What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Our 'local' atmosphere

passenger

֍ Along for the ride.
Elite Member
Retired Moderator

Just an amazing snippet of the amazing Milky Way.

That's awesome! I'm trying to improve my Milky Way photography but I don't get out much to do it.

Amazing :)

That's awesome! I'm trying to improve my Milky Way photography but I don't get out much to do it.
So cool that you are in a place where you can see the Milky Way really well!
Here's another shot that just blows me away; I have it set as my background pic right now. :cool:

bT7xR1W.jpg

That's gorgeous!

These are a few examples of my work.

My first attempt ever. I thought it was awesome at the time.
Gs6N07H.gif

I took these when I was camping and farther away from city lights

Out by a country church not far from the city

Through a lens ball

Next summer I'm hoping to get out to the Alberta Badlands and/or Grasslands National Park and trying some Milky Way shots there. :)

It is rare and amazing when I can see the Milky Way. I live in the land of light pollution.
Sky is overcast during EVERY meteor shower.
Seeing the northern lights is on my bucket list.
But now I have a longing just to see the Milky Way

It is rare and amazing when I can see the Milky Way. I live in the land of light pollution.
Sky is overcast during EVERY meteor shower.
Seeing the northern lights is on my bucket list.
But now I have a longing just to see the Milky Way
'Tis a wonderful sight!

So are Northern Lights when/if you can catch them. We have moved to 'town' now, in a valley - elevation 700' from an elevation of 1800', so I don't think that's possible from the house; would have to drive to a nearby hill with a clear view to the north at the right time & just hope for a big "happening". :cool:

And another one. :D

(Correction: This is actually St Michael's Mount in Mount's Bay, Cornwall, England.)

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom