What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Nikki Haley drops out

Mad Hatter

I'm as crazy as a shithouse rat!

Too bad as I supported her. I am from Montana and my girl is from California. I live 3 hours drive from the northern border and am working up in Canada at the moment. My job gets us our working visas and we both applied for the FPCA (Federal Post Card Application) which means that in November we can just mail in our ballots. I'm going to vote for Trump now and my girl is going for Biden.

We are both trying to convince each other to vote the other way. It gets heated sometimes between us when we talk politics. When she gets irate, that's when I shut up.;)

Last edited:
Alex Trebek GIF by Jeopardy!

I'll take "individuals who sabotaged their own political futures in the GOP" for 500, Alex....

Did anyone honestly expect her to beat Trump anyway? When everyone essentially dropped out after the 2nd primary, you knew Trump was unbeatable.

Did anyone honestly expect her to beat Trump anyway? When everyone essentially dropped out after the 2nd primary, you knew Trump was unbeatable.
I've always been one to support the underdog. When a battle is tough it just feels better somehow. I am combative by nature and the tougher the slog, the more entertaining/interesting it is. So what if she didn't win? It was great fun listening to her bashing those two old geezers who nobody really wants.:LOL:

I mean youre supposed to care if she didnt win to be honest lol.

I mean youre supposed to care if she didnt win to be honest lol.
Getting too involved with politics is for fools. We make our own destinies in life. Do you really believe what those snake oil salesmen are selling you?...C'mon now bro.

you knew Trump was unbeatable.
As Haley opined, "We don't have coronations."
Problem for her is that, given how 2020 went down, people wanted to put Trump in the presumptive nominee's position out of spite for Biden, Haley, etc.

I think she realized she couldn't win, so she decided to just throw in the towel lol.

I was waiting for her to leave. Knew it’d happen . No way she’d beat Trump like others say… sadly :(
I suspect Trump might be taking back the presidency before long. People are not happy with Biden.

I did want Nikki Hayley to win because I don't like Biden or Trump. I think they're both bad presidents. Do I think Biden is going to lose? yes. But then again, I guess we'll both have to sit back and see how this election turns out to see if my suspicion is wrong.

I did want Nikki Hayley to win because I don't like Biden or Trump. I think they're both bad presidents. Do I think Biden is going to lose? yes. But then again, I guess we'll both have to sit back and see how this election turns out to see if my suspicion is wrong.
Just a few things to consider as Biden was blamed for bad economy:

1) This may be due to circumstances rather than the PM’s own doing.
2) The PM often is impacted the consequences of the previous PM’s decisions, but it’s the person currently in power who’s under scrutiny.
3) The PM doesn’t have a blank slate due to biases based on successes and failures by the party led by a different PM.

The funny thing about Nikki is that a lot of her voters were actually democrats who would never vote for her and exit polls showed that 92% of Haley voters thought Biden was doing great. XD

Just a few things to consider as Biden was blamed for bad economy:

1) This may be due to circumstances rather than the PM’s own doing.
2) The PM often is impacted the consequences of the previous PM’s decisions, but it’s the person currently in power who’s under scrutiny.
3) The PM doesn’t have a blank slate due to biases based on successes and failures by the party led by a different PM.
1) Yes. The chairman of the Federal Reserve has more power over the economy than the president.

2) Biden has shown that consequences of the previous president could be wiped out day 1. I could see maybe putting blame on the previous president 1 year in but if you are still blaming the previous president after 2-8 years(like Obama) then you have no one else to blame but yourself and I wouldn't take it seriously.

The funny thing about Nikki is that a lot of her voters were actually democrats who would never vote for her and exit polls showed that 92% of Haley voters thought Biden was doing great. XD

1) Yes. The chairman of the Federal Reserve has more power over the economy than the president.

2) Biden has shown that consequences of the previous president could be wiped out day 1. I could see maybe putting blame on the previous president 1 year in but if you are still blaming the previous president after 2-8 years(like Obama) then you have no one else to blame but yourself and I wouldn't take it seriously.
As for 1, what about rampant inflation due to the war in Ukraine and the attacks by Houthi rebels on shipping? That’s no fault of Biden for sure

As for 1, what about rampant inflation due to the war in Ukraine and the attacks by Houthi rebels on shipping? That’s no fault of Biden for sure
Agreed, he cannot be blamed for that. People tend give the president too much credit for the economy both good or bad. All modern presidents and 99.9% of congress don't even know how our monetary system even works. They all think inflation is rising prices.

Although both he and Trump can be blamed for creating Trillions during covid and handing them out(of which the people just got pennies).

Agreed, he cannot be blamed for that. People tend give the president too much credit for the economy both good or bad. All modern presidents and 99.9% of congress don't even know how our monetary system even works. They all think inflation is rising prices.

Although both he and Trump can be blamed for creating Trillions during covid and handing them out(of which the people just got pennies).

Um, inflation is rising prices. Which leads to higher wages, which again leads to higher prices, and so on and so forth. It’s a never ending cycle

Um, inflation is rising prices. Which leads to higher wages, which again leads to higher prices, and so on and so forth. It’s a never ending cycle

Yeah we just need to get used to looking at higher numbers, the numbers don't really mean anything. :p

Prices go up but that isn't what inflation is. Inflation is currency creation in greater proportions than goods and services. Prices rising are merely a symptom of inflation.

And prices are not going up because goods and services are going up in value, they are going up due to the currency you use losing its value.

Inflation isn't something that just happens and can't be controlled. It is literally a policy by the government to pay for things they can't afford. It is legalized counterfeit, which makes it legalized theft.

Prices go up but that isn't what inflation is. Inflation is currency creation in greater proportions than goods and services. Prices rising are merely a symptom of inflation.

And prices are not going up because goods and services are going up in value, they are going up due to the currency you use losing its value.

Inflation isn't something that just happens and can't be controlled. It is literally a policy by the government to pay for things they can't afford. It is legalized counterfeit, which makes it legalized theft.

Thankfully my job has been helping us out with the cost of living raises so inflation doesn't seem as bad as it could be (to me at least)

Oh yea ofc, i guess ppl just aren’t precise in their vocabulary aha.

Actually i define inflation as the value of a currency going down. This inflation causes prices to rise and the government to print money, fuelling further inflation :p
Post automatically merged:

Thankfully my job has been helping us out with the cost of living raises so inflation doesn't seem as bad as it could be (to me at least)
Good for you! Most of us been getting 2% raises within the company I work for 😕

Why not?
I feel like there’s a witch hunt against Biden due to Trump supporters

As opposed to the witch hunt against Trump his entire 4 years in office?

Oh yea ofc, i guess ppl just aren’t precise in their vocabulary aha.

Actually i define inflation as the value of a currency going down. This inflation causes prices to rise and the government to print money, fuelling further inflation :p
Post automatically merged:

Good for you! Most of us been getting 2% raises within the company I work for 😕
Yep and 2%, blah. That is the Fed's target inflation rate(no where near of course) but it only takes 36 years at 2% for your currency to lose half its value.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom