What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Forum Nightmare Shift | Community for Horror and Dark Storytelling

McConnaughay

An Instant Classic
Elite Member

BlackandWhiteNightmareArtworkforMetalLogo3.png

Welcome to the Nightmare Shift - clock in today!
https://NightmareShift.com

Nightmare Shift is a new forum community dedicated to all things horror and of a dark subject matter. It will offer a platform to discuss various things, including manga, movies, videogames, books, and more. The website will also offer a platform for peoples' Podcasts, Reviews, as well as Interviews with various different artists.

The website has already (retroactively) played a part in the creation of two Anthology books - Readers Digested, Vol. 1 and Readers Digested, Vol. 2, and development on a third followup is underway.

Earlier this year, I created a community called Dustjacket Social, with the intent of celebrating storytelling of all different shapes and sizes. Although it was a failure, I feel I learned a lot from the experience. I hadn't run a forum community in over a decade and have also found a lot of what I want to do is 'at odds' with a lot of what today's forums are doing. I want my community to effectively function as a tool (a feat that will take time, money, and resources) as well as a community, and I want to use it as a launchpad for other ventures like certain projects from my book publishing company, Podcasting, etc. I decided that, in order for my idea to work, I needed to scale back my ambition. Focus on what I have always been passionate about or good at - horror.

There will be some kinks to work out in the coming days, weeks, and months, but I realized a lot of what I want to do will be dependent on the participation of others and making that first initial leap.​

Looks nice! Best of luck. :)

While I'm not into horror, I know many people are fans of this genre. Best of luck with your forum :)

While I'm not into horror, I know many people are fans of this genre. Best of luck with your forum :)
We sure are. (Although, it isn't only horror, and will also be a haven for discussion on darker subject matter like crime dramas, etc.) Thanks!

Thank you for sharing your site with us! Hope it continues to do amazing! :)

St Patricks Day Good Luck GIF by Jess Stempel

Excited to announce author Ashley Grant will be publishing her novel Empty Cargo with us in 2024. The author previously appeared in our anthologies Readers Digested, Vol. 1 and Vol. 2.

We sure are. (Although, it isn't only horror, and will also be a haven for discussion on darker subject matter like crime dramas, etc.) Thanks!
That is interesting. Do you have subjects that deal with i.e. Forensics? I have always been fascinated with the show Forensic Files.

That is interesting. Do you have subjects that deal with i.e. Forensics? I have always been fascinated with the show Forensic Files.
I wouldn't say we have anything that delves too deeply in forensic crime fiction, per se.

Roughly speaking,

81TUETZ7CNL._CLa%7C2903,2048%7C71E+wtMZIRL.jpg%7C0,0,1448,2048+1455,0,1448,2048_._SY300_.jpg

Horror
1.) Catherine: Forever with Love (Supernatural / Surrealism / Black-Comedy) by McConnaughay (me)
2.) Lunacy's Dance (Supernatural / Surrealism) by McConnaughay
3.) Readers Digested, Vol. 1 (Anthology)
4.) Readers Digested, Vol. 2 (Anthology)
5.) Empty Cargo (a Dracula-based horror novel) by Ashley Grant --- Coming Soon
6.) Black & Yellow (sort-of a superhero / horror hybrid) by McConnaughay

81JQM++XlhL._CLa%7C3138,2560%7C91HkoXD4aoL.jpg,91kQQcotzpL.jpg%7C0,0,1426,2560+1712,0,1426,2560+713,0,1712,2560_._SY300_.jpg

Fantasy

1.) The Wardens (Assassin fantasy) 1-3 by Scott Moore
2.) The Uprising Chronicles (apocalyptic fantasy) 1-3 by Scott Moore
3.) Malik the Bard (young-adult fantasy) 1-3 (4 coming soon) by Scott Moore
4.) The Red Flux & the Wunderkind Thief (Thief dark fantasy) by McConnaughay (the sequel comes out in the next month)
5.) Katalene the Hollow (dark fantasy) by McConnaughay
6.) The Heir 's Brother (dark fantasy) by McConnaughay

61gAd6olEOL._SL1500_.jpg

Crime

52 Corpse Pick Up (serial killer mystery / black-comedy) by McConnaughay

61z0+ue63eL._CLa%7C1200,1006%7C714sysMCogL.jpg,71QKL2B3FNL.jpg%7C0,0,545,1006+655,0,545,1006+272,0,655,1006_._SY300_.jpg

Mystery
1. The Canes Files
2.) The Canes Awaken
3.) The Canes Perception
4.) The Canes Agenda (coming soon)

This topic is either offline and/or has not received an update or a reply in about 2 months (or more). Therefore, we have moved it to the Inactive Threads section of the Promotion Directory forum. If you'd like your advertisement thread unarchived, you can either reach out to a staff member and ask for your thread to be moved back or you can create a brand new promotion thread for your site if you like.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom