What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Washed my TV remote and it still works!

Nebulous

Maintenance Man
Administrator
Founder

So I accidentally washed my roku TV remote for the TV in my bedroom. When I was gathering up the sheets off my bed I guess it was in there. Didn't find the remote until I was putting laundry in the dryer. I let it sit a few days and dry out. I go to use it and it wasn't working. I thought maybe if I change the batteries it will work, and it does!

nice wow wow wee wow GIF

That's cool that it still works, but doesn't Roku TV have a smartphone app you can use as a remote in case it doesn't work?

That's cool that it still works, but doesn't Roku TV have a smartphone app you can use as a remote in case it doesn't work?

yeah, but no volume or tv on/off control.

wow, that's seriously cool.

I'm not about to try it though. lol. I've all ready lost my dvd player (hopefully getting a new one tomorrow), I don't want to also lose my tv

That is awesome. Going through a washing machine it would have for sure been submerged in water so it is amazing it survived!

I do like how most such as Fire TV and also Roku have an app for a remote control so if anything happens, you can still access it and use it.

Some of them are water resistant by design. But washing and still works is kind of huge luck.

Okay, that's funny! We have a roku remote too and I'm glad to know it's very sturdy! LOL

Not sure how most of my TV remotes still work, spilled wine, coffee, and various other
often end up on the floor while I'm falling asleep and so on. Either they are durable, or I am darn lucky. :eek:
but i never washed :LOL:

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom