What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Upgraded to XenForo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just thought to look on Off Topix to see what happened and I like the change. :)

I can't stress enough how awesome this place looks. Love the alert system more than anything!

I'm not one to complain especially since it's not my time nor my money trying to please all.

Welcome back Off Topix! Why did you guys upgraded? I love forums with phpBB/Mybb. Anyways love you kept the original style and format. :)

Welcome back Off Topix! Why did you guys upgraded?

Why? ...better quality software and a bunch of cool new features. :!:

love you kept the original style and format. :)
Thanks I tired to keep the same style, but we also have a bunch of new ones too! :party:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, I mentioned in the first post that "Off Topix Bucks, Awards (now known as trophies) and smilies/emoticons are currently under construction." ... UPDATE: All of those things are fully restored and back to normal. :)

This is definitely good news Nebulous! I am really happy about the transition. This has honestly been the turning point in why I finally decided to become a member (have visited your website back to back time and time again over the years to check in on the progress). Glad to be a part of community finally!

Thanks @Art

why I finally decided to become a member

Seems the switch has attracted a few new people. :)

I didn't know that us being on MyBB was such a turn off to potential members. :p

I am not a Xenforo fan at all BUT I do like that this site has a unique look to it and is fun looking.It's not bad at all.

Good work :)
(Still wished you'd have gone IPB lol)

I am not a Xenforo fan at all BUT I do like that this site has a unique look to it and is fun looking.It's not bad at all.

Good work :)
(Still wished you'd have gone IPB lol)
What does IPB stand for?

Heh, yeah we've been a science experiment for forum software's. We started on phpbb, then went to vBulletin, then IPB, then MyBB and now XenForo.

We do still use MyBB for our Arcade.

We'll stay on XenForo for the foreseeable future and I don't plan on converting again. XenForo is an amazing software. :)

Heh, yeah we've been a science experiment for forum software's. We started on phpbb, then went to vBulletin, then IPB, then MyBB and now XenForo.

We do still use MyBB for our Arcade.

We'll stay on XenForo for the foreseeable future and I don't plan on converting again. XenForo is an amazing software. :)
How do you get the two systems to link up?
it appears that when I visit the arcade I am already signed in

They're not linked up. If you're signed in it's because your browser cache/cookies.

I do not tend to like these kinds of upgrades, but i gotta say, it went way too efficient ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom