What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Wilson

cute :p

And here I was thinking Tom Hank's volleyball
I saw that movie :) ; then there's the neighbor on the sit-com "Tool Time" "Home Improvement"; then there's Russel Wilson, the football player.

Aww how cute. I never really had much experience with being around armadillos.

Aww how cute. I never really had much experience with being around armadillos.
That thing is SOOO cute! I grew up for the most part in Texas & I never saw any armadillos close-up like this one. I only saw them either scurrying a road or highway in front of a vehicle or squashed in or beside the road. :(

what kind of animal is that?
That is an Armadillo!

mammal_nine-banded-armadillo_600x300.ashx

Approximately 20 species of armadillo exist, but the nine-banded is the only one found in the United States. The term “armadillo” means “little armored one” in Spanish, and refers to the presence of bony, armor-like plates covering their body. Despite their name, nine-banded armadillos can have 7 to 11 bands on their armor. A common misconception is that nine-banded armadillos can roll up into spherical balls. In reality, only two species of armadillo (both three-banded) are able to roll up completely. Nine-banded armadillos are about 2.5 feet (0.7 meters) long from the nose to the tip of the tail and weigh an average of 12 pounds (5 kilograms).

That is an Armadillo!

mammal_nine-banded-armadillo_600x300.ashx

Approximately 20 species of armadillo exist, but the nine-banded is the only one found in the United States. The term “armadillo” means “little armored one” in Spanish, and refers to the presence of bony, armor-like plates covering their body. Despite their name, nine-banded armadillos can have 7 to 11 bands on their armor. A common misconception is that nine-banded armadillos can roll up into spherical balls. In reality, only two species of armadillo (both three-banded) are able to roll up completely. Nine-banded armadillos are about 2.5 feet (0.7 meters) long from the nose to the tip of the tail and weigh an average of 12 pounds (5 kilograms).
gosh no wonder i never heard of them that their from united states, i only heard of armadillo from red dead redemption 1 game, but wilson is still cute :)

*please don't consider them as pets*....

Too bad.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom