What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

What Type of Traveler Are You?

ElegantAura

Off the wall
Elite Member

There are many types
The adventure, Foodie, Party Animal, Cultural and many more so what type of traveler are you?

I used to be an enthusiastic traveler. It didn't take a lot of persuasion at all to get me to drive halfway across the country, or even board a plane and fly on short notice. I spent six hours in an uncomfortable seat on a jet to attend a meeting I didn't want to go to in the first place, because I told the boss I'd like to hear the contractor's fresh lies about their new software system. She took me up on it and they paid for the ticket and the hotel.

Let's just say the questions I asked the contractor's sales bunny and tech guy made them squirm in front of dozens of other customers.

I didn't spent five years as a software beta-tester, including testing to failure, for nothing. Some of their explanations were BS, and I pointed it out in the meeting. They ended up admitting that the next generation of the ticket tracking software would be buggy at release but they'd live patch anything that came up.

Wonderful. No?

Now. I would say I am a reluctant traveler. I will even turn down a free meal if it means driving more than about fifteen minutes to go get it.

Because it takes time to travel.
Cracking Up Lol GIF by MOODMAN

I'm a wanderer. I tend to just go from place to place. Leaving where I've been better than I found them and fixing stuff along the way... :p

I like to make plans, buy stuff ahead of time and have a whole itinerary. Sometimes that bites you because you get tired and just are going through the motions trying to get through everything on your list.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom