What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

I don't like it, so I'm going to ruin it for everyone else!

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark

Have you ever come across something you really liked such as a movie, a game, or a book? But there's that one party of people that hate on it obsessively and try to get it cancelled?

Do you wish those people would just quit taking it so personally, ignore it, and move on with their lives?

Have you ever come across something you really liked such as a movie, a game, or a book? But there's that one party of people that hate on it obsessively and try to get it cancelled?

Do you wish those people would just quit taking it so personally, ignore it, and move on with their lives?
So I just found out that there is a "haters" YouTube channel for people who dislike my favourite singer. They want the band she is in to dump her and go back to her predecessor (who has her own share of haters, to be honest). Waste of time and I tend to ignore people who just seem to be focused on what they don't like instead of what they do.

For the record, I like both singers, even if I prefer the current one. Singers are Floor Jansen (current) and Anette Olzon (prior) of Nightwish.

I've actually never come across this, (or at least not to that extreme).

I do remember when I was a kid, I went to see a children's show (part of a birthday party I think), and as soon as it had finished, the girl came on the PA system and said, (in the most boring, uninterested voice) awwww, is it all over?. Well, I guess you can all go home now

I'm never going to forget that..

Singers are Floor Jansen (current) and Anette Olzon (prior) of Nightwish.
Did you forget, Tarja Turunen. She was the first lead vocals, with an amazing voice. Check out the album once song Ghost Love Score. Anette Olzen was brought in in 2007 to give the band a more modern tone. One of her songs I like is Amaranth from Dark Passion Play As for the new girl I haven't heard her yet lol

But yes! I have had someone ruin something for me but they were being an ass about it. My mother ruined Game of Thrones for me lol.

Not so much in real life, but online people have found that having a counter view is very nice for monetization. I'm sure there are true haters out there, but most just seem to do it for views.

Did you forget, Tarja Turunen. She was the first lead vocals, with an amazing voice. Check out the album once song Ghost Love Score. Anette Olzen was brought in in 2007 to give the band a more modern tone. One of her songs I like is Amaranth from Dark Passion Play As for the new girl I haven't heard her yet lol

But yes! I have had someone ruin something for me but they were being an ass about it. My mother ruined Game of Thrones for me lol.
The hate group specifically wanted Anette back so there was no reason to mention Tarja (she goes by just her first name in her solo career). I am a huge Tarja fan, both solo and with Nightwish, and her Live From Metal Church album may be my favourite live album of 2023.🙂

Anti-bronies. I can't stand anti-bronies. Basically, they hate people who like My Little Pony, and they stereotype anybody who likes the "Generation Four" Friendship is Magic show specifically as being weirdos and creeps (and things so much worse I won't post them here). And they tend to be incredibly ableist -- there's an anti-brony channel called "MLP autism channel", to give you an idea of HOW ableist -- as well as sexist (they mostly just hate My Little Pony fans who happen to be male and pretend female fans don't exist). They hate on and waste their life making fun of people for liking a cartoon show. I have no respect for people who would hate another person over something as trivial as what shows they like to watch. Seriously, it's just a TV show.

The hate over My Little Pony got SO bad that I almost stopped watching it even though it's my favorite show. Even people I know who used to like MLP turned against it because of the negative stereotypes anti-bronies spread. It's sad. Just let people enjoy what they want, and if you don't like it, find something positive to do instead of trying to make other people's lives miserable.

Oh, and there was also an anti-Pokémon movement in the late 90's and early 2000's, but it died a long time ago. I got into some debates with anti-Pokémon people when I was a kid and they mostly just made insulting comments about how young I was and called me stupid. I rarely came across anyone who hated something so much that they defined themselves by what they hated who was a nice person.

I don't care about what i don't like ... if what i enjoy watching is not cancelled all good ... the most i say about something i dont like, or watch is ...who is watching this but i will never do anything .. i can never understand why some people will go that far for something that does not even affect their life

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom