What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

How long before you recover from being yelled at?

Maybe consider why you're being yelled at and what upset the person enough to do so.

Just a suggestion.

Maybe a day but that is not a problem ... what worse is when another day i feel not the best i end up thinking about this days and that is more worse ...
If i yelled at and think and know for sure that i done nothing wrong does not take me long maybe few minutes just more angry about it ...

Maybe consider why you're being yelled at and what upset the person enough to do so.

Just a suggestion.

Depends on how well you know the other person, if its out of their character to yell at you, then yeah I would wonder what I did.

If its a random or a hot-head then I wouldn't give it any second thought, I'd just move on with my day.

How long before you recover from being yelled at?

10 seconds? I've been yelled at so much in my life that it doesn't phase me.

Depends on who's yelling at me. My boss? That's pretty fuckin' stressful and it might take me a while to recover. My mom? Lol, I'll just yell right back. A stranger? Fuckin' psycho. Go on with my day.

It depends. At work, by patients: usually by the end of the day I'm over it. By coworkers (never happened before) : I think it would take me quite a few days. I take things so personally and try my best to do a good job so I would be very upset. By boss: I'd cry instantly lmao. I'd try to keep it in but my lip would start to tremble and I hate that and knowing it's trembling will send me crying. But as for recovering from it, it'd be the same as if coworkers yelled at me.

If it's a stranger, I'd think about it that same day maybe before bed time but then I'm also done with it.

Depends on a lot of factors. If it is in the heat of an argument, I probably just yell back. If it is out of the blue, I'll be taken aback for a bit. If it is someone I know, it will be different from a rando. If it is someone I know is capable of losing their cool, it will be less of a surprise and therefore less recovery time than if it is someone I would not expect it of.

When someone yells at me it takes me days to recover. I feel like a total shit.

Maybe a day or more myself. Whenever I've gotten my ass chewed out by my mother or my grandmother and they really give me the message that I've royally screwed up, it hits me hard. One day I got bitched at real real bad and for the whole day, I didn't talk to anyone. I was just sitting there at work existing. I was depressed. I felt like shit. My co-workers would take one look at me and know something was wrong.

I depends on the situation. If I've done something to deserve it, or if I've done something to hurt someone, then I'm crushed for days, possibly longer. I don't do well being the asshole, it's just not who I am. If I've gotten yelled at for something silly, I'm ok. If it's something where I know I'm not in the wrong, I'm usually ok, as well. It's all situational.

I've been yelled at a lot. Normally it's by emotionally immature people. The ones who react rather than think. I'd say it takes me a few days to a week to get over. I Normally confront them right away on the bad behaviour and remind them they aren't a child and use words without irrational ton. Or i walk away. Let them yell at themselves. Yelling is very inappropriate and childish. Be stern or serious but to yell and scream... no need for it. Yelling at a situation to let off steam, sure but yelling AT someone, stupid.

When I was younger, a teenager, it would take me a minute to recover. As an adult, anyone who knows me knows that if you need, have something to talk about, etc you do not try to get your point across by yelling at me. It does not work. If I've done something wrong, having an adult conversation back and forth is more productive than yelling. I don't tolerate that from anyone.

When I was younger, a teenager, it would take me a minute to recover. As an adult, anyone who knows me knows that if you need, have something to talk about, etc you do not try to get your point across by yelling at me. It does not work. If I've done something wrong, having an adult conversation back and forth is more productive than yelling. I don't tolerate that from anyone.
Good shout 👍 What you tolerate is what you receive. Teach ppl to respect you from walking away from those you disrespect you. That’s self-respect 🫡

Depends on a lot of factors. If it is in the heat of an argument, I probably just yell back. If it is out of the blue, I'll be taken aback for a bit. If it is someone I know, it will be different from a rando. If it is someone I know is capable of losing their cool, it will be less of a surprise and therefore less recovery time than if it is someone I would not expect it of.
Me too.
It depends. At work, by patients: usually by the end of the day I'm over it. By coworkers (never happened before) : I think it would take me quite a few days. I take things so personally and try my best to do a good job so I would be very upset. By boss: I'd cry instantly lmao. I'd try to keep it in but my lip would start to tremble and I hate that and knowing it's trembling will send me crying. But as for recovering from it, it'd be the same as if coworkers yelled at me.

If it's a stranger, I'd think about it that same day maybe before bed time but then I'm also done with it.
Same. I wish I were better at holding in my tears . Emotional intelligence to the game!!!

In general, no matter who, when I get yelled at unexpectedly, I get an anxiety attack. I have sensory issues when it comes to sudden loud noises.

If the roasting is justified, I will accept it. If it's not, I will yell back, especially if the person is someone I neither like nor respect. In that situation, I might even get violent.

If the roasting is justified, I will accept it. If it's not, I will yell back, especially if the person is someone I neither like nor respect. In that situation, I might even get violent.
Removing yourself from the heated situation is a vital life skill.

Violence is never justified with the exception of self-defence.

The thing is though, True, I have an uncontrollable Irish temper and to just let it go is not in my makeup.

I don't really know that I want to change, True. At my age, it's too ingrained in me and also if I start ignoring it, people will just take advantage of me.

I don't really know that I want to change, True. At my age, it's too ingrained in me and also if I start ignoring it, people will just take advantage of me.
There’s a difference between being nasty and self-respect. They don’t both go hand in hand.

I recommend removing yourself from the situation. I tend to ignore or at the very least avoid ppl who don’t respect me. Sometimes they learn in which case great, if not… good riddance :) !

It depends on the situation. A boss once yelled at me for asking a colleague to check something in the evening (the boss was not available in the office that week, and the colleague had guard duty), and it took me a few hours. People closer to me, it takes longer. If it's really bad, it can take me hours to a day before I'm even able to speak. The words are there in my mind but I can't get anything out.

Hahaahaha, I won't feel even half as bad as the guy who just finished yelling at me, because I'll have given him 5 or 6 rapid shots to the head. (not kidding, been in lots of fights) :verymad: If it's a woman I just smile and walk off but will seek revenge in other ways.:cool:

Last edited:
It can take me up to a week. I’m sensitive. I will also cry on the spot for you. :sadcry:

Depends on what im being yelled at over.

Depends on what im being yelled at over.
Because you were too slow stocking the shelves at Target!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
.....just kidding :p

You need recovery from being yelled at? I have heard of needing recovery after sex, an accident, pregnancy, a tragic event like death, or after a sports injury..

But being yelled at?

Seriously?

How does that work?

Is it like after care from a brutal BDSM play?

I'm not trying to be funny, I am genuinely confused, because this is unheard of for me..

Aside from children, those with mental or emotional issues and people who live in or come from abusive homes, and other situations like that, who needs recovery from being yelled at?

As for me, I don't respond to being yelled at, I just ignore the person and walk away, and leave them looking like an idiot, and if they touch me, all bets are off.

Either way, whether I tell you off to your face for yelling at me or walk away you will still end up looking like an idiot.

You need recovery from being yelled at? I have heard of needing recovery after sex, an accident, pregnancy, a tragic event like death, or after a sports injury..

But being yelled at?

Seriously?

How does that work?
It depends on what is or was your normal, and how that wired your brain.

But being yelled at?

Seriously?

How does that work?

Is it like after care from a brutal BDSM play?

I'm not trying to be funny, I am genuinely confused, because this is unheard of for me..

Aside from children, those with mental or emotional issues and people who live in or come from abusive homes, and other situations like that, who needs recovery from being yelled at?

As for me, I don't respond to being yelled at, I just ignore the person and walk away, and leave them looking like an idiot, and if they touch me, all bets are off.

Either way, whether I tell you off to your face for yelling at me or walk away you will still end up looking like an idiot.

Some people are sensitive I suppose.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom