What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Who do you blame?

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark

Aside from the things we're responsible for that go wrong in our lives, who is that one person you blame for causing you the most pain, humiliation, and disappointment in your life?

My parents for not letting me live my own life.

In the past, I used to discuss it frequently, though not in great detail, but I made a decision about a year ago to stop.
There's one person who has been negatively impacting my life, and unfortunately, the situation seems beyond repair.
What's even worse is that the issue persists

Aside from the things we're responsible for that go wrong in our lives, who is that one person you blame for causing you the most pain, humiliation, and disappointment in your life?
Maybe a part of me still blames him. My dad. Not so much the humiliation part but pain and disappointment. He is a man where he says a lot of words that do not reflect his actions which he really doesn't have any. I know from a young age I could never depend on him and I definitely know that. You get only one chance to do right by your kids and he has failed in that department.

My (ex) step dad. He can go rot in hell.

my mother

to this day, I don't understand how she could be so abusive to her daughter

she is definitely responsible for a lot of my physical issues- and the trauma memories, probably the body image issues as well.. though I

though I never liked the way I looked. she just made it worse

Me. I am a terrible person and I caused a lot of my own issues.

Well at least you admit it! 👍

I don't blame anybody for my issues per say, but I think it screwed me up a bit how my two brothers never had my back on anything and seemingly hated me for no reason at all other than that I had my own thoughts and opinions about life that they did not agree with. When they teamed up together to convince my father that I was no good with their lies that really hurt me. It took many years to repair my relationship with my father before he passed away but I'm glad that I got the opportunity to prove my character to him later in life. I will never really forgive my brothers for doing that to me though.

You are *NOT* a terrible person. Stop beating yourself up....STOP IT!...........:friends:

My mother...sick, twisted, self absorbed, selfish, racist, addicted to pills, fake Christian etc. Certifiably nuts...they actually locked her up in the funny farm for awhile but let her back out again. (they ought to have let her rot in there)

Last edited:
I don't blame anyone for anything. I am accountable for my own feelings and actions.

“Don’t blame, mu love makes me crazy, if it doesn’t you ain’t doin’ it alright”

My step dad. I would not shed a tear to learn he had been hit by a train, dismembered, and died a slow (or quick) death. I have had dreams where I've gone into the bedroom, taken one of his guns, and put a pillow over his face and pulled the trigger. OBVIOUSLY I have not and will not do that. My mom has been divorced from him for a little while now and murder is illegal, but he deserves it. I can only hope he develops some awful illness and suffers, but I haven't talked to the rat bastard for at least 7-8 years and I'd like to never speak to him again.

i'll try to explain the best way i can. i don't really like playing the blame game anymore, but my parents had absolutely no business having a kid, they were very unfit and deranged. 💀 for the sake of the discussion though, i generally just blame myself now as an adult, for anything bad that happens as my mentality and perspective needs some work. i don't believe things may be entirely my fault but i know i play a part in my downfall most times. i have some trouble with not ignoring red flags in people, and being too nice and understanding especially when the same kindness is not extended to me, or when i don't have the best reaction to a situation thus causing the Domino effect.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom