What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Why doesn’t everybody enjoy reading?

Nebulous

Maintenance Man
Administrator
Founder

Why doesn’t everybody enjoy reading?

What can be done to help people change their minds?

Is it something you need to grow up with? instill reading from day 1?

Read Book Club GIF

Some people just don't learn from books, so reading for pleasure makes no sense for them. Some love books, and that's WONDERFUL! It does help to grow up reading, but some people are dyslexic, some have learning disorders, etc. and so reading is difficult if not impossible. Understandable in those cases to not like or enjoy reading.

Too many distractions, or too many distracting thoughts can make for a bad reading experience.
Also if you struggle with the words, you won't have a good reaction.
The most amazing reading experience is when you get completely absorbed. It's like waking up from a dream when you put the book down. Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens took me into the life of the main character, and the many descriptions of the fog and mist made me physically present there in the swamp.

I think it's because for many people consuming information by reading requires more effort than if they do it in another way, for example with audiovisual content, nowadays people prefer content that is quick and easy to digest, than reading a book.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom