What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Posting on other forums

Dead2009

Off Topix Veteran
MOTM

I wanted to post this on my profile as a means of venting but there's a character limit lol

I know I'm new here and what not, but I was just chewed out on another forum for only posting in their "chit chat" section by the owner of the forum (even though what I was doing wasn't against the rules), and then proceeded to tell me not to post anywhere else to make up for it (it was a theme park forum). Like the other sections, I have nothing to contribute to. Much like here, and other forums, if something doesn't spark my interest in the conversation, I'm not gonna add my 2 cents. If my posting starts to become a problem, please let me know, lol.

I wanted to post this on my profile as a means of venting but there's a character limit lol

I know I'm new here and what not, but I was just chewed out on another forum for only posting in their "chit chat" section by the owner of the forum (even though what I was doing wasn't against the rules), and then proceeded to tell me not to post anywhere else to make up for it (it was a theme park forum). Like the other sections, I have nothing to contribute to. Much like here, and other forums, if something doesn't spark my interest in the conversation, I'm not gonna add my 2 cents. If my posting starts to become a problem, please let me know, lol.

I am guilty of this too. I join a lot of other forums just because I am a forum lover / supporter and I want them to thrive. I may even join a forum who's niche I am not interested in just to give them another notch on their belt (in terms of stats). On those forums I might only stick to their off topic section and if I get a warning or a talking-to from a staff member for not being more involved then I'll just delete that forum from my bookmarks and stop visiting. Obviously they don't appreciate the time I took out of my day to be there so they aren't worth my time.

As for here, we love to see members getting involved in any conversations they want and encourage it. Feel free to chat away!

:gathering:

On a forum for a YouTube that I used to like, I only participate in the off topic discussions. This was due to some drama that happened just a month after I joined.

Yeah I was told that all of my posts this year so far are in one section, and that the section in question was only an extension of the main board. Then what's the point ya know?

That’s ridiculous and I don’t understand why it was such a big deal with that owner smh. That owner should learn how to be a better a forum owner. As a forum owner, I appreciate every member that joins and posts in any section as they’re contributing to the forum’s growth and appeal. Without members, a forum won’t last. I’m sorry that you had to experience that!

Yeah I was told that all of my posts this year so far are in one section, and that the section in question was only an extension of the main board. Then what's the point ya know?

Tell him, so what? Tell him that you're going to post how you want to post and they can delete your account if they don't like it. :p

south park cartman GIF

Oh I wiped my account and signed out lol.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom