What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Vienna Sausages

Nebulous

Maintenance Man
Administrator
Founder

Do you like them?

Those little sausages that come in a can.. My daughter loves them. I think they are just a weird tasting mini hot dog,.

gag no......

My kids used to love them when they were little-won't eat them now at all.

Hubby likes them for camping food..... *shudder* I think they're gross.

Princess said:
gag no......

My kids used to love them when they were little-won't eat them now at all.

Hubby likes them for camping food..... *shudder* I think they're gross.

Indeed. Just like spaghettios
ew.gif

I think they are the sort that you can get in with baked beans, at least over here. My dad likes em!
biggrin.gif

Loved those when I was a kid & didn't know any better. :p

I've never tried canned ones.
Never bothered. $5.70 for a 400g can? No way. Probably tastes awful, not worth it. :LOL:

I've never tried canned ones.
Never bothered. $5.70 for a 400g can? No way. Probably tastes awful, not worth it. :LOL:
Good grief! maybe they have become a delicacy. o_O They were dirt cheap when we were kids.......that's why the grown-ups fed them to us.

Wonder if that's why Caviar has become a delicacy.

They are a shelf stable protein source in an easy open can that does not require any preparation or cooking.

So I make sure I have some in our own pantry, and rotate them through every once in awhile,

AND,

about every other week, I hit one of our nearby dollar stores and buy several cans of them, and similar things, to put in the emergency food assistance pantry down at the church.... where they all seem to mysteriously vanish every week.

Our church pantry is frequented by several locals who are: elderly, disabled, homeless, mentally 'challenged', veterans, etc.

They don't turn their noses up at a free can of Vienna sausages and a package of "pop-tarts".

Do you like them?

Those little sausages that come in a can.. My daughter loves them. I think they are just a weird tasting mini hot dog,.
Happy Daniel Bryan GIF by WWE

Good grief! maybe they have become a delicacy. o_O They were dirt cheap when we were kids.......that's why the grown-ups fed them to us.

Wonder if that's why Caviar has become a delicacy.
I forgot to mention it was in AUD :oops: I think it will be cheaper where you are.

The good thing with canned items is that they last a long time. Not saying it will be completely bad, probably as bad as most other canned food,:p but I would prefer to get canned sardines rather than something like that, as I didn't grow up with this type of food.
We never had this when I was young, and buying this now at this price when other canned goods are cheaper a little weird for me

Oh, and caviar tasty :eat:

When I first got my pups I had a bunch of vienna sausages and fed them a can a day but it started giving them diarrhea so I just threw the rest away.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom