What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Trump: Abortion Should Be Decided By the States and "Will of the People'

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark

Your thoughts?

Former President Donald Trump says he believes abortion should be left to the states in a video released Monday outlining his position after months of mixed messages and speculation.

“Many people have asked me what my position is on abortion and abortion rights,” Trump said in the video posted on his Truth Social site. “My view is now that we have abortion where everybody wanted it from a legal standpoint, the states will determine by vote or legislation or perhaps both. And whatever they decide must be the law of the land — in this case, the law of the state.”

He declined to lay out a timeline for when he believes abortion should be banned. He went on to describe the current legal landscape, in which different states have different restrictions following the U.S. Supreme Court decision ending Roe v. Wade.

“Many states will be different. Many will have a different number of weeks or some will have more conservative than others and that’s what they will be,” he said. “At the end of the day it’s all about will of the people.”

Trump, the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, had written on his social media site Sunday night that he planned to issue a statement on “abortion and abortion rights” after he sidestepped questions about when in a pregnancy he believes the line should be drawn.

Republican-led states have ushered in a wave of new restrictions following the overturning of Roe v. Wade in 2022. Democrats believe the fight over abortion rights helps them at the polls and have outperformed expectations in elections since.

“You must follow your heart on this issue,” Trump said in his message. “But remember, you must also win elections to restore our culture and, in fact, to save our country, which is currently and very sadly a nation in decline.”

Trump had long argued that the Supreme Court’s decision overturning Roe gave those who oppose abortion rights “tremendous power to negotiate.” He said he wanted to use that leverage to strike a deal that he hoped would “make both sides happy” and bring the country “together” — even though the issue is one of the most contentious in American politics, with opponents viewing abortion as murder and proponents seeing it as a fundamental women’s right.

(The Guardian) Trump says states and 'will of the people' should determine abortion rights
Former president Donald Trump said that abortion rights should be determined by states and the “will of the people”, dodging calls for a national abortion ban.

On Monday, Trump, the Republican nominee for the 2024 presidential election, posted a video clarifying his position to his social media platform Truth Social.

“My view is now that we have abortion where everybody wanted it from a legal standpoint, the states will determine by vote or legislation, or perhaps both, and whatever they decide must be the law of the land. In this case, the law of the state,” Trump said. “At the end of the day, this is all about the will of the people. You must follow your heart, or in many cases, your religion or your faith,” he added.

Trump noted that he also supports the availability of fertility treatments. His latest remarks comes after the Alabama supreme court ruled that frozen embryos are “children”, a win for the anti-abortion movement that forced many Republicans to explain their position on the popular procedure.
Trump’s stance on abortion comes after he previously suggested that he would support a 15-week ban with exceptions for rape, incest, or if the mother’s life was in danger.

In Monday’s video, Trump said he was “strongly in favor of exceptions for rape, incest and life of the mother.” He did not say at what number of weeks into pregnancy he would support a ban.

Trump previously criticized near-total abortion bans passed in several Republican-led states as “terrible”.

His latest comments come as several GOP candidates struggle with the issue, particularly in competitive states.

(The Guardian) Trump says states and 'will of the people' should determine abortion rights
Former president Donald Trump said that abortion rights should be determined by states and the “will of the people”, dodging calls for a national abortion ban.

On Monday, Trump, the Republican nominee for the 2024 presidential election, posted a video clarifying his position to his social media platform Truth Social.

“My view is now that we have abortion where everybody wanted it from a legal standpoint, the states will determine by vote or legislation, or perhaps both, and whatever they decide must be the law of the land. In this case, the law of the state,” Trump said. “At the end of the day, this is all about the will of the people. You must follow your heart, or in many cases, your religion or your faith,” he added.

Trump noted that he also supports the availability of fertility treatments. His latest remarks comes after the Alabama supreme court ruled that frozen embryos are “children”, a win for the anti-abortion movement that forced many Republicans to explain their position on the popular procedure.

Trump’s stance on abortion comes after he previously suggested that he would support a 15-week ban with exceptions for rape, incest, or if the mother’s life was in danger.

In Monday’s video, Trump said he was “strongly in favor of exceptions for rape, incest and life of the mother.” He did not say at what number of weeks into pregnancy he would support a ban.

Trump previously criticized near-total abortion bans passed in several Republican-led states as “terrible”.

His latest comments come as several GOP candidates struggle with the issue, particularly in competitive states.
I applaud Trump for wanting to stay out of this one.

although, I would prefer if the states would just stay out of it as well and leave it medical decisions between women and their doctors.

Name 10 lies Biden has told.
Sure, I'll bite. He's lied just as much as Trump. Here are 10 statements by Biden that you can google by him that were fact checked and were considered false.

1. "There are a thousand billionaires now and you know what their average tax rate is? 8%."
2. “Under the Obama-Biden administration, we invested hundreds of millions of dollars in the state of Florida replacing wooden power poles with steel poles and we buried these electric lines."
3. “Ground zero in New York — I remember standing there the next day.”
4. "We have plans to build a railroad from the Pacific all the way across the Indian Ocean."
5. “More cops are killed responding to domestic violence calls than anything else.”
6. "Gun manufacturers are “the only industry in the country” that have immunity from lawsuits."
7. "As a youth, “I got arrested” protesting for civil rights."
8. "The number of small businesses is up 30% compared to before the pandemic."
9. "Al-Qaida is “gone” from Afghanistan"
10. “I can send every qualified person to a four-year college in their state for $150 billion.”

Sure, I'll bite. He's lied just as much as Trump. Here are 10 statements by Biden that you can google by him that were fact checked and were considered false.

1. "There are a thousand billionaires now and you know what their average tax rate is? 8%."
2. “Under the Obama-Biden administration, we invested hundreds of millions of dollars in the state of Florida replacing wooden power poles with steel poles and we buried these electric lines."
3. “Ground zero in New York — I remember standing there the next day.”
4. "We have plans to build a railroad from the Pacific all the way across the Indian Ocean."
5. “More cops are killed responding to domestic violence calls than anything else.”
6. "Gun manufacturers are “the only industry in the country” that have immunity from lawsuits."
7. "As a youth, “I got arrested” protesting for civil rights."
8. "The number of small businesses is up 30% compared to before the pandemic."
9. "Al-Qaida is “gone” from Afghanistan"
10. “I can send every qualified person to a four-year college in their state for $150 billion.”
Was it hard to narrow it down that little? XD

Was it hard to narrow it down that little? XD
Not really. There's a lot of news articles that gripe about Biden, his broken promises, and the stories he tells. Then you have a few YouTubers that pull up news clips of him telling wild stories on things that he never did.

Not really. There's a lot of news articles that gripe about Biden, his broken promises, and the stories he tells. Then you have a few YouTubers that pull up news clips of him telling wild stories on things that he never did.

Except when he talks about meetings with people who were long dead at the time. I believe he really DID meet with Helmut Kohl.

He just forgot it was at a seance.

And if you look closely, you will notice that this is from NBC, NOT Foxnews.

Except when he talks about meetings with people who were long dead at the time. I believe he really DID meet with Helmut Kohl.

He just forgot it was at a seance.
For some reason, I feel like this is yet another one of Biden's lies. I figure since Biden is Pro Taxes, he'll turn around and take it out of everyone's hide.

President Biden promised Friday in Baltimore that the federal government will pay for “all” of the cost of rebuilding the collapsed Francis Scott Key Bridge — while saying he’d try to squeeze the “party responsible” to contribute to the “fullest extent the law will allow.”

Biden took a helicopter over the disaster zone where six construction workers died March 26 before receiving a briefing on efforts to reopen Baltimore Harbor’s channels for ships that carry much of the nation’s coal exports and car and farm equipment imports.

“Everyone including Congress should be asking only one question, and they’re going to be asked the question by your delegation: How can we help?” Biden said.

House Republicans in the conservative Freedom Caucus are urging the president to use already appropriated funds while forcing the owner and operator of the Singapore-flagged ship MV Dali, which struck the bridge, to foot the bill.

“My administration is committed to ensuring that the party responsible for this tragedy pay to repair the damage and be held accountable to the fullest extent the law will allow,” Biden said.

“But I also want to be clear: We will support Maryland and Baltimore every step of the way to help you rebuild and maintain all the business and commerce that’s here now.”

For some reason, I feel like this is yet another one of Biden's lies. I figure since Biden is Pro Taxes, he'll turn around and take it out of everyone's hide.

Where else is he going to get ANY money?

Borrow it from China or Saudi Arabia?

Someone should abort Trump. Like now.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom