What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark

Anyone ever like this show?

There was an American adaptation to it called "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers" which is lame in comparison. In my opinion Super Sentai is leagues better.

It does look just like power rangers! Thats cool. :clap:

It does look just like power rangers! Thats cool. :clap:
lol yea, they're the true and original power rangers. The Saban rangers used footage from Sentai. Copy and pasted. Saban used US actors to fill in the gaps for the dialogue scenes. It's just the Japanese cast in the zyuranger fights with the clay monsters for 3 seasons. It was heavily edited.

YES! Super Sentai, so good :). Always so much better than Power Rangers, but I still love Power Rangers :D

lol yea, they're the true and original power rangers. The Saban rangers used footage from Sentai. Copy and pasted. Saban used US actors to fill in the gaps for the dialogue scenes. It's just the Japanese cast in the zyuranger fights with the clay monsters for 3 seasons. It was heavily edited.

Yeah I was talking to @tonychu about this earlier and he was saying the same thing.

YES! Super Sentai, so good :). Always so much better than Power Rangers, but I still love Power Rangers :D

Apparently its the same show, same monsters, same fight scenes. I heard the yellow ranger in their version was a dude though.

Yeah I was talking to @tonychu about this earlier and he was saying the same thing.

Apparently its the same show, same monsters, same fight scenes. I heard the yellow ranger in their version was a dude though.
Yep, very much the same show, just repackaged with new characters and the storylines were modified quite a lot.

They call him Boi. Each Zyuranger represents their tribe and were chosen to receive their power from the guardian beast gods.

They call him Boi. Each Zyuranger represents their tribe and were chosen to receive their power from the guardian beast gods.

I wonder why they made him a girl in the American version? To be more inclusive?

I wonder why they made him a girl in the American version? To be more inclusive?

I have no clue. I can't find any source on why they changed gender. I actually liked Boi. He's a good character. Here are some comparisons between him and Trini.

Also....you can watch the show for free on YouTube. There's a playlist. I actually felt it was better.

I have no clue. I can't find any source on why they changed gender. I actually liked Boi. He's a good character. Here are some comparisons between him and Trini.

Also....you can watch the show for free on YouTube. There's a playlist. I actually felt it was better.

Interesting list. I heard the actress that played the yellow ranger passed away a long long time ago too. RIP

Yep, very much the same show, just repackaged with new characters and the storylines were modified quite a lot.

Having watched Super Sentai and then watching Saban's version, I can't say that I agree. There are some major differences between the original Japanese show and the American adaptation. In the Japanese version, the Mega Zord is a deity named Daizeyuzin who gave the Zyurangers their powers. The Zyurangers are knights who are millions of years old. Each knight was chosen by Daizeyuzin was selected from different tribes.

The dinosaur spirits sometimes refuse to aid the Zyurangers in their time of need.

Bandora is Daizeyuzin's sworn enemy.

Prince Geki and the Zyurangers had to go through great lengths to get their legendary weapons from the Land of Despair. It was a trial given to them by Daizeyuzin to demonstrate that they were worthy to be his champions. While Zordon automatically just gave the Power Rangers their legendary weapons.

Zordon and Alpha 5 are only part of the american adaptation as well as Lord Zedd and are from another galaxy while SS Zyuranger is more fantasy (dungeons and dragons) like.

Jason and the other rangers were just randomly chosen by Zordon. Prince Geki and his comrades were trained by their tribes and spiritually chosen by their deity.

Prince Byurai, the dragon zyuranger was already chosen by the Dragon Caesar and was already evil. He was Prince Geki's (the tyrano Zyuranger) brother and wanted to rule the world as well as murder his brother. He chose to ally with Witch Bandora (Rita Repulsa) temporarily to achieve this goal. He chose out of his own free will to wield the evil legendary sword Hellfriede as his weapon to gain more power. He never becomes the White Deiranger unlike Tommy Oliver as that is a completely different character from Gosei Super Senta Deiranger and Bandora is not the villain in that show.

Kou is a child and is the Kibaranger.

Shadam is the new antagonist in the Deiranger series. Not Bandora.

I htink Saban's power ranger show is leagues different by comparison and are far from being the same thing.

Having watched Super Sentai and then watching Saban's version, I can't say that I agree. There are some major differences between the original Japanese show and the American adaptation. In the Japanese version, the Mega Zord is a deity named Daizeyuzin who gave the Zyurangers their powers. The Zyurangers are knights who are millions of years old. Each knight was chosen by Daizeyuzin was selected from different tribes.

The dinosaur spirits sometimes refuse to aid the Zyurangers in their time of need.

Prince Geki and the Zyurangers had to go through great lengths to get their legendary weapons from the Land of Despair. It was a trial given to them by Daizeyuzin to demonstrate that they were worthy to be his champions. While Zordon automatically just gave the Power Rangers their legendary weapons.

Zordon and Alpha 5 are only part of the american adaptation as well as Lord Zedd and are from another galaxy while SS Zyuranger is more fantasy (dungeons and dragons) like.

Jason and the other rangers were just randomly chosen by Zordon. Prince Geki and his comrades were trained by their tribes and spiritually chosen by their deity.

Prince Byurai, the dragon zyuranger was already chosen by the Dragon Caesar and was already evil. He was Prince Geki's (the tyrano Zyuranger) brother and wanted to rule the world as well as murder his brother. He chose to ally with Witch Bandora (Rita Repulsa) temporarily to achieve this goal. He chose out of his own free will to wield the evil legendary sword Hellfriede as his weapon to gain more power. He never becomes the White Deiranger unlike Tommy Oliver as that is a completely different character from Gosei Super Senta Deiranger and Bandora is not the villain in that show.

I htink Saban's power ranger show is leagues different by comparison and are far from being the same thing.
Well, yeah, story wise they're radically different, I won't disagree with that. I guess what I meant there was that they repackaged Super Sentai scenes and added Westernized characters and plots

Well, yeah, story wise they're radically different, I won't disagree with that. I guess what I meant there was that they repackaged Super Sentai scenes and added Westernized characters and plots

Too bad they couldn't just take it and give Super Sentai English Dub instead. SS Zyurangers and Goesie Sentai Dairanger were a masterpiece. I have to say that I really liked Kou seeing as he was a pretty perverted kid and downright likable lol.

Sentai does such a great job of telling a good story. It's still a kids show and it still has over the top monsters, but the story is so much better. It's a shame we never got that in English, but I still hold a soft spot for Power Rangers

Sentai does such a great job of telling a good story. It's still a kids show and it still has over the top monsters, but the story is so much better. It's a shame we never got that in English, but I still hold a soft spot for Power Rangers

I don't know. Some parents might not agree. Because there's some major occult stuff midway through the show. Bandora is a witch follower of Dai-Satan. She worships him. They cut a lot of that out for Fox's MPPR because...you know how superstitious some Americans are. Most Xtian parents would flip shit if they walked in on their kid watching this episode.

Ep. 30: Satan Comes!!

Yeah, I suppose that's true. Have to cater to reactionary people

Sounds like their story was more interesting than ours. :ponder:

Sounds like their story was more interesting than ours. :ponder:
Absolutely true for each and every season of Super Sentai vs Power Rangers. So much more effort was put into the storylines

Absolutely true for each and every season of Super Sentai vs Power Rangers. So much more effort was put into the storylines
I wonder which franchise made more money? :ponder:

Sentai, has to be. It was around long before Power Rangers and has a huge following still

Me thinks power rangers probably made more, just in merchandise here in the states alone they made someone very very rich. Every kid was a power ranger for halloween back in the day.

Me thinks power rangers probably made more, just in merchandise here in the states alone they made someone very very rich. Every kid was a power ranger for halloween back in the day.
Very possible, but remember that Sentai had a good nearly 20 years on Power Rangers to gain an audience and sell merchandise. Power Rangers definitely made people like Haim Saban rich, no question, and it was absolutely massive in the 90s and early 00s, but Sentai's been consistent. It could be pretty close!

Very possible, but remember that Sentai had a good nearly 20 years on Power Rangers to gain an audience and sell merchandise. Power Rangers definitely made people like Haim Saban rich, no question, and it was absolutely massive in the 90s and early 00s, but Sentai's been consistent. It could be pretty close!

We'll have to do some research instead of just speculating. :D

animation film GIF by POKÉMON Detective Pikachu

This song didn't have much meaning to me when I was a kid. But after 30 years with the passing of Thuy Trang and Jason David Frank, it's both nostalgic and sad.

It's a true reminder, isn't it? Somber.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom