What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

When The Lightning Strikes

Flurry

Crisis Management
Elite Member
Retired Moderator

This for the time being is a one shot I recently had the chance to finish based on the 2014 Flash tv series. This also for those interested, took me five pages to finish according to the writing program I use. Anywho... Enjoy!

It had been a week since Ronnie and Professor Stein had left Central City and while Caitlin wasn't entirely crushed over his leaving, she still wasn't too happy over it. But she understood his reasons for leaving and hoped it wouldn't be too long before he came back. Though after an encounter with Iris, she was feeling a slight sense of suspicion towards the girl and had meant to talk to Barry about it. But had yet to do so due to a variety of things that went on. But she figured that conversation would happen sooner or later. Of course what she even expected him to do was a bit beyond her, but she hoped today would give her the chance to talk to him about it. That's if her speedy friend didn't decide to accept a challenge made to him recently over the air waves. And it had all began last night when the apptly named Reverse Flash appeared on a live broadcast and challenged Barry to a fight in front of City Hall at 3PM. Which led to a spoiled evening for Barry who had been on a date with Linda at the time.

Course if Linda had known Barry is also the Flash, she would have done even more to get him not to accept the challenge for fear of his life after she had learned why he wasn't happy over the broadcast. Sure the two hadn't been together long, but she was really starting to care for him despite that. Although she had this impression from Iris that the girl wasn't particularly happy about their relationship despite how she claimed otherwise. But hey, as far as Linda was concerned. It was a case of snooze you loose. She hoped though that her and the girl could be friends however. She then glanced at a nearby clock and realized it was close to three. And hoped that Barry would keep his word to her and just let the Flash or the police handle the yellow speedster.

Meanwhile over at City Hall, SWAT teams were finishing up preparations to bring down the yellow menace that had challenged the red speedster to a fight here. Both Detective Thawne and Detective West were there too alongside Eddie's taskforce. Eddie had been praying to whoever would listen that there would be little to no life lost here today. And while he still wanted to catch the Flash, the man in yellow presented more of a danger at the moment then he did and was more of a priority for the time being. Several news crews were there too, along with news choppers ready in the wings just in case the fight went elsewhere. And then right before their very eyes, the man in yellow appeared before them.

The Reverse Flash looked at his surroundings with a small smirk on his face. Happy that the news media were in attendance as he wished to have his victory be seen by many as possible. “Hmmph... I see the Little Flash has yet to appear. Perhaps he chose the coward's way out? And to all you officers of the Law, I warn you now. Should you choose to interfere at any point, I will NOT hesitate to end your life.” He called out forbodingly, daring any to challenge him.

To his disaapointment however, none did rise up to the bait as at that moment the Flash appeared a short distance from him. Who had spent a large part of the day being pretty much begged by the entire STAR Labs team along side Nebulous to not do it. Even his own father didn't want him doing this if it meant his own life. But he couldn't ignore it cause who knew what the other man would do if he didn't show up? The scenarios in his head weren't pretty at all. Even Felicity when she learned of what was going on had tried talking out of it. Or to at least wait until back up could get there to help him out. His response to her had been to merely go ahead and send the help, but he wasn't about to wait for them. Felicity hadn't been happy about it and promised to raise Hell the next time she saw him. And it was something he could live with. That is if he managed to make it through this day.

He vibrated his voice to make sure no one knew who he really was. “Alright, I'm here now. And I promise you, I am going to take you down this time.” He wasn't sure how, but he damn well planned to do it.

Reverse Flash merely smirked at him before replying. “We shall see Little Flash, we shall see.”

And with that, he sped at Barry aiming to knock him off his feet. Barry's eyes widened in surprise before ducking out of the way and making to make a hit of his own on the other man. But his opponent quickly dodged and managed to land a blow to the side of Barry's face. Causing him to stagger back a bit. Quickly shaking it off he went in for another attack. And soon the two were trading blows at high speeds. Almost like something you'd see in an anime even too. The man in yellow however managed to slam Barry on to the top of a car. Making him yell out in pain before rolling off the car. “I am thus far not impressed Little Flash. You are going to have to do better if you wish to beat me.” He called out tauntingly.

This only served to anger Barry and in a flash managed with a lot of luck on his side this time to land a hit to his opponent's stomach. Causing him to double over. Seeing his opportunity, Barry quickly gave him an uppercut which sent him to the ground. But unfortunately it wasn't enough as he could hear sinister chuckling coming from the man. “Nice try, but you'll have to do better than that I'm afraid.”

Many in the city had stopped what they were doing to watch this fight happen. And quite a few were clearly in the Flash's corner too. Doing all sorts of chants for him to be the victor in this. However, Detective West was ready to step in and give the yellow clad family destroyer a piece of his ever lovin' mind. But knew it would be an extremely bad idea. He had to wince though when Barry got slammed again into another vehicle, but this time it was on the side of it. “Come on son, you can do this. If not for yourself, then for your mother.” He muttered to himself, but Eddie being nearby was able to hear it. And started to feel a slight sense of dread since his partner seemed to know the Flash so well.

Barry went in for another strike against the yellow speedster, but was instead sent careening into a particularly big window of a building nearby thanks to being tripped. Grabbing a wooden chair that was near, he rushed back and slammed it onto the Reverse Flash. However to his disappointment, he blocked it with his arm. But he had a feeling it still hurt like hell. “Hah, nice try Little Flash. But it still won't be enough.” He gave what looked to be a grin at Barry, but there was nothing jovial about it.

“Let's see if you can catch me.” And with that, he sped off causing Barry to groan in annoyance and soon chased after him.

This got the various news choppers going as they hoped to find them. Back at the news station where Iris and Linda were, Iris could be seen with a scared look in her eyes for her speedy friend. Hands holding one another tightly in front of her chest as she gave a silent prayer for him to make it through this. Wondering why her boss had yet to get her out the door and to the action. But the man himself had chosen her safety over the story. Perhaps once the fight was over maybe, but not right now. And he'd make sure to mention that later.

As the Reverse Flash neared a construction site, he stopped in front of it and waited for Barry to show up. Which was not long fortunately. Having a little smirk at the idea he got, he speedily side stepped Barry and brought out his foot again for him to trip on. Barry's high speed caused him to go careening yet again into pipes and other material that was there. Making for a lot of loud banging noises and unknowingly at the time causing his mask to tear up. The man in yellow quickly grabbed a pipe and swung it like one might a bat. Ready to gave his opponent a good whacking with it. Barry groaned as he tried to get all the construction material off of him and painfully rose to his feet. Glaring at the man who killed his mother, he noticed the pipe in his hands and grabbed one close to him and sped at the man. A loud clanging could be heard as the two pipes connected.

Barry's uniform could be seen with several tears in it as well after the fall he'd had. The two sped everywhere in the construction zone making loud clanging noises as they crossed pipes time and time again. A news chopper soon made it there to broadcast their fight. While the Reverse Flash had been hurt a few times, the damage he had done to Barry was still greater. And Barry's resolve to get more hits in grew stronger. Not to mention the fact he was getting angrier by the minute too. “Why. Can't. You. Just. Stand. There. AND TAKE IT LIKE A MAN!!” He roared out angrily, and successfully getting the yellow speedster in his face.

The attack caused him to stagger back a bit with a cry of pain. The yellow man was honestly surprised by it, but didn't let it show. Barry's anger was good for him as far as he was concerned. As it meant he'd give in to desperation in his quest to beat him. The chance for mistakes was a good likelyhood as well for him to exploit. “Yesssss... Use that anger Little Flash. Use it, and hurt me. If you can.” Knowing his goading would likely help out quite a bit.

With a yell of rage, Barry went in for another attack that was aimed for the midsection with his pipe. But instead of just standing there, the Reverse Flash moved a bit to grab on to the end of the pipe Barry had and used the momentum to swing Barry into a wooden wall support. The wood managed to tear off his mask fully and graze him pretty badly. Getting back up with a groan, he staggered out of where he was. Blood could be seen coming down the side of his face. But the anger and determination could be seen plain as day in his eyes. As Barry had stopped caring to hide his face now, determined to use all his speed to beat the man who murdered his mother.

Unknown to Barry however, Nebulous and the others had been making their way to wherever they were. Eddie and the others not in the know soon got one heck of a shock when someone on the radio let out a surprise at who the Flash really was. Eddie looked over at Nebulous with that sense of dread now worse than before. “You knew, didn't you?”

Nebulous looked over at his partner briefly before putting his eyes back on the road. “Yeah, I've known awhile now.” He muttered softly in response, worried as Hell about his surrogate son.

“Damn...” Was all Eddie could say.

As for Linda and Iris however, only Linda was taking it slightly more better then what Iris was. As the girl had fallen into a nearby chair and could be seen staring in horror at what she had just learned with tears coming down her face. Despite only taking it slightly better, Linda was still in a hell of a lot of shock at seeing her boyfriend taking on his mom's killer. And was pretty close to tears herself as her hands had covered her mouth. “And he still went... Even after he promised me he wouldn't.” She softly said, causing Iris to stare at her while ignoring the sympathetic looks they were getting from everyone.

“You knew?” Came her disbelieving question. How could she know but not her!?

Linda looked over at her. “About his more speedy side? No, but I was with him last night when that guy got on the airwaves. Trust me, had I known about this. I would have hit him over the head and tied him down to keep him from leaving.” Ohh her man was getting hit hard for this. And would eat the most spiciest damn thing in existence before she would finally forgive him for not keeping his promise.

Iris didn't have anything to say to that. Plus the idea of her tying down Barry for any reason really didn't sit too well with her for one reason or another.

As for Barry and the Reverse Flash, the two had lost their pipes as both had stolen the other's and were now trading vicious punches with one another as they sped through the city. News choppers above trying desperately to keep up. And before long, the two were in a residential area. And had Barry been paying more attention he would have realized just where exactly the area was too. Throwing Barry into a parked vehicle, he gave another smirk as he noticed a certain house they were right in front of. “Well well Little Flash, it seem as though Destiny has decided our course to be here. Fitting perhaps I suppose, as its time we end this.” Oh he had such a delicious idea as to how and end it too! It would be unlikely to kill him, but the utter embarrassing humilation the boy would have would be well worth it.

Barry painfully stood up, gasping for air as he was hurting all over. He so wanted to try a damn Mach 1 punch on the jerk, but didn't think life would make it that easy for him. It was then that he realized where they were after the other man's words had been spoken. “You call it destiny, I call it a crutch for you to lean on to justify your actions!” For all the things Barry Allen believed in, destiny just wasn't one of them.

“Hah! Not a believer then are we? I suppose we'll just have to make you one then Little Flash. It was destiny then when I took her life, it was destiny when you weren't able to beat me in our last encounters. And it WILL be destiny yet again that will be favorable for me!” Any response he got was met with one of the hardest punches he'd gotten in some time to his jaw.

“TO HELL WITH YOUR DESTINY!” Barry roared out at him, determined to once and for all to bring this man to justice.

Unknown to the two however, a STAR Labs van had shown up with two very eager guests on the inside who wanted to get in on the action.

The two speedsters began to viciously trade blows yet again until the yellow speedster managed to get a good grip on Barry and chucked him into one of the windows of his former house. Causing part of the wall to be destroyed. The lady of the house who'd been living there looked on in shock before screaming and getting out of there as quick as she was able too. Leaving the front door open in her wake.

A loud yell could be heard coming inside the house from Barry, and deciding to not wait any longer. The man in yellow sped inside and the two traded more blows. Barry fought as hard as he could, even managing to shove his opponent's head pretty hard into walls and various furniture. Especially if it had glass in it. However, his mother's killer landed a good solid blow to his spine with an elbow. Forcing him to his hands and knees in the process. The Reverse Flash sped out of the house afterwards and very quickly went around it in circles. What he was doing was anyone's guess but it couldn't be any good.

Come on Barry, you can do this! You have to do this! He thought to himself, hoping the self encouragement would help out in someway.

As he forced himself to stand up, his back made an audible popping noise and he grimaced from the pain he felt. He rushed back towards the living room and the window he had been thrown into. Seeing the man who haunted him for a good portion of his life standing with his arms crossed in front of him like he had just gained the victory made his blood boil. And making to run at him, he wound up staggering instead as his speed seemed to finally give out. What!? No! Not now! He thought despondently.

However, as he tried to run again. But this time at a more normal pace, the only part of him that managed to make it out of the house was his hand. As the earlier work of the Reverse Flash made itself known as the house Barry once lived in crashed in all around him. Burying him in all its constructed glory.

The man in yellow began to laugh at that. The sight of it had causing many, including Iris and Linda to cry out in shock at seeing Barry be buried like that. Iris soon took off, with Linda following closely behind to get to Barry.

“Destiny it seems, rewards me yet again Little Flash. Perhaps the next time we meet you will be luckier.” Laughing darkly, he made to speed off to celebrate his victory when all of a sudden he was struck in the face.

Forcing him yet again to stagger away. He quickly looked to see who his attacker was. Though the police were beginning to arrive, it was clearly not them. It was then that he noticed a man of metal. Girder as he became known as. Staring at him with rage clearly seen in his features. “For your sakes asshole, Allen had damn well better be alive under all that crap.” Girder told him, rage clearly heard in his voice.

“Oh, and what will you do little metal man?” Was his taunting reply to the little fool. But he would show the meddler his just due.

It was then that an arrow embedded itself into the ground near his yellow booted feet, looking at it in confusion. He started to bend down to grab it, but was soon blown several feet away and on to his back. He then heard a voice call out. “Well, I don't know about him. But I'll sure as hell do something.”

Getting to his feet and feeling the burns of the blast. He looked at the one responsible with a glare clearly seen in his eyes. Noticing the one responsible wearing red and wielding a bow with an arrow ready to be fired at him. “Damned meddlers! Not your place to interfere! But no matter you fools, I have gained the victory this time as destiny has made it so. But have no fear, I will be back. And you won't like it when I do.” He warned the two as menacingly as possible before speeding off to heal and recover.

Girder and Arsenal looked at one another in relief as they weren't quite sure if they would have been able to win that one before rushing off to get Barry out of the rubble. With Nebulous, Eddie, and others soon joining in. What happens now was anyone's guess.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom