What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Unique music discoveries

I strongly suggest giving https://volumo.com/ a try. I have been using it for a long time and am satisfied. It's a haven for music lovers seeking out the road less traveled. The site prides itself on curating a diverse range of music from indie artists to genre-bending tracks that blend different musical traditions. Their collection is meticulously organized, making it easy to discover music that resonates with your personal taste.

Depends on your musical taste, I think. For me it was getting into metal and realizing that there's a raft of excellent bands and artists in the genre that get little or no airtime around here. Some of them are even quite big in other parts of the world (e.g. Nightwish and Epica aren't that well-known in Canada but plays large arenas and festivals in Europe and Latin America). But that's mostly been through joining the fan site of one of those artists and then picking up ideas from other fans' posts as well as the YouTube recommendations I started getting once the algorithm picked up that I was watching a lot of metal subgenres.

But sites like the one @Branson_881 recommends and Bandcamp are a major source of non-mainstream musical talent. Find something you like and then follow recommendations or "related artists" lists.

I usually find new music that’s not actually charting yet on tiktok. I like listening to underground artists that aren’t quite popular yet, so tiktok helps me with that.

I find ridiculous music on Youtube and Reddit. This video looks innocent but listen to the background music.

Last edited:
My partner makes all my playlists for me, I always like them. (y)

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom