What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

What’s your favorite board game?

You guys call it Parcheesi, if I'm not mistaken. Your boards are slightly different, but the concept is the same.
I've heard of that but I never played that game either. :shrug:

I've heard of that but I never played that game either. :shrug:

Gameplay​

Each player rolls a die; the highest roller begins the game. Players alternate turns in a clockwise direction. To enter a token into play from its yard to its starting square, a player must roll a six. Players can draw a token from home every time they get a six unless home is empty or move a piece six times. The start box has two own tokens (is doubled). If the player has no tokens yet in play and rolls other than a six, the turn passes to the next player.

Players must always move a token according to the die value rolled. Once players have one or more tokens in play, they select a token and move it forwards along the track the number of squares indicated by the die. If an opponent's token is blocking the pathway, the player must land on the same space as the token to capture it. Players cannot move past that token. Passes are not allowed; if no move is possible, the turn moves to the next player.

If the player cannot draw a token from home, rolling a six earns the player an additional or "bonus" roll in that turn. If the bonus roll results in a six again, the player earns again an additional bonus roll.[e] If the third roll is also a six, the player may not move and the turn immediately passes to the next player.

If the advance of a token ends on a square occupied by an opponent's token, the opponent token is returned to its owner's yard. The returned token can be re-entered into play only when the owner rolls a six. If a piece lands on the same space as another piece of the same colour, the pieces are doubled and form a "block".[6] If the advance of a block ends on an opponent’s block, the latter is captured and returned to its owner’s yard, collectively.

A player's home column squares are always safe, since no opponent may enter them. In the home column, a player cannot jump over; after one rotation is completed, the player must enter the home and roll the exact number needed to get each token onto the home triangle.

Gameplay​

Each player rolls a die; the highest roller begins the game. Players alternate turns in a clockwise direction. To enter a token into play from its yard to its starting square, a player must roll a six.[7][8] Players can draw a token from home every time they get a six unless home is empty or move a piece six times. The start box has two own tokens (is doubled). If the player has no tokens yet in play and rolls other than a six, the turn passes to the next player.

Players must always move a token according to the die value rolled. Once players have one or more tokens in play, they select a token and move it forwards along the track the number of squares indicated by the die. If an opponent's token is blocking the pathway,[clarification needed] the player must land on the same space as the token to capture it. Players cannot move past that token. Passes are not allowed; if no move is possible, the turn moves to the next player.

If the player cannot draw a token from home, rolling a six earns the player an additional or "bonus" roll in that turn. If the bonus roll results in a six again, the player earns again an additional bonus roll.[e] If the third roll is also a six, the player may not move and the turn immediately passes to the next player.

If the advance of a token ends on a square occupied by an opponent's token, the opponent token is returned to its owner's yard. The returned token can be re-entered into play only when the owner rolls a six. If a piece lands on the same space as another piece of the same colour, the pieces are doubled and form a "block".[6] If the advance of a block ends on an opponent’s block, the latter is captured and returned to its owner’s yard, collectively.[9][10]

A player's home column squares are always safe, since no opponent may enter them. In the home column, a player cannot jump over; after one rotation is completed, the player must enter the home and roll the exact number needed to get each token onto the home triangle.
Sounds interesting. Thanks for taking the time to google that for me :hug:

Do you and your husband play board games often?

Sounds interesting. Thanks for taking the time to google that for me :hug:

Do you and your husband play board games often?
That's OK; you lean something new everyday. :hug:

We like to play now and then; on a rainy day when there is nothing but crap on the TV and we can't go out. :LOL:

That's OK; you lean something new everyday. :hug:

We like to play now and then; on a rainy day when there is nothing but crap on the TV and we can't go out. :LOL:

I set up a monopoly to play with @tonychu but it just sat there on the kitchen table for a week or two and we never played it. I just put it away eventually :p

I set up a monopoly to play with @tonychu but it just sat there on the kitchen table for a week or two and we never played it. I just put it away eventually :p
Oh Monopoly is the bane of my life; that damn game can go on for days! :LOL:

Yes! Weeks even. :faint:
Oh I can believe that; people walk away from it and forget about it; been there, done that. :LOL: Then the pieces go missing and things get knocked over, stepped on or kicked across the room if played on the floor. :rolleyes:

Oh I can believe that; people walk away from it and forget about it; been there, done that. :LOL: Then the pieces go missing and things get knocked over, stepped on or kicked across the room if played on the floor. :rolleyes:
I hate when you're at the part of the game when there is absolutely no hope for one of the players and you just keep going through the motions until they have no options left.

I hate when you're at the part of the game when there is absolutely no hope for one of the players and you just keep going through the motions until they have no options left.
Or until they're skint, but refuse to give it up; that's my other half. He's like a dog with a bone, he won't give up that easily. :LOL:

Or until they're skint, but refuse to give it up; that's my other half. He's like a dog with a bone, he won't give up that easily. :LOL:
Lol, sometimes when I was at the point where I couldn't make a come back I'd just forfeit. Why sit there for another hour waiting for the person with more money and almost all the properties crush you into oblivion ?

Last edited:
Lol, sometimes when I was at the point where I couldn't make a come back I'd just forfeit. Why sit there for another hour waiting for the person with more money and almost all the properties crush you into obviation?
I have no idea. My husband is as stubborn as a mule sometimes. :LOL:

I never was good at that game. And I like it, but rarely play it since its so long. Despite me owning two version of the game (Sailor Moon and My Little Pony).

I never was good at that game. And I like it, but rarely play it since its so long. Despite me owning two version of the game (Sailor Moon and My Little Pony).
I never played the alternate versions of monoploy, just the classic version. I want the Rick and Morty version :D

I would probably say that my favourite board game would be chess. I did a forum search to see if there were any threads here on it even. Hahaha was surprised to see an old one with a former member challenging me to a game. I wonder if I won.

I do also enjoy monopoly and the different themes for it are a temptation I have resisted since I know I won't ever get the chance to use it. I do have a drinking set of chess though. I should challenge a friend to a game. :LOL: :LOL:

We have The Lord of the Rings Risk and it is pretty fun trying to concur all of Middle-earth. So basically, I'd say Risk is my favorite board game. I'd like to own the Game of Thrones Risk one day, but as of now, it seems to be pretty expensive.

I would probably say that my favourite board game would be chess. I did a forum search to see if there were any threads here on it even. Hahaha was surprised to see an old one with a former member challenging me to a game. I wonder if I won.

I do also enjoy monopoly and the different themes for it are a temptation I have resisted since I know I won't ever get the chance to use it. I do have a drinking set of chess though. I should challenge a friend to a game. :LOL: :LOL:
Found it :D https://offtopix.com/threads/chess.16609/
We have The Lord of the Rings Risk and it is pretty fun trying to concur all of Middle-earth. So basically, I'd say Risk is my favorite board game. I'd like to own the Game of Thrones Risk one day, but as of now, it seems to be pretty expensive.
How much is it?
:) Hope to get it. We have a few other things we've both been wanting. hehe
What are you wanting to get?

What are you wanting to get?
I'd like to get a 5TB USB 3.0 self powered external HDD. $109 right now. And a nice Sound Blaster sound card since I'm using internal audio. :( hehe And a few small things!

Backgammon.

I have played games since I was a kid. I love board & card games so they will be intermingled here lol
We play a variety with my parents. Uno, Set-Back, Dominoes. For board games, Aggravation, Upwords. We have the alternative version of Monopoly called Go For Broke. Anybody play that? I still have the old game from when I was a kid! I actually think it was more fun than Monopoly!

Fave board game is Scattergories.

Don't think I've played that one before :ponder:
Dude, it's an awesome game and there was a short-lived game show based on the board game in 1993 too.

If you read the rules, it's very simple. :)

Survive! Escape from Atlantis 30th Anniversary Edition (with expansion pack)

Secret Hilter (great party game but you need people who get a bit animated). Best with 6-10 players

Catan - Like Monopoly only better in my opinion

Monopoly City is the best version of Monopoly in my opinion. You get to put sewage plants on other people's property to devalue them. Or you get to build schools on yours to improve your property value and such.

King of Tokyo - Fairly easy to learn and shorter game. Good for a quick 4 player type game that doesnt' overpower your brain.

Everdell - Beautiful game artwork. Cute creatures

We are very much a "board game" family. It's literally what we do every time we get together.

You get to put sewage plants on other people's property to devalue them. Or you get to build schools on yours to improve your property value and such.
:haha:

Secret Hilter (great party game but you need people who get a bit animated). Best with 6-10 players

Monopoly City is the best version of Monopoly in my opinion. You get to put sewage plants on other people's property to devalue them. Or you get to build schools on yours to improve your property value and such.

King of Tokyo - Fairly easy to learn and shorter game. Good for a quick 4 player type game that doesnt' overpower your brain.

We are very much a "board game" family. It's literally what we do every time we get together.

Never heard of that one!

I have never heard of most of those! :( They all sound really fun. I sadly see that the all-engulfing fascination with computers & internet has done away with the use of even simple cribbage boards & cards & jigsaw puzzles here.
Progress, I reckon. :rolleyes:

I also really like (Deluxe) Scrabble! One of m y favorite games. My g/f and I enjoy playing the "naughty" version, where sexual/vulgar words allowed. LOL

Not sure if that's an official thing, but we like it!

Trivial Pursuit, Payday, or Scrabble. My sister and I like to play our own version of Scrabble where we can make up words, as long as we provide a definition for them.

Backgammon i think the best game also Go :p

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom