What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

If your city were a breed of dog...

If your city were a breed of dog, which breed would it be?

• a) Jack Russell – small, tough, opinionated

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • b) Tibetan Mastiff – or some other very rare breed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • c) German Shepherd – poised and elegant, but rather hardy

• d) Poodle – beautifully presented, but a bit of a poser

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • e) Golden Retriever – warm, cuddly and great with children

• f) Pit Bull Terrier – scary, but kind deep down

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • g) Labradoodle – or some other cute hybrid

• Total voters

Randy

Aw, awww!
Thread Creator

If *your city* were a breed of dog, which breed would it be?

I vote: Pit Bull Terrier – scary, but kind deep down

Poodle – beautifully presented, but a bit of a poser
I wish my city was beautiful. Its ugly and full of gangsters & crack heads.

My specific neighborhood is nice though.

This excuse for a city lives off its former glory, some better days that are now long gone. Mayors come and go, each promising restoration of the city to its former glory, but each ends up doing absolutely nothing other than lining their pockets with money (gee, what a surprise) and blaming their predecessor for, surprise, surprise, being too passive and doing nothing.

Despite the decay, city is advertised as a promised land, a tourist Meka. Every summer it's full of boozers who vomit and pass out wherever they happen to find themselves at the moment.

I don't live in the city itself, though, but at one of the small places that administratively belong to it. I work in it, though, so I'm there every work day.

Last edited:
This excuse for a city lives off its former glory, some better days that are now long gone. Mayors come and go, each promising restoration of the city to its former glory, but each ends up doing absolutely nothing other than lining their pockets with money (gee, what a surprise) and blaming their predecessor for, surprise, surprise, being too passive and doing nothing.

Despite the decay, city is advertised as a promised land, a tourist Meka. Every summer it's full of boozers who vomit and pass out wherever they happen to find themselves at the moment.

I don't live in the city itself, though, but at one of the small places that administratively belong to it. I work in it, though, so I'm there every work day.

Aww that sounds like such a shame. Hopefully the right people will be in charge of things one day and restore it to its former glory.

Personally, I don't care, but it would be nice to at least do something about the horrible traffic jams that occur when entering / exiting the city, especially during summer when the city is crawling with tourists. Also, parking spots. The number of cars keeps increasing, but the number of available parking spots stays the same, or even lowers.

Personally, I don't care, but it would be nice to at least do something about the horrible traffic jams that occur when entering / exiting the city, especially during summer when the city is crawling with tourists. Also, parking spots. The number of cars keeps increasing, but the number of available parking spots stays the same, or even lowers.
Same where I live, we don't have the proper infrastructure to accommodate all these people! Everything was built 50+ years ago when there was a fraction of the people we have now.

That's the problem, yes. Everyone are aware of it, but no one does anything about it. In the meantime, population keeps increasing. Oy vey...

Batman Facepalm GIF by WE tv

That's the problem, yes. Everyone are aware of it, but no one does anything about it. In the meantime, population keeps increasing. Oy vey...

Batman Facepalm GIF by WE tv

Our probably here is the people in charge have very short terms, they only can be in office for like 2 or 4 year terms, so they focus on small things the can accomplish in a short amount of time. Nobody has any long term goals or solutions to anything.

Our politicians have short term memories, As soon as they get elected, they forget all their campaign promises. How quaint.

If *your city* were a breed of dog, which breed would it be?
Jack Terrier 'cause all of us are a bunch of opinionated :censored: .....

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom