What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Should science in high school be optional?

Olivia

Tell me about it
Thread Creator

Should science in high school be optional?

Do you think science class is beneficial for students in high school?

Why or why not?

I think science (s) should be required; some kids will "get it" and some will not, but all kids need the exposure and they can decide whether or not to continue on with more. :)

I think science (s) should be required; some kids will "get it" and some will not, but all kids need the exposure and they can decide whether or not to continue on with more. :)
This. Science should be mandatory.

Agreed. Science needs to be mandatory. It helps children develop intellectually and to have an over all awareness of everything in the world around them.

If it was optional, not many of the kids I went to school with would choose to take it.

Yes, I absolutely agree that sciences should be required at high school. I equally apply this to both the natural and social sciences as I think both are crucial to gain a solid foundation. I think a lot of issues which come about in conversations come from people lacking a foundational scientific literacy.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom