What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Can exercising worsen health?

ElegantAura

Off the wall
Elite Member

can too much exercise be bad for you?

Probably.
Like most anything else, it can become an obsession. :dontknow:

Excess body building leads to severe heart problems.

Sure. Overdoing anything can be harmful. Some forms of exercise can do damage so, really, the healthiest is probably gauging how much your body can take, setting your frequency and length accordingly, and having multiple options so you can vary things and spread the stresses on your body around. For instance, if your joints are getting hammered from running or jogging, then maybe alternate with biking or some kind of stationary exercise. Be sensible and listen to your body, in other words.

Generally if you keep a steady health routine. Its easier when you are younger but if you maintain your weight / health including diet, excercise it wont be as bad on you because your body is already used to it but consistancy is the key. With that said like the ones above mentioned over doing anything will lead to opposite effects. Again just depends on your body and how you take care of it over the long haul. when your younger teens - > twenties, you can get away with a bit more compared to late 30s 40s 50s etc can, obvisouly not set in stone but thats what i have noticed.

I think some people take it to the extreme however I do enough running around during the day the gym is not needed.

I think some people take it to the extreme however I do enough running around during the day the gym is not needed.
Yes, i agree I run 2 businesses and work a full time job and own a house, I stay busy enough

There’s some solid advice here. It’s true that balance is key. Pushing your limits is great, but knowing when to take a step back is just as important for long-term health.

Everyone here is spot on🏃‍♂️🏃‍♀️

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom