What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Info Off Topix Discord Server

Nebulous

Maintenance Man
Administrator
Founder

Last edited:
I am not allowed on Discord. Too dangerous

This is my opinion.

This forum does not need a Discord. I can mention four forums that died out because all the activity shifted to the Discord server that they made. We already have a chatbox so a discord server gives this forum no advantage. I think this is a bad idea and should not be implemented.

This is my opinion.

This forum does not need a Discord. I can mention four forums that died out because all the activity shifted to the Discord server that they made. We already have a chatbox so a discord server gives this forum no advantage. I think this is a bad idea and should not be implemented.
I pray that this lovely forum will never switch to Discord. That would make me leave

This is my opinion.

The way I see it, some of our members are already there and are going to be there regardless. If they join our server, they'll be reminded of this forum’s existence on a regular basis and it will remind them to come back here, especially if we’re linking back to interesting threads here on a regular basis (which I plan to do).

Our priority is this forum, giving our members multiple ways to connect with each other (shoutbox, discord, etc) just increases bonds and promotes a more close-knit community.

:grouphug:

I'll see if I still have an account with Discord. I started one for something else but rarely used it so have not been there in quite some time. Not something that really interests me. My various forums are already taking up too much time, to be honest.

Well, you accomplished one thing. You reminded me of why I wasn't using my Discord account :whistles: (now queued for deletion). :D Too chatty and social media for me. I prefer a nice threaded forum for discussions.

I prefer forums because i type slow and can take my time but i may joing later when not busy.

I prefer forums because i type slow and can take my time but i may joing later when not busy.
That's part of my issue with chat type social media, too. I also find that the way discussion flows hard to follow vs. a forum or similar.

That's part of my issue with chat type social media, too. I also find that the way discussion flows hard to follow vs. a forum or similar.
I thought it was just me ... a reason i don't prefer chats very hard to follow

just a big HUH? from me. have no clue what this post means.

Discord is an external website that allows people to create and participate in chatrooms (they call them servers).

If you’re not interested in that then feel free to disregard this message.

If you are interested, make an account on discord.com and then join our chat room here: https://discord.gg/MXUvJxqymM

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom