What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Worst/Most Boring book you ever read?

Randy

Aw, awww!
Thread Creator

OK, this MIGHT be fun(ny)!

NOTE: Just cause YOU think it's the Worst/Boring doesn't mean it's a bad book!

I'll start:

THE OLD MAN AND THE SEA by Ernie Hemingway

Couldn't WAIT for the old guy to get back on land!!!

Pass the dramamine!
icon_cry.gif

Freddy said:
OK, this MIGHT be fun(ny)!

NOTE: Just cause YOU think it's the Worst/Boring doesn't mean it's a bad book!

I'll start:

THE OLD MAN AND THE SEA by Ernie Hemingway

Couldn't WAIT for the old guy to get back on land!!!

Pass the dramamine!
icon_cry.gif

This... sounds familiar.

An American Tragedy by Theodore Dreiser....

If your English teacher ever assigns that book to read--just take the F. It will be less painful in the long run.

After spending 9 weeks reading that stupid thing, all I wanted to do was shoot myself in the foot.

Death of a Salesman. I just didn't really like it. Everything was obvious, no twists. It's a classic, but doesn't mean it's my type.

Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man by James Joyce. Some parts were good but most of it was boring.

Atonement. Mum says the most boring is The God Delusion. But then she also said she didnt understand a word of it
tongue.gif

I hated reading The Adventures of Tom Sawyer. My father's wife forced me to read it and it took me forever to finish it because I thought it was so boring.

Any William Shakespeare book or poem that I can’t understand.

Last edited:
It was a Nobel Prize winner, has been through multiple reprints, made into movies, and so on.

Buddenbrooks, by Thomas Mann, published in 1901.

It was assigned reading when I was in college, and we had to write a report on the damned thing.

I never made it through the first chapter. For the report, I turned to a random page somewhere in the back third of the book and went into manic detail about something or other that Mann was blathering on about in that peculiarly German style. I think I got a decent grade on it because I did pass the class.

it took me about 6 months to get past the first chapter of The Hobbit because I found it so boring. When I hit the second chapter I read the rest without stopping.

I honestly can't remember, I think any boring ones probably just don't stick in my memory like the good ones do.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom