What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Mitch McConnell To Step Down As Senate Republican Leader

Webster

Retired Snark Master
Administrator

(The Guardian) Top Senate Republican Mitch McConnell will step down in November
Mitch McConnell, the Republican Senate minority leader who has made a lasting imprint on conservative politics in the United States, will step down from his leadership post in November, the Associated Press reports.

“One of life’s most underappreciated talents is to know when it’s time to move on to life’s next chapter,” McConnell will say in remarks from the Senate floor today, according to the AP. “So I stand before you today … to say that this will be my last term as Republican leader of the Senate.”

McConnell plans to serve out his term representing Kentucky, which ends in January 2027.

Why doesn't Mitch rent a bus and take the rest of those over the hill geezers with him? Surely there must be a high end old folks home somewhere in the D.C.area?

Did you see that footage of Biden talking into an ice cream cone yesterday on the news? He thought that it was a microphone. When they handed him a real microphone he tried to lick it like an ice cream cone. I believe that he must of been off of his anti dementia pills again.:eek:

@Webster This is me when I've just read this article.
Fresh Prince Of Bel Air Dance GIF

@Webster This is me when I've just read this article.
Fresh Prince Of Bel Air Dance GIF
I wouldn't dance too soon; given the seats that are up this November, odds are his successor will be Senate Majority Leader.

Good! This guy was the slimiest snake.
No argument there but McConnellwill be remembered, my friend, for three people: Neil Gorsuch, Brett Kavanaugh and Amy Coney Barrett.

Those three will be on the High Court likely through the rest of my lifetime and given who's most likely to be replaced as the years go on, they won't be the only younger justices there either.

Here's one person, @NeoMetallix, who won't replace Cocaine MItch....

(The Guardian) Third-ranking Senate Republican Barrasso won't run to replace McConnell
Senator John Barrasso of Wyoming has decided not to run for Senate Republican leader to succeed Mitch McConnell, and instead will run for the No. 2 position of whip, according to multiple reports.

Barrasso, 71, is the third-ranking Senate Republican as chairman of the Senate Republican Conference and relatively popular with the Republican right. He endorsed Donald Trump in January and has the closes relationship with the former president of the “three Johns”.

His decision not to run for Senate GOP leader means the race is now effectively between senators John Thune of South Dakota and John Cornyn of Texas, although Barrasso’s departure could pave the way for another Trump ally to throw their hat in the ring.

Senator Rick Scott of Florida met with Trump on Monday night amid speculation that he could launch a bid for leader. Trump has also privately urged Steve Daines of Montana to run for the position, Axios reported.

I would be happy about this, but he'll just have another psychotic, heartless, gutless, rat sack of shit younger than him to step in his place and start the cycle over again.

I would be happy about this, but he'll just have another psychotic, heartless, gutless, rat sack of shit younger than him to step in his place and start the cycle over again.
*deadpans* Tell us how ya' really feel.... :LOL:

Thats what I was going to say. It is a never ending cycle.

• Love
Reactions: Dee

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom