What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Which is Worse, Failing or Never Trying?

You’ll never know unless you try. You can live with trying and failing but not trying is where regret stems from. I’d also group giving up too soon with never trying.

Which one is worse? Failing or Never Trying?
Never trying! :)

Failing at something is part of your life, teaches you and makes you better, you'll lose much more than you'll win, but only winning matters! :p

Humanity will never progress if you don't try, failing is part of life.

Never trying, otherwise how else are you going to know if it'll work out or not? You don't make progress without trying, think about all the times you were nervous to do something differently and how it made your life better. You just never know, when a opportunity comes along that sounds good, take up that offer and try!

Never Trying is worse, because then you don't know if you could have done it or not.

Never trying is worse. You'll always relive that memory in your head for years to come. All the "What if's?" that could have been answered, if you only just TRIED. If only you did the one thing that's expected of you while we live on this little rock in space. Experience life. Just BE. And, the worst case, if you DO try, and do fail.... well, at least you've got a story, a memory that you can share with other people, and quite possibly, a piece of advice!

Never trying definitely. If you fail, even if you never master the skill in question, at least you have given it a fair go.

Never trying. As much as I dislike to fail, I'd be stunting my growth as a human being, and that's not wise.

Of course, it's never trying for me; failing is part of our lives. It's better to have tried and failed than never tried. You can rest easy knowing that you gave it a go and will have no regrets or what-if thoughts later in life.

Depends on the consequences of failure.

If the consequences are a bruised ego - then never trying is worse.
If the consequences are death or serious injury - then, failing is worse. (For example: I have never tried playing chicken with trains, and I think never trying that is far preferable to failing!!!)

Both can be bad

You can't succeed if you're afraid to fail. I fail, constantly, but sometimes, because of those failures, I manage to succeed at some things. I'd rather fail than not try.

I suppose never trying but I do come down hard at myself when I fail at something. Makes me want to keep trying.

I would say never trying is worse than failing. If you never tried how can you say you will fail? Even if you fail, you can at least say that you tried.

Not trying and believing you would fail if you did but not knowing is the worst.

Never trying is worse, because you never know if whatever youre trying to accomplish might become successful.

Never trying is worth. If you fail at least you can say you tried.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom