What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Storm Chasing

Dead2009

Off Topix Veteran
MOTM

Anyone watch people chase tornadoes live? I typically watch it at the start of the severe season.

I live in part of Tornado Alley.

We sit here, and wait for the storms to come to us.

So far, we have not been disappointed. Last year the Derecho left us without power for two days, and a tornado blew over the top of us a few years ago, two years ago one went through just South and one of the businesses we'd been to lost their roof, and not long after we moved back here a straight line wind took down a tree in the back yard.

I find it fascinating to watch storm chasers, especially at the start of storm season when they tend to chase some powerful storms.

Is it just me or do we not see as many now? It can be quite dangerous to take part in storm chasing so understandable if many choose to take that step back.

There isn't any where I live.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom