What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Training a cat?

Yes definitely you can train a cat to do many things including less nights. The key to less activity at night is play during your waking hours and then feed them just before you go to bed. They will then go into a cats normal routine of sleeping off their food as they digest it. However, be aware that cats in general are nocturnal because most of their wild prey are rodents which are nocturnal. So you will always have some activities at night. The more you play during the day and feeding them late definitely will help.

Yes you can train a cat .Cats like routine, so do the same things at the same times every day. This helps your cat know when it's playtime and when it's sleep time. Stick to a schedule. This helps your cat understand when to be active and when to relax.

Thanks for the advice I’ll tell him to try this. He never had a cat before and I’m trying to explain to him how to take care of one.
Don't forget the sandbox!!

Don't forget the sandbox!!
Got it! 😊

She’s such a nice cat just she’s still a kitten so it will take some time for her to get used to the house. She’s using the litter box and that but she’s active at night and cries at the bedroom door to be let in and when she does she’s climbing on everything. Still, she’s a sweetie but he’s a newbie.

Got it! 😊

She’s such a nice cat just she’s still a kitten so it will take some time for her to get used to the house. She’s using the litter box and that but she’s active at night and cries at the bedroom door to be let in and when she does she’s climbing on everything. Still, she’s a sweetie but he’s a newbie.
Ahhh ..... she's lonely! Young puppies are the same way when they're taken away from their mom/litter. :(
Is he not favorable to the idea of leaving the bedroom door open at night to let her come in and snuggle?
Of course that leads to undesirable things like cat hair on the bed, which bothers me. :coffee:

Ahhh ..... she's lonely! Young puppies are the same way when they're taken away from their mom/litter. :(
Is he not favorable to the idea of leaving the bedroom door open at night to let her come in and snuggle?
Of course that leads to undesirable things like cat hair on the bed, which bothers me. :coffee:

He’s starting to give in and just let her explore the house. It’s probably culture shock to her after being in the shelter so long. Nobody wanted her because of a deformity with her tail. But we don’t care! 🥰 we love her.

He’s more concerned about her knocking things over. But I explained to him it’s normal cat behaviour to climb and check out everything and run around.

She’s part Manx so she has half a tail
Oh, I love Manx! They have such 'lively' personalities. Am familiar with those partial tails; I've had a female Manx, bred with an "alley cat" & the kittens come out with all sorts of tails. That would certainly not be a 'deal breaker' for me in choosing a cat. In fact, those purebred "rumpy" Manx (absolutely no tail) are a little more prone to 'Manx Syndrome'.....a very disagreeable, unfortunate defect.

You can't train a cat unless it consents to be trained. When a cat consents to be trained it's part of their insidious plan to deceive you into thinking you're in charge

You are able to train cats but it does take a little more patience than it would to train say a dog.

I have in the past trained three cats to sit and as much as it took time, it was possible.

In terms of training a cat to sleep at night and be awake during the day, this is not something I have had to do as the cats I had seemed to sleep when I slept and have naps during the day without training. I would say it is possible though with the right advice.

In terms of training a cat to sleep at night and be awake during the day,
I have a couple of cats that display some nice characteristics (as cats go :LOL:) so I really can't complain. They are pretty quiet most of the nite, but tend to wake up at about 3 or 4 a.m. & start in with playing, chasing each other through the house sounding like a herd of galloping horses, and making some pretty strange 'cat calls'. o_O

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom