What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

How do you prefer to pay for purchases?

Randy

Aw, awww!
Thread Creator

How do you prefer to pay for purchases? With cash, a credit card, or some other payment method? Why?

Usually a credit or debit card, sometimes apple pay with my phone. I hardly carry cash anymore.

I do both; depending on what it is.

Depending on where I am, if it's for a product, most likely with my debit card. If it's a restaurant or online purchase, I'll usually buy it with my credit card for points

Depending on where I am, if it's for a product, most likely with my debit card. If it's a restaurant or online purchase, I'll usually buy it with my credit card for points
Gotta love those cash back rewards! I think I get 2.5% back on one of my cards which is pretty good.

Online I mostly use Privacy.com cards or Paypal.

In person, I mostly use debit cars. I have been trying to use more of my phone's ability to pay... but this being the first year of me owning a phone new enough for this feature means I am not used to the process at all.

My credit card, used through Google Pay one tap purchasing.
If I have to spend money, might as well maintain my credit score and earn some rewards.

real life cash.

Isn't it more work to make sure you always have enough cash on hand? ...and always have to go to the ATM or bank to get said cash?

Privacy.com cards

Whats that?

My credit card, used through Google Pay one tap purchasing.
If I have to spend money, might as well maintain my credit score and earn some rewards.

Thats pretty much what I do. I get a few hundred dollars back every year from credit card rewards. Free money :money:

Isn't it more work to make sure you always have enough cash on hand? ...and always have to go to the ATM or bank to get said cash?
Yes, but it's the only way to be sure the money from my bank account won't magically disappear, like it happened to some people who were gullible enough to trust other humans.

Yes, but it's the only way to be sure the money from my bank account won't magically disappear, like it happened to some people who were gullible enough to trust other humans.

You trust your bank and that's ran by humans. If you're that paranoid, keep all your money in a hollowed out wall in your house, just don't ever let your house burn down. :p

Yes, but if it disappears from the bank, I'll know which exact humans to blame.

Whats that?
It is a service that allows you to link your bank account and then create debit cards at will. It was first marketed to be "privacy-focused", but since they probably just sell your data like everyone else, the new concept is to lock cards to merchants and limits.

This is actually very nice as that means I can freely give someone my card info and they would both have to figure out what single site it works on and also not spend over the limit. They are also really nice for subscription services as when you get those shady services with 98 steps to cancel, I just lock their card, and problem solved. As a parent, they are also very nice to use for the kid's accounts as having a say $15 dollar on iTunes is a nice safeguard.

It is a service that allows you to link your bank account and then create debit cards at will. It was first marketed to be "privacy-focused", but since they probably just sell your data like everyone else, the new concept is to lock cards to merchants and limits.

This is actually very nice as that means I can freely give someone my card info and they would both have to figure out what single site it works on and also not spend over the limit. They are also really nice for subscription services as when you get those shady services with 98 steps to cancel, I just lock their card, and problem solved. As a parent, they are also very nice to use for the kid's accounts as having a say $15 dollar on iTunes is a nice safeguard.

That’s sounds awesome! I’ll go make an account. :)

I use a debit card practically everywhere I go. If I have cash on me for whatever reason, I'll usually try and use it first to get rid of it since I prefer paying with a debit card. Easy to deal with and you can easily access all your transactions via a mobile app.

I use a debit card practically everywhere I go. If I have cash on me for whatever reason, I'll usually try and use it first to get rid of it since I prefer paying with a debit card. Easy to deal with and you can easily access all your transactions via a mobile app.

Just be careful at gas stations, people install card readers on there and steal your info. Then use your debit card info to go spend a bunch of money under your name.

Just be careful at gas stations, people install card readers on there and steal your info. Then use your debit card info to go spend a bunch of money under your name.
I've never had this problem before and I've been using my debit card at gas stations for years now. Though I do understand what you mean, I think people have done the same for ATM machines too.

I've never had this problem before and I've been using my debit card at gas stations for years now. Though I do understand what you mean, I think people have done the same for ATM machines too.
ATMS are little more tricky because they have more cameras and security. Gas stations are easy targets.

Credit card as I prefer the rewards system. Credit cards are great if you can manage your cashflow and stay out of debt.

I like credit cards because they're safer; AND if you can keep them paid off monthly and avoid getting any late charges. Too easy to get in over your head with them.

I usually use a physical card to pay, either a debit or credit card. I don't use Apple Pay, I've just never set it up and not something I'm interested in using either. I also very rarely carry cash, unless I have been given it as a gift (Birthday, Christmas etc...).

I usually use a physical card to pay, either a debit or credit card. I don't use Apple Pay, I've just never set it up and not something I'm interested in using either. I also very rarely carry cash, unless I have been given it as a gift (Birthday, Christmas etc...).

I have apple pay set up on my phone. Its super easy, you just hold your phone up and you're done, Faster than opening your wallet and pulling out a card, using it and then putting the card back.

I prefer doing more of bank transfers. That is one of the best ways that I have been using here since making use of cards can fail sometimes.

I prefer doing more of bank transfers. That is one of the best ways that I have been using here since making use of cards can fail sometimes.
Fail because of the stores or because you don't have the balance available on your cards? :p

Debit card and cash. I like to keep cash on me because a couple of times in the past I've gone to the store only to find out none of the debit card machines were working and they were accepting just cash.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom