What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

What's your favorite antivirus?

Heatman

Dedicated Member

What are your thoughts on using antivirus software? Do you think they are worth using or they are just cosmetics? Have your computer been attack because you never had any antivirus software? I have been using AVAST for years, it's been completely reliable for me.

I don't have one

in my time I have used norton and AVG, and honestly I can't say I noticed much of a difference between the two

I use Avast. It does the job but it always notifies me with BS and annoys me. :p

I think Google Chromebooks may have strong enough protection where I feel like I don't need one, especially considering I rarely, if ever, visit suspicious sites. I mainly visit the same sites over and over again, mostly being message boards.

I think Google Chromebooks may have strong enough protection where I feel like I don't need one, especially considering I rarely, if ever, visit suspicious sites. I mainly visit the same sites over and over again, mostly being message boards.

Surfing the net without a condom? You're crazy! :D
.....just kidding. :p

I use Bitdefender premium and the same for VPN, I've never had an issue with them. :)

I use Bitdefender premium and the same for VPN, I've never had an issue with them. :)
$50 for the first year, thats $4.17 a month. Pretty cheap. Do you pay full price now?

I use Microsoft Defender.

What are your thoughts on using antivirus software? Do you think they are worth using or they are just cosmetics? Have your computer been attack because you never had any antivirus software? I have been using AVAST for years, it's been completely reliable for me.
They're good to use; as long as its not Kaspersky, I'll use any of the good ones.

They're good to use; as long as its not Kaspersky, I'll use any of the good ones.

I got a 6 month subscription to that one when I bought something from Best Buy, never activated it.

Windows Defender. It’s free and does the job. I don’t like MCFee due the founder and what he did. There is an entire documentary about it,

Aside from Windows Defender, I have Malwarebytes. This is the only program that I run scans with. It's, in my opinion, the best one out there. There are many reviews by experts to support that statement. I use the free version, although I might consider upgrading to the premium one.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom