What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Snowflake culture

Merciless

Graphic Designer
Elite Member

I’m going to warn you before reading: this is more of a rant and if you’re easily offended don’t read on, oh lord this could get me into trouble.

I really do sometimes struggle to live in a world full of people that get offended over literally anything, all you have to do is open Facebook to see literally 1000s of people that have been offended today, it doesn’t matter what happens or what has been said someone will be offended, in fact I bet someone will even get offended at this.

The rant actually comes from the fact I called someone a she the other day, the person 100% looked like a female and she had a right go at me for “misgendering” them, I tried to apologise but nooooo that wasn’t enough, it’s actually so sad where the world is going, now i always do my best to support anyone but if you look like a female or you look like a male and you get called she or he how the fuck is that my fault, what do you want me to do read your mind?

Furthermore why the fuck is it my problem? I don’t ask people to call me “lord or sir” do I?

Then you’ve got those that just complain at everything, they order food, it took a little longer than expected “wheres the manager” every time, I honestly have a serious problem with these people it’s so annoying who do they think they are? You’re literally in McDonald’s love not Gordon Ramseys restaurant.

The list really does just go on and on and on, there’s literally snowflakes and people getting offended over literally nothing everywhere, I actually hate what this world is fast becoming, it’s a world full on bitches and pussies who cannot handle reality.

Rant over, hope I didn’t offend anyone

I’m going to warn you before reading: this is more of a rant and if you’re easily offended don’t read on, oh lord this could get me into trouble.

I really do sometimes struggle to live in a world full of people that get offended over literally anything, all you have to do is open Facebook to see literally 1000s of people that have been offended today, it doesn’t matter what happens or what has been said someone will be offended, in fact I bet someone will even get offended at this.

The rant actually comes from the fact I called someone a she the other day, the person 100% looked like a female and she had a right go at me for “misgendering” them, I tried to apologise but nooooo that wasn’t enough, it’s actually so sad where the world is going, now i always do my best to support anyone but if you look like a female or you look like a male and you get called she or he how the fuck is that my fault, what do you want me to do read your mind?

Furthermore why the fuck is it my problem? I don’t ask people to call me “lord or sir” do I?

Then you’ve got those that just complain at everything, they order food, it took a little longer than expected “wheres the manager” every time, I honestly have a serious problem with these people it’s so annoying who do they think they are? You’re literally in McDonald’s love not Gordon Ramseys restaurant.

The list really does just go on and on and on, there’s literally snowflakes and people getting offended over literally nothing everywhere, I actually hate what this world is fast becoming, it’s a world full on bitches and pussies who cannot handle reality.

Rant over, hope I didn’t offend anyone
I know you're not trying to be funny, but, ohmygosh this just cracks me up. I LOVE the term "snowflake" in it's most current meaning.

I know you're not trying to be funny, but, ohmygosh this just cracks me up. I LOVE the term "snowflake" in it's most current meaning.
Mate I ain’t even trying to be funny lol, I hate those people man and yeah the word snowflake used to be so magically now it’s just twat who’s always offended

Mate I ain’t even trying to be funny lol, I hate those people man and yeah the word snowflake used to be so magically now it’s just twat who’s always offended
Totally agree with you; I may have gone off on a rant or two about this myself.

if you’re easily offended don’t read on
It takes A LOT to offend me so don't worry about me. :p
It really exhausting dealing with all the complainers and easily offended people of the world.
Sounds like that person just loves confrontation. I'll bet they are just waiting all day for someone to call them by the wrong pronoun so they can go off on whoever is in their path.
It's not your problem.
then you’ve got those that just complain at everything, they order food, it took a little longer than expected “wheres the manager” every time, I honestly have a serious problem with these people it’s so annoying who do they think they are? You’re literally in McDonald’s love not Gordon Ramseys restaurant.
Those are Karens! They are everywhere! :LOL:
That's for sure!

It takes A LOT to offend me so don't worry about me. :p

It really exhausting dealing with all the complainers and easily offended people of the world.

Sounds like that person just loves confrontation. I'll bet they are just waiting all day for someone to call them by the wrong pronoun so they can go off on whoever is in their path.

It's not your problem.

Those are Karens! They are everywhere! :LOL:

That's for sure!
Its all crazy, I always try to respect everyone and treat everyone equally, the world makes it really hard to live a peaceful life sometimes.

Its all crazy, I always try to respect everyone and treat everyone equally, the world makes it really hard to live a peaceful life sometimes.

Try not to let them bother you. Shrug it off and go about your day, them getting mad is their problem, not yours.

Lordness? You know what I think of the so called 'upper' classes! 🤬

I am 100% on your side. There is always some whiny oversensitive bloody snowflake,grabbing their box of tissues to go and sit in their safe space,bawling their eyes out. If you look female then I shall call you she..male..he..you can identify as a boiled egg for all I care,but if you LOOK male/female then that is what you are.

I am 100% on your side. There is always some whiny oversensitive bloody snowflake,grabbing their box of tissues to go and sit in their safe space,bawling their eyes out. If you look female then I shall call you she..male..he..you can identify as a boiled egg for all I care,but if you LOOK male/female then that is what you are.
That last part of your sentence comes off as a bit transphobic... Not everyone who is trans can pass well, so what they look like doesn't necessarily mean that's who they are. I'm not defending the person Merciless talked about, it's people like that person who give me and other trans people a bad rep, if someone misgenders me, I simply correct them, they apologize and I say it's fine and move on from the conversation. Now if someone keeps purposely misgendering me I will definitely get annoyed after a while and explain more harshly that it's disrespectful.

Now if someone keeps purposely misgendering me I will definitely get annoyed after a while and explain more harshly that it's disrespectful.
After your harsh explanation do they change their behavior?

After your harsh explanation do they change their behavior?
Usually, if not then I continue reminding them until they finally change. Or I just end up ignoring them and stop talking to them. No reason to continue engaging with someone who refuses to listen after all.

Usually, if not then I continue reminding them until they finally change. Or I just end up ignoring them and stop talking to them. No reason to continue engaging with someone who refuses to listen after all.
Yeah, if someone is going to keep disrespecting you, then its perfectly acceptable to drop them from your life.

So the person you ‘misgendered’..were they actually female ?

it's the generation of entitlement, all "about me" and no care for anyone else. It's very frustrating to intentionally be "self-muzzled" in order to not offend the "easily offended" culture.

I have to agree with @Ravenfreak above, not all of us pass well and that doesn't mean because we look more masculine or more feminine that's who we are. Now the person Merciless is talking about, that's 100% just someone looking for trouble. When someone misgenders me, I correct them politely and give them the benefit of the doubt. If it persists, then I ignore or I get angry because it's deliberate at that point. One time slip-ups, though? No, you don't fly off the handle at that.

That last part of your sentence comes off as a bit transphobic... Not everyone who is trans can pass well, so what they look like doesn't necessarily mean that's who they are. I'm not defending the person Merciless talked about, it's people like that person who give me and other trans people a bad rep, if someone misgenders me, I simply correct them, they apologize and I say it's fine and move on from the conversation. Now if someone keeps purposely misgendering me I will definitely get annoyed after a while and explain more harshly that it's disrespectful.

Apologies..it’s the way I am.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom