What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Most Hated Companies

Dee

Platinum Member
Elite Member
Retired Moderator

Aside from the obvious Comcast (and for me Verizon Wireless), what are some companies you absolutely detest and why?

Hobby Lobby :p

Verizon and Comcast make the top list for me. Verizon is just like Comcast in that it forces its customers to pay out the ass and the nose, and sign over their first born child just to be able to use their services. It's funny, though. I can get relatively okay service and pay less than half of what I paid at Verizon, and not get locked into a contract elsewhere, which I'm doing now. Assholes.

Verizon, Bank of America, Comcast, Time Warner Cable

Yeah, those.

KAGE-008 said:
Verizon, Bank of America, Comcast, Time Warner Cable

Yeah, those.

Are you able to utilize all their services where you live?

Nebulous said:
Are you able to utilize all their services where you live?

Bank of America for some reason was involved into the retirement of Intel from my country. Verizon existed at some point in CR but wasn't successful.

If I had to mention some from where I live, I'd say RACSA (their internet connection is somewhat slow) and Teleplus Cable.

apple............im not a sheep with too much money to spend on inferior gizmos

DrLeftover said:
I'm fine despising Comcrap.

That's enough for me.

If you get cable, internet or phone through them, you must not hate them that much. :p
Unless they are the only provider of one or more of these services in your area.

Dee said:
what are some companies you absolutely detest and why?

One company comes to mind for me here: News Corporation. Why? Well, in the case of News Corporation, its' principally one of their subsidiaries, Fox News that I detest; not only is most of their news (and I use that term loosely) not-fit-to-broadcast but there's been numerous examples of how they've either outright lied about various things or deliberately spin things/misquote things to make it look as though someone said or did something that they didn't (among other things)..even when they've been called on the carpet about it, they just shrug it off and keep going like no one over there even cares.

Nebulous said:
DrLeftover said:

That's enough for me.

If you get cable, internet or phone through them, you must not hate them that much. :p
Unless they are the only provider of one or more of these services in your area.

We managed to get out from under them and use Newwave.

DrLeftover said:
Nebulous said:
DrLeftover said:

That's enough for me.

We managed to get out from under them and use Newwave.

:party: Are they better?

Newwave is fantastic and I recommend then to anybody who has the option.

http://www.newwavecom.com/

There is only one that is anywhere near as bad as Comcast when it comes to their relationship with customers.

hooved-satan.jpg

Beelzebub Cable and Internet

Don't have the option over here. Won't let me get past the "Check Availability & Pricing" page.

I shop at Wal-Mart even though I hate that place. I'm on a budget and they're the cheapest place in town for a lot of things....

Nebulous said:
I shop at Wal-Mart even though I hate that place. I'm on a budget and they're the cheapest place in town for a lot of things....

Dollar store!

Heh, the dollar store does have some good things, but a lot of stuff is terrible quality and very small portions (of whatever it is I am buying) in the packages.

There's only a handful of things I buy there only because they're much cheeper than anywhere else. I got my son a new smart phone for $20 and $40 a month no contract. Can't beat that IMO.
And never buy any food there it's the worst quality ever! I hate walmart food. Even the milk is nasty! Eeww!

Their food is overpriced (surprisingly). Local grocery stores always beat their prices

Cox. Every other day cable/Internet goes out. Paying for spotty service. They are just better than other services but that's not saying much.

There is a local restaurant chain around here that SUCKS!!! I've been there literally 20 times over the years and every single time I've gone my food was not good. Someone I know suggested we go there recently and I talked them out of it. :p

VerticalScope. The most hated forum software. (I had bad experiences) ask me and I will explain

Monsanto ... "Better Living Through Chemistry" :rolleyes:

Newwave cable has since been bought out by Cable One.

Their price has nearly doubled, customer service has gone the way of the Mastadon (when you call for service, half the call is spent telling some zombie to skip the upsell of new packages and services and take the repair request), and you get nowhere near the advertised bandwidth that you are paying for.

For me it's UPS. Way back in the day I moved from BC to Manitoba and used them to ship my bike there. I never got my bike and they refused to take any responsibility for losing it. I've had a vendetta against them every since. Then number of years ago I bought a model horse from an American seller. They shipped it to me via UPS and UPS made me pay $50 for "brokerage fees" before they would let me have it because it was an international shipment. Pissed me off all over again.
8FXbeLE.gif

Apple. They overprice all their products, and I'm not a fan of iphones.

I don't prefer android products (would rather have an iPhone) but I don't hate android phones. I just don't want one. :p

Newwave cable has since been bought out by Cable One.

Their price has nearly doubled, customer service has gone the way of the Mastadon (when you call for service, half the call is spent telling some zombie to skip the upsell of new packages and services and take the repair request), and you get nowhere near the advertised bandwidth that you are paying for.

I hate when ONE company is the only company you can use and you don't have any other options.

For me it's UPS. Way back in the day I moved from BC to Manitoba and used them to ship my bike there. I never got my bike and they refused to take any responsibility for losing it. I've had a vendetta against them every since. Then number of years ago I bought a model horse from an American seller. They shipped it to me via UPS and UPS made me pay $50 for "brokerage fees" before they would let me have it because it was an international shipment. Pissed me off all over again.
8FXbeLE.gif

Sorry to hear that happened. Hope it wasn't an expensive bike.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom