jokes while I write my one post. :D

Yeah I think the activity levels here are perfect - enough to call it active, but not so much that you’re lost in a crowd and don’t know most regulars well

Admin here is also a member on RIf and decided to check his site and liked it and registered. Ty admin.

I found this site through the "Forum showcase and critiques" thread on the XenForo community forums. Basically, I was searching through different forum software sites for any showcases & promotions, since it's been a little difficult to find niche sites through any Google search queries.

Thought I had posted it on here at some point but perhaps not or it was from my earlier visit and got buried.

Thanks, and wow very active I just joined! But my account was rejected for spam 🤷‍♀️

Thanks, and wow very active I just joined! But my account was rejected for spam 🤷‍♀️
Hm. Not sure why. Rejected outright, too, didn't just kick you to the approval queue. Logged in with my admin account and validated your account so you should be able to login now.

I found a link to this forum on another forum (can we mention other forums by name, or is that advertising?). It looked like a fun forum, so I joined. :)

Im pretty sure it was through one of those promotion sites

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom