What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

The Guyver

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark

Ever watched this franchise?

They made 2 movie adaptations off of the 80's anime and a 2005 reboot. In the manga and the anime 2 boys find an alien suit and accidentally activate it and all hell breaks loose. The American film adaptations are much different as usual but fun to watch.

Oh yeah I remember that, probably haven't thought about it since it came out.

Oh yeah I remember that, probably haven't thought about it since it came out.

lol I wouldn't be surprised if Yoshiki Takaya was inspired by the Super Sentai franchise. Guyver is pretty much the same in a lot of ways seeing as he uses a suit to slay monsters.

377ea68a1364d4397b6708c17b3ec2c8d9153087.gifv

I saw the 1 from '91.

lol I wouldn't be surprised if Yoshiki Takaya was inspired by the Super Sentai franchise. Guyver is pretty much the same in a lot of ways seeing as he uses a suit to slay monsters.

377ea68a1364d4397b6708c17b3ec2c8d9153087.gifv

Very similar! :ponder:

Very similar! :ponder:

The anime and manga has a really good story. They end up fighting against a super secret organization that runs the world from the shadows run by the zoalords.

I really liked Richard Guyot from the manga and anime. He wanted to be the god king of the world. He's a zoalord. Zoalords are almost biologically immortal and powerful. They don't age or die from disease thanks to their zoa-crystal. They're viewed as deities by the zoanoids. He ends up rebelling against the very first Zoalord because he wants to be a god and his goal to do that is to equip a guyver unit. Unfortunately for him, there are only 3 in existence and he has to kill one of the guvyers to get his hands on one. So far he's failed in his pursuit.

The anime and manga has a really good story. They end up fighting against a super secret organization that runs the world from the shadows run by the zoalords.

I really liked Richard Guyot from the manga and anime. He wanted to be the god king of the world. He's a zoalord. Zoalords are almost biologically immortal and powerful. They don't age or die from disease thanks to their zoa-crystal. They're viewed as deities by the zoanoids. He ends up rebelling against the very first Zoalord because he wants to be a god and his goal to do that is to equip a guyver unit. Unfortunately for him, there are only 3 in existence and he has to kill one of the guvyers to get his hands on one. So far he's failed in his pursuit.

Sounds pretty cool!

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom