What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

This Is a Little Story

Flurry

Crisis Management
Elite Member
Retired Moderator

Prepare yoselves to be punched in the feels with another little Arrow based one shot I decided to do.

Summary: What if Oliver had had his own little talk with Taylore during Home Invasion.

As Oliver looked on at the scene in the guest room with Laurel, Tommy, and Taylor. He couldn't help but smile despite the current issues going on in his life. Seeing Tommy be surprisingly good with the boy was a nice surprise. Laurel herself doing a fantastic job and it was making Oliver think that his two friends would make for some amazing parents one day. An idea was also forming in Oliver's head about how he could provide a little courage to Tayler in some way. Or at the least show him that even when its dark, that there is a light at the end of it. Laurel finally noticed Oliver standing there and smiled in his direction and he returned the smile. “You gonna come in or just stand there Ollie?” She asked teasingly.

“Well I thought I'd just stand about and watch you two at work. Great parents in the making I say.” His compliment made Laurel blush and Tommy to roll his eyes. Though the Merlyn scion was inwardly pleased by what had been said.

Oliver walked further into the room and crouched down onto his knees to be at eye level with Taylor. “Hey buddy, I know its tough but we'll get through this.” He hoped he sounded encouraging and believable enough.

“Will there be big guns like Laurel had?” The little boy asked earnestly, as he thought that thing would help out a lot.

The Queen scion had to feign confusion when he looked up at the other two. “Big gun?” He asked.

“I have a shot gun in my apartment.”

“Oh.” Was the only thing he could think of to say after that. Though he was kind of amused at her having it.

He looked back to Taylor again. “Well buddy, we don't have something like that here. But we do have those big guys all around us to help out.” He gained a nod from the kid, though he could tell that he wasn't entirely convinced.

Trying another tactic, he went with the idea in his head. “Say Taylor, I have a story about another boy who was going through a real tough time like you are right now until it got much better for him. Do you want to hear it?”

Both Laurel and Tommy began to wonder just what Oliver had in mind right now and hoped it would somehow help Taylor. The little boy in question nodded at him, as he was finding himself pretty curious about the story. Seeing the nod from him caused Oliver to smile again. “Well once upon a time, there was a boy named Ollie. He wasn't exactly a good boy and tended to do things that pleased only him. Until one day when he and his dad were somewhere far on the water and they wound up lost due to a very mean storm. Ollie's dad went away, much like your mom and dad. But Ollie did what he could to live and make his dad proud.”

He had to pause there as this was causing him to choke up a little due to the memories in his head that were wanting to come to the fore front. Both Laurel and Tommy were honestly surprised by what he was talking about once they realized he was talking about himself. Oliver noticed he had his audience's attention pretty well by now. Not even realizing that Moira was near the door herself now with tears in her eyes.

“And you see at first, Ollie was alone for a very short time. But then he met Mr. Fei and Mr. Wilson. Ollie even met Mr. Fei's daughter Ms. Fei. And they all helped Ollie grow up into a better person. They were like a new family to him too. Now while Mr. Wilson was mean and grumpy as can be, Mr. Fei and his daughter were very nice and very patient when teaching Ollie new things. They all helped him out in his very tough time. And even when it got tougher and they all had to leave Ollie too. He remembered that because of them, he was starting to reach the light at the end of his very tough time when he was lost.” He paused again to consider his next words, and actually feeling kind of like a weight was off his chest somewhat after having talked about his old friends in the manner he did.

Taylor was pretty much absorbed into the man's story, and the same could be said for Tommy, Laurel, and Moira. Tommy by now was holding Laurel in his arms wondering about the 3 who had helped Oliver out during his time away. Tears were even wanting to break free, while they were already coming down Laurel's face. Unknown to Oliver he even had a tear coming down his face but due to how absorbed he was as well in telling the story he didn't even notice.

“But then after a long while, some very nice people found Ollie and brought him back home. But he was nervous as he had changed a lot and didn't think anyone would see the new him. But in the end, he was just happy to finally be home again. So you see buddy, that light is almost in sight for you. And we're all here for you okay?”

“Okay...” The boy responded and surprising even Oliver. He hugged him.

“Thank you Mr. Oliver, I feel a lot better now about things.” He told him honestly making Oliver chuckle a bit.

“Well Mr. Taylor, I'm very happy to help!” He russled the kid's hair good naturedly and stood up.

It was then he noticed that his face was wet. Which stunned him a little to realize he had even been crying. Rubbing them away he soon found himself hugged again by Laurel. Something not even Tommy could raise an issue about. “Thank you.” Was all she could say herself, having realized it must have taken a lot for her ex to even talk about that in the way he did.

Oliver looked over at Tommy and gained a nod from the man. And while Tommy gained a new appreciation for his friend, the anger he still felt over his best friend's secret life hadn't dulled any. Moira had quietly walked away to give them privacy, fervently wishing her son hadn't had to go through such a time as he did. But also at the same time wanting to thank the three people he mentioned.

Heartwarming and brilliantly written.

Why thank you! Likely some of my best yet in this fandom!

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom