What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

How often do you have issues with your internet?

Shortie

Dedicated Member

Issues with my internet are not something that happens often, when it does happen I know for sure that it is an issue on the ISP's end rather than on my end.

I believe the last time I had any issues with my internet was earlier in the year when my speeds were not where they should be and making contact with my ISP got that fixed as soon as they were able to.

How often do you have issues with your internet?

Not often. I use a small regional provider but one of the big providers does the "last mile" (ie. the connection to the house). Last major problem was the fault of contractors (ironically. they were laying fibre optic cable for another provider) cutting the cable to the house. Otherwise, it's been pretty good.

I honestly can't remember the last time I had an issue with my internet, so it's pretty rare.

Maybe once a month? It's usually my router is being a dick and I just have to restart it. It did that yesterday or the day before and things were fine. Modem was working fine. No issues. Fixed in a few minutes.

Maybe once a month? It's usually my router is being a dick and I just have to restart it. It did that yesterday or the day before and things were fine. Modem was working fine. No issues. Fixed in a few minutes.

About the same here. I used to live in a really bad area and I was constantly having to unplug it and replug it in. If that didn't work, I was calling up my internet provider and complaining.

Not often at all .

Yes, all the time, Cox sucks but it's the main thing. Just the other day there was an outage.

Here at home the connection and equipment is rock solid and we haven't had any issues that weren't fixed with a simple power cycle.

However, I am also the tech department down at the church, which has a business account with the same provider, AND they decided years ago to have the VOIP over the same connection.

Fortunately the board members that thought that having the voice line over the internet connection have long since died off, or THEY would be the ones dealing with this nightmare.

The connection for both the net and the phone dies, when there is an inbound call it has been known to knock the wifi router off or cause horrible lag which then pisses off the printer that is hanging off the network,, the voice mail on the IP has NEVER worked, and so on.

It's gotten to the point that the church treasurer does her stuff at home before the monthly board meeting because she says she can't make it work well enough to print the bank statements, if somebody calls in or out, she loses everything.

Here at home the connection and equipment is rock solid and we haven't had any issues that weren't fixed with a simple power cycle.

However, I am also the tech department down at the church, which has a business account with the same provider, AND they decided years ago to have the VOIP over the same connection.

Fortunately the board members that thought that having the voice line over the internet connection have long since died off, or THEY would be the ones dealing with this nightmare.

The connection for both the net and the phone dies, when there is an inbound call it has been known to knock the wifi router off or cause horrible lag which then pisses off the printer that is hanging off the network,, the voice mail on the IP has NEVER worked, and so on.

It's gotten to the point that the church treasurer does her stuff at home before the monthly board meeting because she says she can't make it work well enough to print the bank statements, if somebody calls in or out, she loses everything.
That’s ridiculous. Imagine working customer support?

That’s ridiculous. Imagine working customer support?

I worked on a support helpdesk for ten years. I know all about how it works, or at least how it is supposed to.

Our cable company USED TO BE a smaller semi-local outfit called NewWave. They had EXCELLENT customer support, with operators that spoke American English and were in the same time zone as their customers. And when you had a problem, there were times when they had the ticket out to a field tech in a truck before you were done with the call, and you barely had time to go potty before some guy with a tool belt was ringing your doorbell.

NewWave was bought out by CableOne a few years ago.

They took Customer Service lessons from ComCrap. Which means, they NO LONGER HAVE anything that could reasonably be called Customer Support.

The first option on their robot answering machine is about billing, then they have an upsell recording about adding junk to your account that you neither want nor need when you have a problem with your service.

Our cable company USED TO BE a smaller semi-local outfit called NewWave. They had EXCELLENT customer support, with operators that spoke American English and were in the same time zone as their customers. And when you had a problem, there were times when they had the ticket out to a field tech in a truck before you were done with the call, and you barely had time to go potty before some guy with a tool belt was ringing your doorbell.
This is where we are; have been for several years.
After "serving time" on AOHell for a few years with non-English-speaking support I really, really love dealing with our local company.
I've noticed lately, however, that their service area is expanding. Sure hoping that they don't get.....as grandparents used to say, "Too big for their britches."
...all progress is not forward

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom