What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Social media you still use

Dollhouse

Off Topix Veteran
Elite Member

What social media do you guys still use? I don't think these days most social media platforms don't have the "WOW" factor anymore like they used to so I'm just curious of what social media that people (especially who still go on forums) still use these days.

I use Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr (just to blog) and Mastodon. I mostly use forums to interact with people though, it's so much more fun. Now that I think about it, I only use social media to discover new music. Haha.

I still use Facebook.

Twitter

Facebook only for chatting with one local friend. Twitter to follow specific artists, Instagram to post many pictures of my cats and to look at hilarious memes (as well as to keep in touch with family and friends), Reddit/Imgur for entertainment, and Discord for chatting/RPing. That's about it.

- Facebook (for keeping in contact with real-life friends)
- Reddit (does that count? IMO it's really more of a halfway-house between social media and forumming. And I only use it for a couple of specific subreddits about my interests, i.e. I use it in the way I'd use forums)
- YouTube (but I don't actually engage in the 'social' aspect of it: I'm just there to watch videos about things that interest me. So again, does that count?)

Only Facebook and Pinterest. I am boycotting YouTube until they stop bullying me over disabling my adblocker.

I stopped using it all together. It's all manipulated to keep you addicted among other things, it's straight up manipulation. Everything is fake. I feel most of these places like Twitter and Youtube are mostly filled with bots. Oh someone has tens of millions of followers but barely has any engagement? Those followers are mostly bots. All the trending lists are faked too.

I'm pretty active on Facebook and Instagram. I watch videos from time to time on YouTube, but I wouldn't really say I'm active there.

I used to check Facebook, but I hardly go there anymore. I watch some YouTube videos, maybe funny animals, cooking videos, and music, but that's about it. I have Instagram, but I never use it.
Instead, I prefer to just go and read something. Lately, I don't do it often because I've started to be more active on forums again.
But before that, it was always something about history and fashion. Now, these don't go together. But anyway.:LOL:

Some forum sites and Youtube is about it. The writing sites where I post my stories, but those are kind of a mix of social media and a forum.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom