What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Never happy no matter what

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark

Have you ever had that friend, loved one, or partner that is unhappy all of the time?

What are some methods that you do to try and make them happy?

I try to be silly, but that just gets my people even more angry.

Yes and I stopped doing anything when I realized it wasn't going to work. There comes a point when nothing makes them happy it's more of a personal problem that they probably have to figure out on their own.

Lately, that's how I've been feeling, but I don't show it so I don't spoil anyone's day

Last edited:
Nobody can make another person happy. But how do you know that person is "unhappy"? Having a quieter or more introverted personality often results in others ASSUMING you are "not happy" because you are not an outwardly expressive person. I have had many years of being attacked by the Smile Police. People who judge my face, tell me to "smile". Like I am supposed to mainipulate my face to suit someone's false presumptions about my mood ? It's ridiculous. I don't go about telling the Sunshine pumpers to tone it down or smile less. My face is my face. And i can't help how my genes formed together lol. Nor do i have the need to be "happy'. I don't chase "happiness". I don't describe or live my life in terms of happiness. I don't buy into the "Positivity" movement. I think we should feel ALL of our feelings. Glad, mad, sad, etc. That's real life to me. And there are times I feel joy and excitement , etc but I don't necessarily go about with that on my face.

So anyway, sorry for going on a tangent there. But, happiness is an indivual thing. So someone else's baseline is perfectly fine for them but from your perpective you may see "unhappy" when they really are not.

Nobody can make another person happy. But how do you know that person is "unhappy"? Having a quieter or more introverted personality often results in others ASSUMING you are "not happy" because you are not an outwardly expressive person. I have had many years of being attacked by the Smile Police. People who judge my face, tell me to "smile". Like I am supposed to mainipulate my face to suit someone's false presumptions about my mood ? It's ridiculous. I don't go about telling the Sunshine pumpers to tone it down or smile less. My face is my face. And i can't help how my genes formed together lol. Nor do i have the need to be "happy'. I don't chase "happiness". I don't describe or live my life in terms of happiness. I don't buy into the "Positivity" movement. I think we should feel ALL of our feelings. Glad, mad, sad, etc. That's real life to me. And there are times I feel joy and excitement , etc but I don't necessarily go about with that on my face.

So anyway, sorry for going on a tangent there. But, happiness is an indivual thing. So someone else's baseline is perfectly fine for them but from your perpective you may see "unhappy" when they really are not.

You sound like you'd be a hit at parties. :p

I worked occasionally with two guys who were always miserable. They never smiled or talked with anyone unless someone approached them. This went on for years and I guessed depression. The company reorganised and one had to move. The next time I saw him he was all smiles and never stopped smiling so I asked him why. He told me he was miserable because he didn't like or get long with the guys he was working with before. It was the same with the second guy, he didn't like the job he had been doing and was now doing a different job.

I worked occasionally with two guys who were always miserable. They never smiled or talked with anyone unless someone approached them. This went on for years and I guessed depression. The company reorganised and one had to move. The next time I saw him he was all smiles and never stopped smiling so I asked him why. He told me he was miserable because he didn't like or get long with the guys he was working with before. It was the same with the second guy, he didn't like the job he had been doing and was now doing a different job.

I've been miserable with certain co-workers in the past. When an opportunity to move would present itself I would jump on it. A change of scenery can be nice.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom