What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

What do you use besides adobe products?

dotgician

New to Off Topix

I can not stand monthly subscription, on top of that expensive subscription specially if you’re using it as a hobby.

I dropped all adobe products and went to affinity honestly have never looked back! Their designers is pretty much spot on for anything you can with illustrator.

What’s your alternative?

I use Gimp for photo editing.

If I need the Microsoft Office suite I'll hop on a work computer they have it there. Otherwise I just have the preinstalled Wordpad and Notepad on my computer.

I use Adobe Photoshop on my PC for most of my gfx.. I am still foggy on how I made my previous stuff, including my sig.. but I have used it to fix other pics that I have taken.. BlackBeard ain't got nothing on me.. lol (IYKYK)

I use Samsung Photo Editor on my tablet, it is so AWESOME at color correction.. I ended up using it to see if I could fix my photos from my trip to Niagara Falls, in which every one of my pictures had this really bad blue tint on them.. I mean, you would think that I had my camera wrapped in blue cellophane when I took the pics.. all I had to was open the pic in Samsung Photo Editor, and changed one setting and then saved it and the pic came out perfect.

I use Irfanview on my PC when dealing with images in batches.. for instance, whenever I take pics, be it with my phone, or my camera, always shoot high res, or as high as I possibly can without dominating the space on my SD cards.. and that always makes for excellent pics, however, when I need to resize them, be it for uploads or sharing with my family, then high res won't fit the bill, and since I am not going to try to resize them one by one in Photoshop, as it would take too long, this is where Irfanview comes in handy and it does its job very well.

I use MS Paint to edit screenshots that I have taken on my PC..

If I am editing a pic, or making a combined image then I will use Pixlr on my tablet.. it is like Photoshop in a way, but I use it for making collages of pics that I share with my family.. for instance, I once put a side by side image of me and my brother when we were babies, and about the same age, to show my siblings how much we looked alike as babies, and then I greyscaled the same pic and sent it to our Dad on Father's Day and it is better than a lot of the collage apps out there now..

Photobucket, used to have Pixlr as their web-based image editing tool, and it was awesome to use on the site, but when they did their site revamp, it was removed, and then replaced with some buggy program that couldn't hold a candle to Pixlr.. so I decided to see if they had a mobile app, and they did, and I haven't looked back since..

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom