What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Unlikeliest Of Friendships

JasonBegheFanGirl

Jason Beghe Fan
Elite Member
Retired Moderator

So, I started this book back in 2019, and this took me a whole two years to finish. Now I am close to completing book 2 of this story; which I started in August of last year.
Let me know what you think

I hope you enjoy!
:D
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
Chapter 1
I met him several months ago at a Question and Answer panel at an entertainment convention where I was working one weekend. We got talking about the TV show he was in and what it was like to play an on screen cop with an unorthodox approach to policing.

We laughed and we swapped stories about when we first met, back in Miami. I didn't hear from him for months, when, out of the blue, he calls me up and offers me Q&A passes to another convention he was attending, in New York.

We agreed to meet up again, after the convention was over. He asked me about my work and how long I had been working as a freelance journalist and where I was born; he knew my accent wasn't American and he seemed intrigued by that. The rest, as they say, is history.

I don't see him much, due to our clash in schedules, but when we do meet up, we make the most of it. This week marks three months, testing the water, and so far, so good. He lives in Nichols Canyon, I live in Palm Springs. He's away a lot of the year in Chicago, but we make it work and I think things are going as well as could be expected, under the circumstances...

When we first got to talking after months of not seeing one another after the build, we spoke about his children, who are eighteen and fourteen and that he was a doting dad and I loved that about him from the get go.

We are very private and keep our relationship status between the two of us; due to people 'talking' and rumours spreading. Usually, about age differences and personal agendas. I love him for him, not his career and I care a lot about him too.

We're taking things really slowly and it works, so far. We've both had bad pasts; we're both in kind of the same boat, so we work well together and we're there for one another. I separated from Randy a year and a half ago and he filed for a divorce in 2017; it was granted some years later.

I have a two year old daughter, with my ex husband, Randy Orton, who I love to the moon and back. Jason knew this from day one and he accepted it and from then on, we've been open and honest with each other and that's what makes us work so well; we really have no secrets.

Her name's Aurora Rose. She still sees Randy every weekend and he collects her and flies back with her to St Louis. He works full time, during the week, so weekends are his daddy and daughter time and I am good with that; I work a lot of weekends nowadays. I haven't introduced Jason to her yet, as this is still early days and I don't want her to meet him too early, in case this doesn't work out.

When I separated from Randy, I moved to California and he moved back to Missouri. I rent out the house we shared in Leesburg and that provides me with an extra income. I am still both a journalist and Real Estate Developer.

Oh wait, let me explain myself here. A year and a half ago I split with Randy after five years, we separated on the terms of an amicable separation; in the hopes, one day, we could possibly reconcile... A few months ago, unintentionally, I bumped into Jason at the Question and Answer I mentioned, after not seeing him since the rebuild of his holiday home in Miami.

We got to talking and we hit it off instantly; we've slowly been working on 'getting to know' each other and so far, so good! My parents, they take care of 'Rori' as I call her, when I am away with work or other none home life things; so I get a break.

No one knows we're seeing one another and we're planning to keep it that way; for now at least. The last thing I need is for the press to come sniffing around; I am press, so I know how to slip the net, so to speak, and avoid every and all confrontations with the paparazzi.

This weekend I am at Chicago Comic and Entertainment Expo is Rosemont and Jason will be there for the Saturday and Sunday Q&A panels with the casts of Chicago P.D, Fire and Med. This is my first official working weekend since we 'officially' called it a relationship.

This relationship is different to others I've been in; he's thirty years my senior, but I don't care. He cares for me in the way a man never has; he makes me laugh, he makes me feel special and he makes me feel like I am all that matters.

When I'm with him, I feel safe, I feel comfortable and all I ever want to do is be with him and no one else. I love spending time with him and learning new things about him. I love being with him; nights in with him are something else.

We have wine, we have chocolate and we watch great movies together. We're taking things slowly and we're yet to have a night together, but right now, we're just taking things a step at a time and seeing how the land lies.

There's no rush, we know what we want and we respect each others choices. We're very similar in that we want to make this work and not rush into anything. It's like being back at school and I like it; Randy and I rushed too quickly into our relationship and look where that got us?
********************​
I sit here, packing my bag, ready for my weekend long convention in Rosemont, Illinois and I really can't wait. My hotel's been booked, I have a spa day booked for Friday night. Dinner Saturday night is with Jason, Jesse Lee Soffer and Jon Seda as we talk the season of Chicago P.D that they started filming a few months back.

I sit here, watching the sun setting over San Jacinto Mountain and all I can think of is how much my life is going to change. Aurora will be back on Tuesday, as I collect her from Elaine's before I come home from Chicago and I say goodbye to Jason for another month before he comes back to L.A to spend time with his boys on his days off.

As I lie here, in my hammock, watching the birds flying overhead, my phone rings 'Hank Video Calling', flashes on my display. I put down my evening cocktail and answer his call. He looks back at me with a smile as I watch him sitting there, in his Chicago apartment where he stays during filming schedule.

“Hey, how are you?” Jason smiles at me as I look back at him. “I miss you” He smiles and I feel my heart skip a beat. “Where are you?” He asks.

“In my garden, sitting in my hammock, watching the sunset, drinking my cocktail” I smile and I feel myself blushing. “Weather here is nice and warm, while you sit there, heating on, freezing your toes off” I smirk.

“Rubbing it in much?” He smirks. “When you get here tomorrow, you'll so wish you were back there. Trust me, it's freezing here!” He laughs; that laugh has me smiling like a madwoman, it has hold on me like no other; so dreamy!

“Thanks for the heads up, I'll be sure to pack my thermals then.” I laugh as I sip on my cocktail. “How was your day, have you finished filming for the evening yet?” I smile as he looks at me softly. He gives me that look I haven't seen in a man for years.

“I have finished my week, now its onto the convention here and then I have Sunday off and then it's back to the grind, before I head on home, Friday night, to have my boys for the weekend” He explains, with a smile.

Chapter 2
The convention centre is buzzing with life as thousands of entertainment fans flock here, every year, to meet with they're favourite stars. I am here, for EW as part of the One Chicago weekend, where the stars of P.D, Fire and Med, come together, for one weekend and meet with fans, journalists and attend show based Question and Answer panels.

I have been given press passes to interview Jon Seda, Jesse Lee Soffer and Jason Beghe. I have so many questions I want to ask, but I know we never get long with them. You usually get around ten to twenty minutes to ask as many questions as you can, before you're ushered on your way to make room in their schedules, for the next magazine, paper or podcast to come in and steal your thunder.

This is my first official work project since Jason and I decided to 'test the water'. So now I have to keep it professional and keep our relationship to ourselves. Its hard for me, at the moment. I feel so comfortable in his presence and he's made me so happy since we saw each other again. I just want to shout it from the rooftops how happy he makes me feel, but I know I can't and I shouldn't, so I won't.

I head to the first One Chicago event of the day; 'A Morning with Jesse, Jon and Patrick'. I know this is going to be a packed room; so many people love Halstead, Dawson and Ruzek; me included. This afternoon's panel is titled 'Lunch with Sophia and Jason' . I am stoked for that one; Jason has no idea I have passes for all the panels today. This evenings one is titled 'Dinner with Chicago P.D' . Jason, Jesse, Sophia, Jon, LeRoyce, Patrick and Elias are all doing that one; fangirl overload moment for me!

Already, the place is heaving with people, press and paparazzi and it's not even 10am! This is going to be a crazy weekend, I can just feel it! I have to fit in a Beghe interview before he shoots off and find time, in the weekend, to interview Jesse and Jon too.

I don't know, yet, if I am doing them all separately or together; I wasn't told that bit of information. Michael, as usual, forgot to enlighten me before he left my house Thursday evening; figures he'd forget something that important... Not the first time he's done it either.

I sit in my seat, front row by the stage and await for the panel to start and I feel my phone vibrating in my pocket... It's Michael. I let it ring; he can leave me a voicemail. The people sitting all around me are stoked, excited and chatting amongst themselves.

I am so excited! This is my first One Chicago event and so, I don't know what to expect from the weekend. I am as new to this as a newborn baby in a bath for the first time; I'm both scared, but at the same time, excited to see what it's all about. I have heard so much about this convention, so I am expecting big things from this weekend.

Jason was right about Chicago, it's cold out there! I was beginning to grow icicles on the ends of my fingers; I forgot to pack my gloves and my hands are frozen. I can hardly hold my pen and notepad, they are that cold! I do wish I was back in Palm Springs right about now. Even frosty the snowman would be complaining!

As the panel winds down, I pack up my belongings and head for the door, I need to grab something for lunch later before the next panel with Jason and Sophia. Its snowing outside as I glance out of window of the room and head to grab some stuff for lunch; I am staying in the warm, no way am I heading out there while its snowing!
__________________________________________________​
My day ends on a high; it turned out I got to interview the three guys together. We had a good time and I got to spend an hour with them. Now, I have to get back to my hotel room and start composing my article, before tomorrow's Q&A's with the guys from Chicago Fire and Chicago Med on Sunday. I hoped today would be a good one and it was better than just good, it was amazing.

Interviewing Soffer, Seda and Beghe was so much fun; those guys sure know how to put you at ease and make you laugh. We talked Chicago P.D, juggling work and home life and we even talked about the future of P.D and where they see the franchise going. We discussed plot lines, deleted scenes and joking around on set.

Sitting there, as they told me all these stories, it dawned on me, there and then, that these guys really do get along, both on screen as well as off. I also learnt how Beghe looks to Soffer for modern day things and hearing him singing his praises, made me love the guy even more. He's one of the older guys on set, but seeing him wanting to learn new things is amazing.

He has two young boys, who, no matter how old they are, he wants to try and keep up with them and learn the things they've picked up over the years. One of them is seventeen, the other is thirteen; so they're still pretty young, so keeping up with them can't be the the easiest of things to do. My daughter is two, and she's a nightmare sometimes, but young boys change their hobbies and passions more times than a woman changes her make up routine.

I reach my hotel room, place my my bag down by the work desk in the room in front of the mirror and throw myself down onto the bed and before I know it, I'm out for the count. I wake up hours later, to three text messages, four missed calls and a knocking at my hotel room door. I answer the door and Michael is standing before me, concerned.

“Why did you never return my call from earlier?” He asks. “I have been calling you all afternoon?” Michael demands.

“Calm down, I fell asleep after my busy day, I was going to call you back later on after dinner!” I reply calmly. “Now, if you wouldn't mind, I'd like to take a shower before dinner” I smile. “I will call you later, I promise” I smile and he leaves me in peace with my thoughts. That was a close one.....
__________________________________________________​
Days pass and I can't help but think about the past weekend and what a great time I had with all the casts of all three Dick Wolf shows. I haven't heard from Jason in a few days and I know he's back in L.A this weekend and will be seeing his boys.

We have spoken over the last few days, via text that our 'relationship' should never be anything other than a platonic relationship and that we're better off as friends and nothing more. I am not sexually attracted to him, I love him, but I am not in love with him. I thought I was, but now I know its an attraction of the platonic kind.

Don't get me wrong, he is attractive, for his age, but the thought of us being together in another way, feels wrong to me. I am still in love with Randy and I do hope, that one day, we can work things out. After all, he did give me a beautiful little girl and he did treat me like a queen, even if, sometimes I do say otherwise. I did have five amazing years with the man, but I think, we both know that now, we rushed into things way too quickly when we should have taken things slowly and enjoyed one another.

Maybe then, we wouldn't be where we are now. I love him, I care for him, but as of right now, I don't want to be with him. I want to be by myself and think about me and where I want to be for a change.

Jason and I are just good friends who enjoy each others company. We don't sleep together, we never stay at one another's overnight and we always head on home, or to a local motel somewhere afterwards. I love being with him, but just as friends, nothing more. I am a mother and he is a father and that's another thing we have in common, but that's all it'll ever be, a platonic relationship, not one of those 'friends with benefits' nonsense.

I have spoken, with Randy, at length about our future and we have agreed, when the time is right, if it feels right, we'll take things slowly and get to know each other again. I don't know, at the moment, if I can ever go back, I am kind of happy where I am in life now, but we shall see.

We need to think about Aurora and how things may affect her. Now that's she's two, she's starting to become aware of changes and behaviours and that she feeds off of them.

I love him with all of my heart, he's the father to my daughter, but I don't want him breaking my trust to the point I may never come back. We split amicably, but it'll take me longer to fully forgive and forget what had happened, leading up to our separation.

He knows where I stand and I know where he stands. Now it's just a case of, seeing how we feel about one another in the future. Right now, I am happy with us, just being friends.

The lead up to our split wasn't a pretty one, I was almost convinced he was seeing someone from the performance centre and that they'd been at it behind my back for months.

I truly believe he never did anything of the sort, but my mind sometimes likes to make me feel otherwise. I spiralled into a state of depression at that point and so, to save my modesty and my guilt, I moved out, leaving him to move back to Missouri, on his own terms.

I am back to where I was before then and my depressive state has all but left now. I know I can't go back to him, not yet, for fear it'll resurface and I'll be back to where I started and I don't want that to happen.

For now I just want to focus on my journalism career and not on my relationship; if I dwell on the past too much, it'll bite me on the backside and I'll never want go back to him.

I have to think of Aurora too, not just Randy and me; she is my main priority in all of this. She has been and always will be, no matter what happens.

Chapter 3
Weeks pass in a blur and here I sit, alone in my house in California, waiting on a call from Randy about him wanting to have Aurora for Thanksgiving. I had agreed some weeks ago to let him have her for Thanksgiving if I can have her for Christmas and we agreed. Its moments like this, I wish he wouldn't leave me waiting all day for his call.

Jason and I have spoken on the phone today; he's coming back to California for Thanksgiving with his boys. Jesse has been texting and calling me recently too. We swapped numbers after the comic convention and we've been talking about meeting up at the next convention he's doing in Seattle.

I really think he fancies me.

I will be honest, he's only seven years older than me and to be honest, he's not bad on the eyes. We have a laugh together, he's invited me out to the P.D set for a day soon. He says it'll be good for my work, I think he is genuine, I really do.

I have told him, in no uncertain terms, I am a mother and I have a two year old daughter; that hasn't seemed to put him off either. In fact he's very interested in me talking about her.

He's told me how pretty I am and how self motivated and driven I am about my work. He's shown a major interest in my real estate and journalism work. He's interested in me, which is a refreshing change for me.

He's a good bloke, he looks out for me at conventions and always has my back when we walk around the stalls together. He carries my work bag and holds doors open for me.

He shows me attention, affection and respect and to be honest, he's so genuine, I think I may be falling for him, as I think he is me. I do have a daughter and he knows this and I know he doesn't have any kids, but he's very intrigued by Aurora when I talk about her with him.

I may not be attracted to Jason, but I feel, over the last few months, I am becoming attracted to Jesse. He's more my age range, but he has a mature demeanour and personality, like me.

He likes me maturity and my mentality, he tells me I am strong willed, determined and I know what I want in life; he's hit the nail right on the head with me. I am all those things and more.

He knows me more than I realise, which means only one thing, he listens to me when we talk. He knows my stance on introducing him to her and he agrees with me, that her meeting new people should be on my terms, no one else's.
Jesse:
Hey Belle! I hope you're days going well? Listen, I was wondering if you fancied meeting up in Seattle for a friendly lunch, on me? As you know, I am in the area for a convention, so I wanted to know if you fancied it? I'll pay. Let me know by Thursday. Jesse
Me:
Hey Jesse! I am great thank you for asking, hope you're well too? Sure, I'd love too, tell me where and when and I'll be there. Hope they've not got you working too hard today. Belle
Jesse:
Great! I'm just sitting in the make up trailer, trying to keep warm! How's your daughter doing today, did her dad drop her back to you yet?
Me:
No, I'm still waiting on a call from my mum, to tell me she's with her, but nothing yet. I hate it when he leaves me waiting like this, I get so worried he'll throw me moving away in my face.
Jesse:
Don't let him win, you have as much right as he does to your daughter. He's just being spiteful because you haven't gone back to him, like he wants you too. Don't let this turn your beautiful smile into a sad face. Keep smiling, it'll get better.

If he can't take you wanting a break from him and being on your own for awhile, he was never bothered to begin with. Stay strong, I am here if you need someone to talk to. X
Me:
Thank you! I am just worried he won't bring her back and he'll keep her with him. I don't like it when he's like this. I have told him right now, I just want us to be friends. Besides, we do make better friends, than lovers. Besides, I think he's seeing someone else.

I have my suspicions he's moved on. I am fine with that, but I don't want his new woman making my daughter, call her mum; I won't stand for it and I hope Randy won't either!
Jesse:
If he HAS moved on, let him, don't let Aurora be the reason you two keep holding grudges against one another. Life's too short to live in spite and hate, be the bigger person and tell him straight, you and him being back together won't work.

If you KNOW you don't and won't work, tell him. Don't string him along, its not fair. As much as he's being a big baby, he has a right to know you and he may never get back together. If it were me, I'd want to know. Would you really string him along on false hope?

I don't want him to lash out and say something that may hurt you, so the least you can do it tell him sooner rather than later. The longer you leave it, the harder it'll be to tell him.

You know what you need to do here. If I know you as much I think I do, you're not hatful of spiteful; that's why I like you, you're open and really honest X
I lie in bed that night, thinking back on what Jesse had told me about my future with Randy.

I know he's right and I know it's what's best for Aurora and me, but I'm scared he'll lash out at me and call me names and make threats about Aurora.

He can be nasty when he wants to be. I know he'd never strike me or take Aurora away from me, but the thought of him holding my past actions against me is what's worrying me.

I'll talk with him in the morning. The least I owe him is the truth.

Chapter 4
Seattle Movie, TV and comic convention is a huge weekend where stars of comics, TV and the big screen come together and meet fans and followers alike. This event has a kind of film festival feel about it, there are some big-ish names here, some I know and love and others I have no idea about.

Jesse Lee Soffer, Torrie Devitto and Eamon Walker are here, representing One Chicago. I am so excited for this weekend, I really am. Eamon Walker was born in the UK, just like me and he plays Chief Boden on Chicago Fire. I haven't met the man yet, but I am looking forward to, hopefully, interviewing him, at some stage this weekend.

I spot Jesse from across the room, but he doesn't see me. He's looking so fresh. Denim jeans, dinner jacket and white v neck t-shirt. I stand here, staring at him; all I want to do it run up to him and say hello, but I know I can't, he's busy.

He's been keeping in contact with me all week, asking me how my days are going, how Aurora is and how are my parents; he really something special. Never had anyone ask me how my parents were, that's something else!

We've video called and we've been texting all week. We're becoming really good friends and he's invited me to the set of Chicago P.D in the spring, to see an episode being filmed on location at the 21st district. I've told him how big a fan of the show I am and how amazing an actor he is too. He's explained to me he knows of my written works, my articles and my CNN work too.

He's invited me to come visit Connecticut with Aurora, if I want to, in the summer when they go on Hiatus in May for six weeks before they film the next season in July. I don't know how to read into that.. I get a feeling it's a friendly gesture, but I feel there's more to it than that. Maybe I'm just wishful thinking here; maybe its nothing.

I am in two minds... Do I take Aurora with me, or leave her with my mother? I know Randy has her the the weekends, so I think it's best I let her stay with my mother, but I will cross that bridge, when I get to it. For now, we're just good friends, with good chemistry. Maybe, later on down the road, I will let my daughter meet my friend Jesse.

I know he's not pushing me into anything and I don't feel comfortable with and I know he respects me, so I know he's not trying anything with me, I know I can trust him. He and I share the same values in life, so I know we're both on the same page here. He just doesn't want me to leave Aurora at home all the time and is more than happy for her to come along for the summer too.

I think she'd really like Jesse and I think he'd really like her too. She's a very happy go lucky, everyone's my friend type of person; she sees the good in everyone; sometimes that's not always a good thing, but she's just a kid and kids are so innocent and I'd never want to take that away from her.
*************************************​
Day one of the convention goes by in a blink and already, its over. Now I have to wait for a call or text from Jesse about dinner this evening. I still have to get back to my room and have a shower before he comes by to pick me up. He told me he'd collect me for dinner at 7pm, so I have two hours before he comes to get me and I still have to fight the traffic back to the hotel.

Its freezing cold as I stand by the taxi rank, waiting for a taxi to pull up before a GMC Typhoon pulls up in the taxi rank in front of me. The passenger window winds down and I hear a voice speak to me.

“Need a ride?” He asks and I look into the cabin and there sits Jesse, offering me a ride back to my hotel; what a gent.

“Thank you” I smile, climbing into the car as we pull out and he drives me down the road. “Thanks for the lift, I really appreciate it.” I smile
“Don't mention it. You still up for dinner tonight” He smiles softly.

“Yeah sure,” I smile as he pulls up to my hotel and I climb out. “See you in a few hours” I smile.

“Don't be late” He smiles and drives off, leaving me standing on the pavement, watching his tail lights as he leaves the parking lot and heads onto the main highway, back I to the centre of Seattle.
********************************************​
Dressed for dinner, I wait in the foyer for his car to appear in the parking lot. Its cold out there so I'm wrapped up in a polo neck jumper, blue jeans and my brown ugg boots. I sure hope he wasn't expecting much from me. Its cold, I feel the cold and I like to be comfortable when I have a meal out.

Its beginning to snow again as I watch out the window as the heater in here kicks up a gear and it becomes nice and warm in here. I have my thick jacket and this time, I remembered to pack my gloves, thank goodness! He appears in the parking lot and make my way outside. This is my first dinner with Jesse, I am looking forward to it.
**************************************​
We sit down to dinner and he pulls out my chair for me and helps me take off my jacket, placing it, neatly, on the back of my chair. He's wearing jeans, sweatshirt and shoes. Even in warm clothing, he looks so smart. As I take a seat at the table, he sits opposite me and smiles, I have no idea what's making him smile but he's making me feel like I am about to blush.

“You look nice tonight” He smiles as he hands me a menu. “Not that you don't anyway, of course” He smiles.

“Thank you. You look good too, very smart” I smile.

“I try. I wanted to be smart, casual and warm, so I threw these on” He smiles. “I hope I made a good effort” He smiles.

“Are you kidding me? You can make a good effort without even trying” I smile, feeling myself blush; did I really just say that out loud?

“Aww, thank you” He smiles. “Can I get you a drink of anything?” He asks softly. “Wine, soft drink, water?” He smiles.

“I'll just have a lemonade, I have to work again tomorrow” I smile.

“That's fine; I have to work too. Please excuse me” He replies, leaving me, to order our drinks. Drinks.

“So, tell me, what's it like being in Chicago in the winter?” I smile,

“Cold!” He laughs. “No, it's OK. I mean, I live in Newtown, so its can get cold there in the winter months too. You had the better idea, living in California” He smiles. “How's Aurora liking school?” He smiles.

“She loves nursery, she started back in September, so she's still in the early phase, but she comes home everyday, so full of life; I don't know where she gets all of her energy from!” I laugh.

“So glad to hear that; it must have been so hard for you, on the first day, saying goodbye” He smiles. “I know, if it were me, I'd be a mess” He continues with a soft smile.

“Knowing she loves it so much helps. She comes back with such a huge smile on her face and a bounce in her step! She loves school more than anything. She gets so excited in the mornings when I get her ready, she's so eager to learn and play, I love seeing her so happy; it fills my heart with so much pride!” I smile.

“You're just an amazing mum. To put up with a father like hers must be so hard?” He replies. “I hope he apologises to you for being so nasty to you. He sounds, to me, like such a blow hard. I hate men who think its right to treat the mother of his kid the way he does you” He smiles.

“He's not all bad, really. He has her every weekend, he comes over for her birthday's and I take her there and he is a good father. As long as he treats her better than he treats me, I am happy.” I explain with a smile. “He's a good person, he just has a funny way of showing it sometimes. He's never hit me, he's never shouted at me. That I am thankful for” I continue.

“Good. I'd hate for him to break your heart and your spirit. You are such a strong willed and strong minded woman and I am in awe of you, I really am” He smiles. “How you balance motherhood with work is amazing; I have such respect and admiration for you for that” He continues.

“Why thank you!” I beam. “I do the best I can, with what I have. I work hard for her. I want to give her the childhood and future I never had. I want her to have good things, learn good manners and respect everyone for who they are, what they are and what they believe in. If I can be half the mother my mother was to me, I'll have done something right, at least” I smile.

“You have such a mature and sensitive soul. I love the way you see the world. You're the kind of woman any man would be lucky to have. My parents would love you” He smiles. “Sorry, that wasn't supposed to sound like that... anyway...” He diverts as I catch his face going red.

“Don't worry about it. Same goes for you. Any lady would be lucky to have you” I smile.
***********************************​
Later that night, Jesse drives me back to my hotel and walks me inside to my door. We've had a good night together, we've shared stories and laughed so hard we've cried. I haven't had a night like this in a long time. He really does know how to make me smile.

“I've really enjoyed tonight” He smiles softly. “I hope we can do it again sometime” He smiles.

“Are you asking me on a date?” I smirk.

“I... I guess so” He smiles.

“What was tonight then?” I smirk. “I'm just kidding, sure I'd like to see you again too.” I smile softly. “Thanks again for tonight” I smile.

“Great, I'll be in touch sometime next week” He smiles and as he turns to leave, I kiss him softly on the cheek and he looks back at me a smiles. “Safe journey home on Monday; text me when you get home so I know you made it back safely” He smiles and I head into my room, leaving Jesse to walk down the corridor, to the elevator.

Jesse
Thank you for tonight, I had a great time. Now get some sleep and don't work too hard tomorrow. Goodnight and sweet dreams.

Chapter 5

Palm Springs has been my home for some time now. I love it here; everyone is so friendly, and the weather is so sunny and warm, but I feel a move back to Florida could be on the cards for me one day once Aurora finishes nursery next year.

That state has such a great atmosphere and is so warming to me. If I did move back, I think I'd go further south; I have always wanted to live in Miami, or even Tampa would be OK with me.

If I were ever to move back to Florida, I'd be closer to my business, and my parents would only be a few hours flight away in Weldon Springs. I miss the weather and the Florida lifestyle.

Besides, if things go where I think they might with Jesse and me, I'll only be south of Connecticut. Three hours away, in fact, and seeing as he has invited me to visit Connecticut in the summer, it'd be an easier commute.

But, for now, Palm Springs is where I am, and it'll be where I stay. I have a lovely home here, and I feel happy and content here. Aurora is settled in school, and I am settled back at Entertainment Weekly.

I am so happy with my life now that I can't see myself anywhere else. I am so happy in my skin, in my life, and in my career.

Two and a half years have passed since Randy and I amicably separated. I think it's time we both moved on and came to terms with the fact that we probably will never be back together. We get along so well apart that I don't think I want to go back to the old days of arguments, silent treatments, and heartache.

I am getting my life back on track now, and I personally think it's time I cut my losses and filed for divorce, giving Randy joint custody over Aurora and her future.

He can have her for three weeks in the summer and whatever holidays he wants to have her on, and we can civilly come to some sort of arrangement for any future parties, holidays, and birthdays.

I will contact my lawyer and get the ball rolling on divorce proceedings. The sooner I do this, the easier it will be for me to come to terms with stuff and get it over and done with, so we can both move on and be happy.

I know leaving things the way they are now holds both of us back from finding new loves and moving forward; I know neither of us wants any of that.

Besides, who's to say Randy isn't already courting someone? I know I am hoping things with Jesse and me become something special. I do really like him, and I think he likes me too.

I don't want to string him along if he wants more from me than a friendship in the future. I know that right now he's not asking that of me, but I do hope I give him the same feelings he gives me.
*************************************​
Aurora is at nursery, and my house looks so tidy right now. The floors are gleaming, the worktops are shiny, and I’m ready for my next work article from Entertainment Weekly.

I haven’t heard from Jesse yet today, but I had a great weekend in Seattle, and dinner with him was so much fun. We laughed, we talked, and we had a blast. I really think I am falling for him, but I don’t want to read too much into it, so I’ll play it subtle and see where it goes.

It’s been some years since a man took an interest in me and my career, and it’s a refreshing change. He seems like a genuine guy who seems interested in my daughter as well.

He makes me laugh, he makes me smile, and he makes me feel so comfortable in his presence. He’s the kind of guy my parents would love, too. One day, I hope to introduce him to them.

It's still early days, but I do hope for good things between the two of us in the upcoming months. Life has me running around at the moment, doing comic conventions and film festivals, but I wouldn't change it for the world.

My love has always been travelling the world and writing for a living. I am living my dream life again. This time, I have a little someone to show it to when she's older. I know she'll be proud of me, just like my Nan was when she was still on this earth.

My Nan would have loved Jesse too, come to think of it. She'd probably become very fond of Jason; she had a soft spot for the gravel-voiced man. I guess that's where I get my fancies from, my nan! She did have pretty good taste in men.
****************​

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom