What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

MA Senator Calls on U.S. To Block Arms Sales to Israel

Webster

Retired Snark Master
Administrator

(The Guardian) Elizabeth Warren said that she would block the sale of F-15s to Israel after an Israeli strike killed seven aid workers, the Hill reported.

The Massachusetts senator said that Congress had a “responsibility to act” and accused Israel of violating laws that require an access to humanitarian relief, during an interview with CNN News Central. -- I think it is clear that Congress has a responsibility to act. We have legal tools here. And as I said, we cannot approve the sale of arms to a country that is in violation of our own laws on this. And that includes access to humanitarian relief…This is a moral question, it is also a legal question. Congress has responsibility here and I’m willing to take that responsibility…

Warren did not confirm if she is putting legislation on the floor to block any potential sale. When asked, Warren said: Actually, let’s put this in a slightly different context. We already have an established U.S. policy here.

Warren’s comments come as the US is preparing to sell Israel up to 50 F-15 fighter jets, 30 medium-range Air-to-Air Missiles, and other weapons, the Hill reported.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom