What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Podcasts

The Dragon Master

The one and only Dragon Master
Elite Member

For those who listen to Podcasts, which do you listen to? Why do you listen to them?

What are your favorite podcasts?

I'm a huge fan of Mind Pump, Monsters Among Us and Levar Burtons Reads.

I love comedy podcasts.

Your Moms House
Bad Friends
Joe Rogan
Whisky Ginger
Danny Brown Show
Honey Dew - Ryan Sickler
Where my moms at?
Two bears one cave
Uncle Joey's Joint
This Past Weekend
Tiger Belly
Monday Morning Podcast - Bill Burr
Viral Podcast - Chelcie Lynn
Josh Potter Show
Dr Drew After Dark
George Perez Stories
Bertcast

I tend to go through phases where I really love listening to podcasts and then those when I go off them. Mine are usually politically focused. Since we have our elections next year in New Zealand I really need to get back into listening to my NZ podcasts I like.

For NZ politics

Podcasts I listened to for particular classes

I do. I enjoy a podcast called Intelligence Matters.

The host is a former acting director of the CIA.

It is very interesting and keeps me updated on foreign affairs that I feel are important to stay updated about.

It's fairly neutral when it comes to politics, too, which I like a lot. One-sided shows are going to be biased and more opinion than fact.

That sounds like could be boring or interesting, I suppose I'll have to give it a listen and find out for myself.

Yeah, it depends on what you like.

My first degree heavily concentrated on Homeland Security and Intelligence studies. I don't exactly work in those fields as a career but I still get into those topics and know what's what.

Here lately the topics have been about nuclear weapon usage and China, two topics I think are very important to know about.

And hosted by a gay guy :p

Yeah, it depends on what you like.

My first degree heavily concentrated on Homeland Security and Intelligence studies. I don't exactly work in those fields as a career but I still get into those topics and know what's what.

Here lately the topics have been about nuclear weapon usage and China, two topics I think are very important to know about.

Sounds interesting. :ponder:

Dan Savage is also well known for adding this to the English language....
The campaign for the neologism "santorum" started with a contest held in May 2003 by Dan Savage, a sex columnist and LGBT rights activist. Savage asked his readers to create a definition for the word "santorum" in response to then-US senator Rick Santorum's views on homosexuality and comments about same sex marriage. In his comments, Santorum had stated that "In every society, the definition of marriage has not ever to my knowledge included homosexuality. That's not to pick on homosexuality. It's not, you know, man on child, man on dog, or whatever the case may be."

Savage announced the winning entry, which defined "santorum" as "the frothy mixture of lube and fecal matter that is sometimes the byproduct of anal sex." He created a web site, spreadingsantorum.com (and santorum.com), to promote the definition, which became a top internet search result, displacing the senator's official website on many search engines, including Google, Yahoo! Search, and Bing.

I don't listen to podcasts. They're just incredibly boring to me. I'd rather listen to music or an audiobook.

What podcasts have you tried?
A good amount. I can't remember specifics. It was back when podcasts really started taking off, but I've tried listening to several and they just end up getting boring. Some are better than others if I really like the people, but I'm very picky.

I should listen to more audiobooks. I tried a couple and those got boring to me.

@Nebulous, you gotta' listen to this....

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom