What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Solar Eclipse

freakofnature

Under there

There will be an annular solar eclipse on Saturday morning. https://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/solar/2023-october-14

Anyone here in the path of totality? It will just be a partial eclipse where I am. I thought about trying to photograph it but I don't have a proper solar filter. Still, I'm excited about it and I hope it's not cloudy. :D

I hope it's not cloudy
Every freaking astronomical event wherever I am, it's cloudy. Or else I'm unprepared. I've watched two partial eclipses with makeshift pinhole projectors (one was a colander lmao). Tomorrow expecting heavy rain.

I know a guy who is heading to New Mexico to catch it. I was fairly close to the path of totality for the 2017 eclipse. It fell on my wedding anniversary and we were vacationing in Utah. Not sure how much we even get here in Ontario with this year's. Need to check.

Every freaking astronomical event wherever I am, it's cloudy. Or else I'm unprepared. I've watched two partial eclipses with makeshift pinhole projectors (one was a colander lmao). Tomorrow expecting heavy rain.
Ugh, tell me about it. The one that stands out for me was the Saturn/Jupiter conjunction in 2020. Closest conjunction of those planets in 800 years and it was cloudy. I got some nice photos a few days before and after but I missed the actual conjunction.

I know a guy who is heading to New Mexico to catch it. I was fairly close to the path of totality for the 2017 eclipse. It fell on my wedding anniversary and we were vacationing in Utah. Not sure how much we even get here in Ontario with this year's. Need to check.
Depending on where you are in Ontario it looks like around 20-25% obscuration.

I really regret not travelling to see the 2017 eclipse. I've never seen a total solar eclipse. Apparently there was one where I lived when I was 5 but I have no memory of it.

Depending on where you are in Ontario it looks like around 20-25% obscuration.
Not that it will be visible, at least based on the current forecast.
Apparently there was one where I lived when I was 5 but I have no memory of it.
I forget exactly how old I was other than I was in primary school but they actually kept us in (no recess or outdoor lunch) during one because they were afraid we would look at it (probably somewhat justified). We watched the eclipse coverage on a TV.

Not sure how visible any part will be from where I am at but I ordered my eclipse glasses and will be out there watching regardless.

100% obscuration here...by clouds.
AlwrACS.gif
As of last night the forecast on my app said mostly sunny this morning so go figure. At least it's just a partial eclipse. If it was total, I'd be livid.

I didn't know about it, but it was cloudy today anyways so I wouldn't have seen it. I'm thankful I got to see the solar eclipse from 2017 though, I didn't work that day since I worked at Walmart and had Mondays and Tuesdays off then.

I think Eclipses are great and all but last time I threw on the Eclipse shades and went out for a look, I got one of the worst headaches I've ever had. Not doing that again.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom