What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Total Solar Eclipse April 8th, 2024

Dead2009

Off Topix Veteran
MOTM

On April 8, 2024, a total solar eclipse will be visible across North America.

Our total eclipse 2024 guide tells you everything you need to know about the phenomenon from where to see it it to why it's so special. If you can't catch the eclipse in person you can watch the total solar eclipse live here on Space.com.

During a total eclipse, the moon appears almost exactly the same size as the sun and blocks the entire disk for a few minutes — known as totality.

The 115-mile-wide (185 kilometers) path of totality will cross three states in Mexico, 15 U.S. states and four states in southeast Canada.

Who will be checking this out if it comes to your state?

If this was not happening in the middle of foaling season, I would have made plans to travel for this. It's only a partial eclipse where I live. Seeing and photographing a total solar eclipse is on my bucket list.

We're way off target; no, I will not be traveling to the middle of Texas to "catch" it. :coffee:
But I understand that a total EVENT is planned.

We're just north of the path of totality, and it is likely to be raining here that afternoon.

But even if the skies are clear, we were planning on staying home and going out to the back yard and watch it, then go in and watch the traffic jams on TV as everybody leaves.

Cool, hope I remember to watch it

The news just said over 25 thousand are gonna be at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway to see it lol.

How Kerrville, Texas, is preparing for the 2024 total solar eclipse

Tens of millions of Americans are expected to travel from near and far just so they can be in the path of totality when the total solar eclipse happens on April 8. NBC’s Morgan Chesky shares a first-hand look at how Kerrville, Texas, is preparing for the onslaught of visitors.April 2, 2024

The news just said over 25 thousand are gonna be at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway to see it lol.

I can watch it from my driveway for free :p ...and I don't have to worry about driving to a place, parking, etc.

I can watch it from my driveway for free :p ...and I don't have to worry about driving to a place, parking, etc.
I've found that sun glasses or not. It's not a good idea to watch an eclipse. It's very damaging to your eyes either way. Last time I did it, I went home with my eyes throbbing and a massive headache. In other words, I'll be passing this up.

I've found that sun glasses or not. It's not a good idea to watch an eclipse. It's very damaging to your eyes either way. Last time I did it, I went home with my eyes throbbing and a massive headache. In other words, I'll be passing this up.

Did you use proper protection?

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom