What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Kids and money

Randy

Aw, awww!
Thread Creator

If you have kids, are you doing anything specific to teach your kids about personal finance?

If your kids are grown, did you ever teach them about money?

Did your parents ever teach you anything about money?

Don't have kids, but my sister's partner teaches her kid about money in a really fun way. If she's good she earns a coin, if she's bad she loses a coin. It costs her 7 coins to go to her favourite trampoline place. Teaching her to be good or not get her way, also teacher her the value of her coins...so it's sort of teaching her about the value of money, at least at a basic level, she is only 5 lol

Each person has their own approach to teaching kids about finance. In my opinion, when they are young, there's no need for very complex concepts. It's more about them observing and learning from your actions. Lead by example, make sound financial decisions, and the kids will naturally pick up on these habits as they grow up in the household.

I did this with my son, and it turned out really well. He's surpassed my financial skills.
Despite being just 19 when I became a mother, I did my best, even though I was still quite young and inexperienced.

I'll teach him basics as a youngster but in high school I will introduce him to how the system really works.

Amazon product

"
This is the classic exposé of the Fed that has become one of the best-selling books in its category of all time. Where does money come from? Where does it go? Who makes it? The money magician's secrets are unveiled. Here is a close look at their mirrors and smoke machines, the pulleys, cogs, and wheels that create the grand illusion called money. A boring subject? Just wait. You'll be hooked in five minutes. It reads like a detective story – which it really is, but it's all true. This book is about the most blatant scam of history. It's all here: the cause of wars, boom-bust cycles, inflation, depression, prosperity. Your world view will definitely change. Putting it quite simply, this may be the most important book on world affairs you will ever read. 608 pages.

The 5th Edition includes a no-holds barred analysis of bank bailouts under the Bush and Obama Administrations that are shown to be nothing less than legalized plunder of the American people. Many other updates have been added, including a revision to the list of those who attended the historic meeting at Jekyll Island where the Federal Reserve was created."

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom