What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

My stupid depression!

Dollhouse

Off Topix Veteran
Elite Member

I hate the fact that I was so depressed. Especially during the time I was studying abroad in 2020-2021. Sure, covid was to blame, but I think my depression also played a big part in my unhappiness during my time there. If I wasn't so depressed, I could've enjoyed more things, I could've had more energy to do some exciting stuff, but I did not really because of that stupid depression and now my time is up. I also hate myself for kind of using my studying abroad as an "escape" and healing for my depression. But no, it only made it so much worse. I could've waited for maybe a year or two before I finally decide to pursue further education. Maybe I could've gotten a much better job. Now I feel like back then every decision I made had something to do with my depression, sadness, and unhappiness. I'm so full of regrets.

I know how you feel, I live in my depression daily. I get near the edge and right up to it frequently. You can get through anything. We're always here for you :hug:

I hate the fact that I was so depressed. Especially during the time I was studying abroad in 2020-2021. Sure, covid was to blame, but I think my depression also played a big part in my unhappiness during my time there. If I wasn't so depressed, I could've enjoyed more things, I could've had more energy to do some exciting stuff, but I did not really because of that stupid depression and now my time is up. I also hate myself for kind of using my studying abroad as an "escape" and healing for my depression. But no, it only made it so much worse. I could've waited for maybe a year or two before I finally decide to pursue further education. Maybe I could've gotten a much better job. Now I feel like back then every decision I made had something to do with my depression, sadness, and unhappiness. I'm so full of regrets.
I know how you feel, I live in my depression daily. I get near the edge and right up to it frequently. You can get through anything. We're always here for you :hug:
Hang in there peeps! Sorry to hear you're struggling :hug:
Golden Girls Reaction GIF

I was in a funk after my divorce for a while. I believe that finding things that make me happy is what got me through it. You just have to take it one day at a time.

I've lived a lot of my life with clinical depression, all of it medicated, in some fashion (pharmaceutical or self-medication). The thing that I've found most helpful in defeating rumination (thoughts about the past, usually negative) is mindfulness meditation tracks.

I was in a funk after my divorce for a while. I believe that finding things that make me happy is what got me through it. You just have to take it one day at a time.
Sounds like some solid advice.
I've lived a lot of my life with clinical depression, all of it medicated, in some fashion (pharmaceutical or self-medication). The thing that I've found most helpful in defeating rumination (thoughts about the past, usually negative) is mindfulness meditation tracks.
Sorry to hear you have to deal with that. Just out of curiosity, how do you self-medicate?

I still have depression and it sucks. I'm always in my head with things...

I still have depression and it sucks. I'm always in my head with things...
I know exactly how that goes. If you ever need to chat, my inbox is always open!

I just hit a low. It sucks when you don't even care enough to cry. Just want to listen to some Tom Waits but I can't be bothered to hit the Spotify icon.

I just hit a low. It sucks when you don't even care enough to cry. Just want to listen to some Tom Waits but I can't be bothered to hit the Spotify icon.
I hear you there, that catatonic feeling. Depression is fun!

I know the feeling, how depression can weigh you down, make you want to end it all... :hug:
Just know, @Dollhouse, that we're here for you, okay?

…I’m so sorry for what you go through @Dollhouse …there is nothing that will change how you felt during that studying time and COVID truly was a time that had such an impact on mental health of children and adults…I guess that the loss of control over our lives and environments and choices etc just intensified the negative emotional energy in our mindsets and thought processes…what we can work on, though is the here and now and trying to prevent or minimise any feelings of regret now …because it’s such a damaging thing to have that feeling and all of your actions and choices were right at the time within the restrictions you were placed under….there is nothing to regret at all…please don’t let that regret be something that holds any control over your life or emotions now….different people respond to different things and I don’t know if you’ve ever tried any Cognitive Behaviour Therapies…it’s not a one size fits all so not something that everyone can relate to but I know that it’s been something that’s helped many people…talking to your doctor/GP about different therapies would be a good thing…wishing you lots of positive energy….

I'm not good enough at anything. I am out of touch and don't have any interest in being in touch. I don't even have the energy to cry.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom